Start by marking “The Ultimate Sales Letter: Attract New Customers. Boost Your Sales” as Want to Read:
The Ultimate Sales Letter: Attract New Customers. Boost Your Sales

The Ultimate Sales Letter: Attract New Customers. Boost Your Sales

Write Well to Sell Big!

In the age of e-mail and instant communication, great sales copy is indispensable to closing a deal. But too many sales letters end up in the junk file or the wastebasket. In this new edition of his top-selling book, author Dan Kennedy explains why some sales letters work and most don't. And he shows how to write copy that any business can use.

Among
Published February 1st 2006 by Adams Media

To ask other readers questions about The Ultimate Sales Letter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ultimate Sales Letter

Chad Warner
Mar 23, 2014 Chad Warner rated it liked it
Recommends it for: copywriters, marketers, entrepreneurs, business owners
Recommended to Chad by: Seth Getz
A useful guide to writing sales copy. The third edition, published in 2006, deals mostly with printing and mailing sales letters, but many of the principles of sales copy are timeless and apply to any medium. There are many specific examples.

Kennedy is a fan of long copy, and claims that research shows it’s more effective than short copy. He makes a good point about appealing to buyers, and not being concerned about nonbuyers.

I agree with most of Kennedy’s advice, but I disagree with his willing
Daniel Taylor
Dan Kennedy reveals why he's the highest paid copywriter in the world in this book. Put simply, he works hard to collect the information — a lazy man would say an excessive amount — that he needs for each part of the sales letters he writes.

For Kennedy, writing sales letters is not creative; it's about following a process — a paint by numbers rather than a think outside the box approach. He guides you through each element of an effective sales letter, why it matters and how to present the inform
Jeffrey
Jun 21, 2008 Jeffrey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
This is really geared toward offline marketers but onliners can use it too. And after all, Dan Kennedy is the master of marketing. I like his renegade attitude. He pulls no punches. Want something accademic, just unapplied theory? Go to college. Want to be successful? Read Kennedy. I'm a Gold-Plus member and get his monthly newsletter and I've spent thousands on his training CDs, DVDs, and seminars. Want to breat from the fold? Get away from that boss who tells you when to go to work, lunch, hom ...more
Andrew Nathan
Jun 01, 2013 Andrew Nathan rated it it was amazing
My reference book whenever I write sales copy.
Margot Note
"My '10 Smart Market Diagnosis and Profiling Questions'
1. What keeps them awake at night, indigestion boiling up their esophagus, eyes open, staring at the ceiling?
2. What are they afraid of?
3. What are they angry about? Who are they angry at?
4. What are their top three daily frustrations?
5. What trends are occurring and will occur in their businesses or lives?
6. What do they secretly, ardently desire most?
7. Is there a built-in bias to the way they make decisions?
8. Do they have their own langu
Eric
Jun 26, 2014 Eric rated it it was ok
Shelves: business, dropped
I have a few reasons for not liking this book, and I happen to think they're pretty good.

First, the book is terribly disjointed. It's a collection of the top twenty sales letter techniques and they don't connect well at all. In the middle of a chapter on one thing, he'd talk about something else, which ends up being pretty annoying. it works for twenty blog posts, but not for a book.

Second, the author is freaking annoying. He has a knack for writing the scariest copy ever, and he takes a lot of
Viivika Tamm
May 12, 2014 Viivika Tamm rated it liked it
Nimekiri sammudest, mida eduka müügikirja koostamiseks teha. Ülevaatlik ja piisavalt põhjalik.

Häiris 2 asja: esiteks oli terve raamat ise üks suur müügikiri - igal teisel lehel püüti lugejale autori muid tooteid pähe määrida; teiseks propageeris raamat mõtteviisi, kus kõik on müügitehingu kindlustamiseks lubatud - tõe väänamisest sulaselge valetamiseni. Väga ameerikalik lähenemine.

