Start by marking “Birds of Prey” as Want to Read:
Birds of Prey

Birds of Prey (Serial Killers #2.2)

Annie Wilkes from Misery...
John Doe from Se7en...
Hannibal Lecter...

For everyone who thinks the bad guys are so much more fun to read than the good guys, we’ve written a book just for you.

In the annuls of modern thriller fiction, the villains always steal the show. We love to read and watch great villains. In many cases, they’re the best, most entertaining parts of our book
Published April 20th 2011 by Joe Konrath

To ask other readers questions about Birds of Prey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Birds of Prey

Eric_W
Jun 14, 2011 Eric_W rated it it was ok
I like Konrath/Crouch and felt somewhat let down by this disjointed collection of short pieces highlighting some of his sociopathic killers. It all seemed a bit predictable and the warnings of gore and mayhem struck me as a PR ploy rather than really cautionary. I found nothing particularly scary (some of today's headlines are really much more terrifying.) Jack Daniels makes an appearance; why, I have no clue.
Sena
Mar 12, 2012 Sena rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this read. I know I've said it before, but Kilborn is a genius! I find myself falling in love with anything and everything this man writes. This novella was slightly different because it involves all the bad guys. ....i loved how all of the characters connected at some point in time. ....and i'll think twice before ever stepping foot into a firing range.
Kevin Smith
Dec 09, 2011 Kevin Smith rated it really liked it
Not as good as the first two books in the series, but still a very good book. No one does horror like Jack Kilborn/ J. A . Konrath and Blake Crouch. One of the Joys of the ereader is finding some of these authors that you would have never found.
Rob
Nov 01, 2011 Rob rated it it was amazing
21 psychopathic killers in one book? Sign me up! Kilborn (Konrath) and Crouch have speedily entered my small "favorite of favorites" list with their awesome reads.
Bill
Aug 31, 2011 Bill rated it liked it
I like this series of novellas. I look forward to meeting some of these characters in the books that they originated from.
Cherie
Sep 22, 2016 Cherie rated it it was amazing
Birds of Prey

I absolutely loved this book. It was a compilation of several books of my favorite author. Some of the chapters were an exact copy of some of his books. The writing style was tight and the plots in each of the chapters left you wanting more. It kept me up all night, just reading and enjoying Mr. Crouch. I gave it 5 stars because I've come to just love his books. If you like this type of blood and gore, you'll love this book!!!
Glenn Conley
Oct 08, 2014 Glenn Conley rated it did not like it
Shelves: reviewed
If you have read Serial Killers Uncut, which is buy the same authors, don't bother reading this. Birds of Prey is pretty much just a copy of that book.

This book is a collection of short stories about serial killers, same as Serial Killers Uncut. It is not a novella. As far as I can tell, there are only 2 very short stories in Birds of of Prey which are not included in Serial Killers Uncut. And both of those stories are exposition pieces about the killers' youth.

If I had known this was the only
May 05, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
If you have read a lot of Blake Crouch and JA Konrath/Jack Kilborn's books, you will love this one! Birds of Prey goes into the early lives of some of the serial killer character is previous book - Donaldson, Luther Kite, Alex & Charles Kork, and even includes an appearance by Jack Daniels. It is a short, quick read and most of the chapters read like short stories, and knowing the characters already, I loved the additional details background, and the "meet up" towards the end. If you are loo ...more
Andrea
Jul 01, 2013 Andrea rated it it was ok
Scary? Nope. Not when you have a mishmash of semi-related stories involving what can only be called a host of serial killers swarming around on the hunt. So over the top that it's more like a manga or maybe a trashy B-movie without, unfortunately, any 3rd degree humor.
Kind of like observing a spider tend to a trapped fly in its web; you feel compelled to watch the process, but once the spider's finished, you go on your way. Do you really want to watch it a dozen or more times? OK, with differen
Felts
Jul 03, 2012 Felts rated it did not like it
This story(?) is basically just a convoluted mix of Crouch and Kilborn's most gruesome characters. There really isn't a plot to follow, rather it is more like a bunch of random, not-so-believable encounters between several serial killers. I would only recommend this to extreme fans of both writers who have read all of their previous works and want a little filler while waiting for the next actual novel by one of these guys to come out. Occasional collaborations are o.k., but when you go to the w ...more
Shadow Girl
Jan 05, 2014 Shadow Girl rated it it was amazing
Shelves: unread-gotem
I think, after looking here on Goodreads, that since I read KILLERS UNCUT instead of SERIAL KILLERS UNCUT, I still need to read Break You to complete this entire series.
I thought I had reviewed this already!
I'm going back trying to find which novels to read, I want to read about Lucy.
Any suggestions?
Dave Pope
Feb 08, 2014 Dave Pope rated it really liked it
Not as good as the previous series works (Serial Uncut and Killers) but a very good read all the same. As with the previous works this is funny, gory and just insane in parts. Highly recommended to readers who enjoy their horror laced with the extreme and not for those who enjoy tame or mild reads who are put off by heavy, descriptive violence.
Emmi Mokhtar
Jul 03, 2013 Emmi Mokhtar rated it really liked it
Some pretty sick s@#! in this book, I thought I was going to be turned off after the first chapter but it's surprisingly entertaining...bonus points for appearances by Jack Daniels, and Clay from Draculas..(hands down one of my favorite books this year.)
Crista Lynn
Apr 13, 2012 Crista Lynn rated it it was amazing
After reading the serial killers series I couldn't help but read this one also.
I was not disappointed at all.
Another home run for crouch and killborn.
Tammy
Aug 21, 2012 Tammy rated it it was ok
One psychokiller is scary, two interesting (Serial). But an endless stream of boogie men is just numbing.
Linda
Jan 05, 2012 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any one who love to read horror
Recommended to Linda by: kindle
Frightening circumstances can change a normal loving family in ways one could never suspect. Another good read from the masters.
Michele Faith
Jan 27, 2015 Michele Faith rated it it was ok
Basically a collection of serial killers thrown together for shock value. I wasn't shocked nor did I care at all about what happened to anyone in this book.
Steve
Steve rated it it was ok
Feb 13, 2017
Erica
Erica rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2013
Mary Maxwell
Mary Maxwell rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2015
Twyla
Twyla rated it it was ok
Nov 22, 2016
Carmen
Carmen rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2012
Beth Howard
Beth Howard rated it liked it
Sep 23, 2012
Joy
Joy rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2015
Meri Anne Schow
Meri Anne Schow rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2014
Darryl Russ
Darryl Russ rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2014
Naomi Perez
Naomi Perez rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2016
Kimberly Raiser
Kimberly Raiser rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2012
Kevin  Kempf
Kevin Kempf rated it really liked it
Dec 23, 2013
Tonya Marie
Tonya Marie rated it liked it
Oct 27, 2015
  • Truck Stop
  • Wild Night Is Calling
  • Symbios
  • Faint of Heart
  • Ultimate Thriller Box Set
  • Ashes
Blake Crouch is a bestselling novelist and screenwriter. He is the author of the forthcoming novel, Dark Matter, for which he is writing the screenplay for Sony Pictures. His international-bestselling Wayward Pines trilogy was adapted into a television series for FOX, executive produced by M. Night Shyamalan, that was Summer 2015’s #1 show. With Chad Hodge, Crouch also created Good Behavior, the T ...more
More about Blake Crouch...

Serial Killers (3 books)
  • Serial Uncut: Extended Edition
  • Killers Uncut - A Novel of Terror
  • Break You (Andrew Z. Thomas/Luther Kite #3)