Start by marking “Jailhouse Rock” as Want to Read:
Jailhouse Rock

Jailhouse Rock

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  312 ratings  ·  64 reviews
After a year of traveling before settling into art school, Trent Rawlings returned to the small town where he grew up, just in time to celebrate his best friend's twenty-first birthday. What started as a fun night of glitzing it up and dancing at a rave, ended with an arrest, his best friend's negotiations for a "get out of jail free" card, and an overwhelming urge to tack ...more
Published April 28th 2011 by L.C. Chase

To ask other readers questions about Jailhouse Rock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jailhouse Rock

Justin
Cha-Ching! I can't believe this is a free story.

The plot may be slightly predictable but that certainly didn't keep me from enjoying the hell out of this one. Beefy, bear cops and cute, twinky twinks, what more could you ask for? It's funny, it's sweet and it's erotic. Winner, winner, Chicken dinner!!
ttg
3.5 stars - A fun and fast short story (with the extra bonus of being free to download.)

This is the second work I’ve read by L.C. Chase (after the very enjoyable and taut thriller Riding with Heaven.) Here, she coauthors a short story with Xara X. Xanakas. It’s a fun, light, and fast read. (At a little over 10,000+ words,)

The story is about young Trent, home from college and celebrating his BFF Caleb’s 21st birthday. But things go from fun to confusing when Cal is arrested and Trent, in true BFF
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
This story was surprisingly hot, especially considering (view spoiler) The sexual tension was amazing. Trent is too stupid to live as everything was obvious from the moment the officer arrived at the party. The scenes were very well described and I could easily envision every one of Cal's hot little antics. I would love to read more about him.

Happy ending? (view spoiler)
Pia Veleno
While I figured out the endgame by the time the boys were closed into the cop car, it was still a cute story. Trent made a good narrator swinging between Oh Shit! and fantasizing while embracing that friendship saying: "A good friend is someone you can call from jail. A great friend is there in jail beside you."
Averin
Predictable but not trashy.
Julesmarie
What I liked: I agree that men in uniform are hawt, and I wouldn't mind getting felt up by one either!

What I didn't like: The "surprise" ending was transparent from the start, and in spite of the shortness of the story, it didn't feel like it moved quickly enough. Perhaps I was simply frustrated by being trapped in the PoV of someone dumb enough to not be able to see what was really going on.
Benjamin
It'a Cal's birthday and his best friend Trent is helping him celebrate, but when a cop, Officer Thompson, turns up and arrests Cal for no apparent reason Trent stands up for his friend, and soon finds he is sharing a cell with Cal. In an attempt to 'get out of jail free' Cal starts making advances to the big bad cop Officer Lachlann now in charge, much to Trent's dismay - that Trent has the hots for the handsome arresting officer only complicates matters. But not is all as it seems, and there ar ...more
Nancy
Cute, funny, and erotic! I love that Trent is such a good friend to Cal and even though I figured out the "surprise" early on, it was fun to see Trent's reaction.
Harper
Totally adorable! :D But, then, a story by these two ladies couldn't be anything less than awesome. And it's free to boot? Win/win.
Silkeeeeee
Another free, short story by L.C. chase. Cute without the heat of Kiss. Kiss gets my vote of the better read.
M.J. O'Shea
Super cute, well written, entertaining...and free! Who could ask for more? Definitely recommended:)
SheReadsALot
Short story fun filled with twinks, cop fantasies and a steamy (yet pg-13) plot. I really liked.
Ayu Puspita Sari
Beyond expectation!

I would gladly give this piece a 5 star if I didn't quite in the edge of my seat when I read the ending. It's too short! I want more continuation on Trent and Jared!

At first I was rather hesitant to download, expecting this story to be just a kinky one-night stand story of two police officer and two twinks. But then it's free, who am I get it pass for a free book? So I download it with my worst expectation.

But after I read it, I admitted that I was horribly wrong. This is no k
Lorraine Lesar
This was definitely one of the better "free reads " out there. It was fun, well written and addictive. I kinda guessed what was happening, but had to keep reading to see if I was right. Will definitely be seeking what else this author has to offer. Though very short and because I liked it so much, 4*.
L-D
Free download

3.5 stars. Was this story totally predictable? Yes, indeed it was. Was it still entertaining? Pretty much so. It's Cal's 21st birthday and his party is at a bonfire. His friend Trent is back home after a year of traveling. When a cop comes on the scene and arrests Cal for Disorderly Conduct, Trent refuses to let his friend go to jail alone. Once in a cell, Cal uses his seductive skills to get them released on "good behavior". I know, the plot's a tiny bit cheesy, but I liked Trent -
Lee
Jailhouse Rock is a short story that has some very nice reviews written about it. I wish I could join them, but I can't get over the transparency of the plot. Knowing what was going to happen only made be want the story to be over with. The characters are cute and likable, but it seemed that they all were holding their breath hoping that no one would find out what they were doing. I wish there had been more for them to do, more for them to be. The plot needs fluffing out, it might work better as ...more
kasjo_peja
3.5 stars. OK for freebie.
Neyjour
I enjoyed this story so much!