Iseenesest polnud üldse kehv raamat, lihtsalt ei läinud minu maailmavaatega kokku. Kui Sul pole midagi agressiivsete
Chiara Cokieng
Dec 15, 2014 Chiara Cokieng rated it really liked it
Shelves: copywriter
Get if: 1. You need to write something to sell something, and 2. You're not a copywriter. I still use it for easy copywriting jobs. This is my go-to recommendation for people needing to write salesletters and landing pages. Contains just enough mindset stuff to understand what it takes to sell something, but also practical enough (contains templates and checklists) to ship your salesletter without overthinking.
Sven
Feb 05, 2016 Sven rated it it was amazing
The Ultimate Sales letter presents the most important techniques to write a good one. It forces you to think from your reader's point of view again and again. It's not about the product YOU want to sell, it's all about the NEEDS of your potential customers. There's nothing more to say besides that it's a practical handbook. Do the exercises and write, write, write.
Aubree Deimler
Mar 12, 2015 Aubree Deimler rated it really liked it
While I don't have intentions of mailing out sales letters I was hoping to pick up some tips from copywriting guru Dan Kennedy for writing web copy. I found some useful tips but the book is very much focused on print letters, so I found myself skimming a lot of the time.
Joe
Mar 01, 2008 Joe rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for new ideas to help market your business. You need to get this book because it will help you be a better letter/ad writer. Anyone can learn from Dan Kennedy and you'll learn it's not hard to write your own letters and advertisements.
Sergei
Feb 06, 2016 Sergei rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Dissapointment. "How to deceive people into buying crap they don't need" - why is it always so with sales?
Charles Kraus
Jul 03, 2016 Charles Kraus rated it really liked it
Lots of great ideas that are still relevant today. A good reference book to keep handy for everyday use.
Matthew
May 26, 2015 Matthew rated it really liked it
I found this very helpful for me as a business owner. I have struggled with my sales copy and I was able to glean some helpful points throughout the book. I will definitely be re-reading this one.
Jason Waldron
Mar 12, 2009 Jason Waldron rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
I am an entrepreneur. I like, no LOVE, books that make me more money.

This book is the best $15 you'll ever spend if you're interested in using your writing skills to bring in cash.
Austin Netzley
Dec 04, 2015 Austin Netzley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great kennedy book

Practical and actionable. No b.s. book on writing copy that converts. Every one of Dan's books is a must read for marketers, this is no diff
Menilik Dyer
This book is a description of one way to write a sales letter. It's a good way, but not the only way.
Michael Saul
Jan 08, 2015 Michael Saul rated it it was amazing
A classic, and for good reason. I've read this numerous times, and believe it is a staple for anyone in direct marketing.
Jovan Babović
Mar 20, 2016 Jovan Babović rated it it was amazing
A great handbook for copywriting beginners. Dan Kennedy is the master of Direct Response, Info Marketing, and Copywriting.
Alina Tabac
Alina Tabac rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2015
Cnd
Cnd rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2013
Scott Jones
Scott Jones rated it it was ok
Jan 28, 2017
Christopher Pittman jr
Christopher Pittman jr rated it it was amazing
Oct 09, 2013
Hi5pat
Hi5pat rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2013
Andreas Kwiatkowsky
Andreas Kwiatkowsky rated it really liked it
May 06, 2016
Joanny Liu
Aug 28, 2014 Joanny Liu rated it it was amazing
Gives you insight to writing sales letters and sales copy.
Michael Hiles
Michael Hiles rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2012
Jared Wiebelhaus
Jared Wiebelhaus rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2015
stephen clutton
stephen clutton rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2017
David Arroyo
David Arroyo rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2015
  • Tested Advertising Methods
  • Breakthrough Advertising
  • My Life in Advertising and Scientific Advertising
  • Advertising Secrets of the Written Word: The Ultimate Resource on How to Write Powerful Advertising Copy from One of America's Top Copywriters and Mail Order Entrepreneurs
  • The Robert Collier Letter Book
  • How to Write a Good Advertisement: A Short Course in Copywriting
  • Advanced Selling Strategies: The Proven System of Sales Ideas, Methods, and Techniques Used by Top Salespeople
  • Web Copy That Sells: The Revolutionary Formula for Creating Killer Copy Every Time
  • Zero-Resistance Selling: Achieve Extraordinary Sales Results Using World Renowned techqs Psycho Cyberneti
  • Words that Sell
  • 80/20 Sales and Marketing: The Definitive Guide to Working Less and Making More
  • The Guerrilla Marketing Handbook
  • Hypnotic Writing: How to Seduce and Persuade Customers with Only Your Words
  • The Boron Letters
  • Cashvertising: How to Use More Than 100 Secrets of Ad-Agency Psychology to Make BIG MONEY Selling Anything to Anyone
  • Experiential Marketing: How to Get Customers to Sense, Feel, Think, Act, Relate
  • The Sticking Point Solution: 9 Ways to Move Your Business from Stagnation to Stunning Growth InTough Economic Times
  • Get Clients Now!: A 28-Day Marketing Program for Professionals, Consultants, and Coaches - Third Edition
Dan S. Kennedy is the provocative, truth-telling author of seven popular No B.S. books, thirteen business books total; a serial, successful, multi-millionaire entrepreneur; trusted marketing advisor, consultant and coach to hundreds of private entrepreneurial clients running businesses from $1-million to $1-billion in size; and he influences well over 1-million independent business owners annually ...more
More about Dan S. Kennedy...

“Get a fix on the prospect/customer/client and on his or her desires; failing to do so will undermine all your other efforts.” 0 likes
“Always enter the conversation already occurring in the customer's mind.” 0 likes