Start by marking “McClairen's Isle: The Reckless One (McClairen's Isle, #2)” as Want to Read:
McClairen's Isle: The Reckless One (McClairen's Isle, #2)

McClairen's Isle: The Reckless One (McClairen's Isle #2)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  384 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Raine: The Reckless One...there was sin in his smile and wildness in his soul....

Raine Merrick's wild, reckless spirit had earned him time in a French prison. When a mysterious beauty gains his freedom only to betray him, Raine Merrick sets out for his father's castle on McClairen's Isle, seeking the treasure hidden within. But strange surprises await him in the Highlands.
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published January 11th 2000 by Dell

To ask other readers questions about McClairen's Isle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about McClairen's Isle

David
As of late u will see that i've been reading lots of Romance type novels. Recently I saw one of my friends throwing out, lots of books, and i said "Whoa There" let me take a look.

She informed me I would not be interested, cuz they were just trashy romance novels, but i culled out the Historical Romance ones, cuz I love reading Historical novels. The remainder I donated to my local community college, which they later sold ALL of them , at a book sale. The moral of the story , Don't throw your boo
Nadine Jones
I had a hard time rating this. It was really good, but not amazingly good. Really more of a 3.5 stars ... but no half stars, and it's better than good (which in my mind, "good" = 3 stars), so 4 stars.

Just as when I read McClairen's Isle: The Passionate One, I didn't like this much at first. It took me a while to get into it and start to care about the characters. I think that was more a function of where my head was at than of the quality of the book.

We meet Raine Merrick rotting away in jail, s
Tracy
As much as I liked this story, it wasn't quite as good as the first book.

I did like Raine, he didn't seem reckless to me and he was so young when he was imprisoned that I am not sure I really buy that he was the sexual master Ms. Brockway tries to portray him as.

Favor was a good heroine, but I didn't like that she was so easily guilted into going along with Muria's plan. And to be honest - it was a stupid plan.

Again, Lord Carr is a twisted, evil, totally vile character. And why were people ca
Teresa
I had already read the other two books in this series, and they have become pretty predictable by now. However, I did enjoy the book. The main fellow, Raine, is, as so often is the case, a ladies' man to the core. He even slept with a nun...give me a break! However, the back story of Raine and favor is quite endearing, so I couldn't help but like the fact that they got together. Muira became terribly annoying, so I was glad when she got what was coming to her. Carr is the typical obnoxious, crue ...more
Lori McD

This installment in the trilogy was much better than the first book, in my opinion. There wasn't as much blatant and gratuitous sex and heavy petting. The characters were well-drawn, and the "mystery" surrounding the story was well-done.

This book is about Raine Merrick, the second child of Janet McClairen and Randall Merrick, Earl of Carr. Carr didn't really like either of his boys, Ash or Raine; but he always petted and cossetted the youngest, a daughter named Fia. Raine apparently tri
Maria
This is book 2 of the Merrick Siblings. I truly enjoyed this story. It made me laugh, was sad in parts and hopeful in others. Raine and Favor were great characters. Both strong and individually independent. I like this book more so than book 1. I love to buy trilogy books when the last book in the series comes out so I can read them back to back, as I did with this one.
Laurla2
"my heart, graceless thing, did not ask my opinion. it loved without first seeking my counsel."
P.
Wow. More than a tad over done, but I mostly enjoyed reading it.
Morgan
I liked the first book better. Not sure what was different, could be that I stopped in the middle and mislayed the book then picked it up a few weeks later. Anyhow, Connie Brockway continues to remain on my Author TBR list. Will start book 3 as soon I as I finish a few others which are half read.
Betsy
This is the second book in a series, and it is better than the first! It's interesting how the two characters lie to each other, but they know the reasoning behind it, and just let it go. No drama about it, they are reasonable people. very refreshing!
Michelle Callaghan
I just couldn't get into this book. Hard to review it because I just didn't enjoy it. Too predictable, too slow, nothing to make it stand on its own.
Boring!
Hilary
Pretty good. Raine Merrick and the girl (Favor McClairen) who had saved him from death as a kid – at the expense of her own clan.
Susan
Raine & Favor, fightg to right past wrongs, findg frndshp & lv despite pst histry, vengenc & hate
Megan
Good storyline, characters, and fluff sections. Very enjoyable!
Amber
Rather overwrought, but I still enjoyed it.
Nikel27
Good read, bookcrossing book
Rachel
really good
Savannah
Savannah marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Karen
Karen added it
Jan 23, 2015
Liz Bohrer
Liz Bohrer marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Monika
Monika marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
CJ Vaughn
CJ Vaughn marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Megan Scott
Megan Scott marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
  • The Scottish Companion
  • The Enchantress (Highland Treasure, #2)
  • Seducing a Scottish Bride (MacKenzie, #6)
  • The Blood of Roses (Highlands, #2)
  • Shattered Rainbows (Fallen Angels, #5)
  • Give Me Tonight
  • Wicked Little Game (Series, #3)
  • A Belated Bride (Rogues, #2)
  • The Knight Before Christmas
  • How to Engage an Earl (Royle Sisters, #2)
  • Since the Surrender (Pennyroyal Green, #3)
  • To Tempt a Scotsman (Huntington, #1)
New York Times and USAToday best selling author Connie Brockway has twice won the Romance Writers of America's Rita award for best historical romance as well as being an eight time finalist. After receiving a double major in art history and English from Macalester College, Connie entered grad school with an eye to acquiring her MFA in creative writing. Soon enough she jettisoned the idea of writin ...more
More about Connie Brockway...

McClairen's Isle (3 books)
  • McClairen's Isle: The Passionate One (McClairen's Isle, #1)
  • McClairen's Isle: The Ravishing One (McClairen's Isle, #3)
As You Desire (Braxton, #1) My Dearest Enemy All Through the Night (Royal Agents #2) The Other Guy's Bride (Braxton, #2) McClairen's Isle: The Passionate One (McClairen's Isle, #1)