It's really rare for me to give a full 5 stars to short stories/novelettes, because no matter how good they might be, they usually tend to feel somewhat lacking due to the length. But, although this one did leave me desperately wanting more, overall it still felt very complete and satisfying.

Very well written, great plot and great characters! A definite page-turner, and highly recommended!

A note to the authors: Can we get a sequel? Pretty please! :D
Pam
Despite the plot being totally predictable I still thoroughly enjoyed this well written and lively short. Friends Cal and Trent are great together and the fun, bantering conversation was a hoot. It moves along at a fairly quick pace and Trent's uneasiness with their unexpected jailhouse situation is believable. There's a lot of flirting, plenty of emotion and lots of suggestive behavior, but at heart its a romantic tale of a birthday fantasy fulfilled. I would love a short featuring Trent and Ja ...more
Brad
What a fun read. I was surprized I liked this as well as I did because I usually like novel-length stories where there's more time for the characters to develop, etc. These two authors are really good in telling this really sweet and erotically charged story. I should have known it was going to be good when I saw it was dedicated to my friend, Thorny. May he serve as the muse for more stories like this!
Ami
This short story is another break I need from all the murder mysteries I read -- it's kinky naughty, and I totally think that Cal is a kinky slut (grin). I wish the relationship between Trent and Thompson is more developed though, that the whole story gives something (rather than Trent's inner monologue), like them acting on their attraction. Still, for a short story, it's nice.
Carole-Ann
A wonderful free read!

Trent is home because his BF Cal is celebrating his birthday - but they both end up in jail......

Trent gets the hots for one of the local cops; and Cal makes out with another (although, unknown to Trent, this one is Cal's lover).

A lovely (happy for now) read, and isn't Trent just a super guy, putting himself in jail to support his friend!!
Monika
4.5 Stars

What a great little story, funny, sweet and sexy. The characters where great, Cal who seemed familiar to me *wink* I could really see him and bear together. Trent and Jared deserve a story of their own, and that was one niggle I had with this short story, the ending seems more like a beginning for them! Like all shorts they end too soon!
Tara
This is a short story about two friends that end up in an interesting situation. Coming from a family of law enforcement I spent a lot of time going, "What?". The rest of the time I want to hit Trent in the head and tell him to get a clue. For me it was just an ok story, but it was free so that made it better.
jules0623
Fantastic read! Everyone loves a man in uniform and this was a perfect fantasy fulfillment story. I did feel sorry for Trent, who was only trying to be a good friend, but his very own man in uniform is a really good apology for his confusion. :)
Noughty
Great writing and characters. Could be longer

I just knew it :D The ending I mean. (view spoiler)
Laura M
This a a fun, free read about a guy who goes the extra mile trying to protect a friend. It's a short story and it's easy to see what's coming, but well worth the time.

(The story is much cuter than the cover . . .)
Texy
Aww... This was so cute and entertaining but I want more!! I want to see Jared and Trent have some real fun. Thumbs up on the idea of the birthday present since I have a little fetish on cops (and handcuffs). ;)
Jessica  `~Blahyze~`
I give this 4 1/2 stars.

I would have loved to read a full-length book continuing from where this ended. I want to read more about Trent and Jared. A great short little story.
LutaWolf
Honestly the story isn't bad it's just personally for me the book didn't jive with what I expect out of a friend so I couldn't really enjoy it as other's did.
  • Midnight
  • The Mis-adventures of a Teenage Mark
  • Sink or Swim
  • Whitetail Rock (Whitetail Rock, #1)
  • The Good Doctor
  • Breaking Point
  • You and a Billion Blue Tiles
  • More Than Moonlight (Lucky Moon, #0.5)
  • More Than Just a Good Book, A Short Story
  • Like the Taste of Summer
  • Balancing Karma
  • Seedy Business (HardCell, #0.5)
  • Starting Over
  • Kevin's Stories: Volume 1 (Car Wash, #2)
  • Caged
  • One of Those Days
  • Home Port
  • Like a Sparrow Through the Heart (Like a Sparrow, #1)
Cover artist by day, author by night, L.C. Chase is a hopeless romantic, free spirit, and adventure seeker who loves hitting the open road just to see where it takes her. When not road tripping or writing about beautiful men falling love, L.C. can be found designing book covers featuring said beautiful men, drawing, horseback riding, or hiking the trails with her goofy four-legged buddy.
More about L.C. Chase...
Long Tall Drink Open Tackle Pickup Men (Pickup Men, #1) Riding With Heaven Let it Ride (Pickup Men, #2)