Start by marking “Burning Precinct Puerto Rico (Luis Gonzalo, #3)” as Want to Read:
Burning Precinct Puerto Rico (Luis Gonzalo, #3)

Burning Precinct Puerto Rico (Luis Gonzalo #3)

3.76  ·  Rating Details  ·  29 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
What should have been a night of celebrating 25 years on the job turns into one of the worst nights Luis Gonzalo has ever spent when he is called to the scene of a tragic fire. It doesn't take long for Gonzalo to figure out that the fire was no accident. It's figuring out the rest of the puzzle that's the hard part.
Published May 1st 2004 by Thomas Dunne Books

To ask other readers questions about Burning Precinct Puerto Rico, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burning Precinct Puerto Rico

Sherri F.
#3 in Luis Gonzalo series was another enjoyable, quick-paced police procedural and an easy, quick read that piggybacks a little off #1 in series (but better than #1; not quite as good as #2). I like the geographic locale--and car chases in those hills are suspenseful for me since the only time I tried to drive them over 20 yrs ago, I didn't go more than 15 mph for fear of going over the side or into a tree or someone's house on the other side of steep, tight turns). Of course, I like the regular ...more
LJ
MESSAGE IN THE FLAMES (Police Procedural-Sheriff Luis Gonzalo, Puerto Rico-Cont) – G
Torres, Steven – 5th in series
Leisure Fiction, 2008, US Paperback – ISBN: 0843959983

First Sentence: “When you destroy a hornets’ nest, be sure to kill all the hornets.”

The celebration, recognizing Sheriff Luis Gonzalo’s 25 years of service is interrupted when a fire is spotted on a nearby hill. The situation becomes a crime scene when the bodies of a farmer and his wife, both clearly murder victims, are found. Fo
Ronald
Sep 07, 2012 Ronald rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I read most of Steven Torres police procedural novels last summer. They are good tales as far as they go, and his main character, Luis Gonzalo, is portrayed as a competent, likable chap (perhaps an anomaly as for a Puerto Rican police officer). I was particularly interested in the setting of each or the stories--a ficticious small town out on the island. Bottom line: competent, police procedurals made more interesting by the setting.
Ronald
Mar 16, 2012 Ronald rated it it was ok
Jomi Marie
Apr 17, 2013 Jomi Marie marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: score-at-library
Sadly on April 14th my book accidentally fell into a pond while I was fishing with my fiance and I can no longer read it unless I grab a copy from the library :(
Katie
Feb 02, 2010 Katie rated it liked it
Not as good as Book Two, but maybe it was just my mood at the time. I still couldn't put it down.
Jimmie Lee Johnson
Jimmie Lee Johnson rated it liked it
Dec 03, 2015
Pamela Hammond
Pamela Hammond rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2015
Kathy
Kathy added it
Feb 15, 2015
Sharon H
Sharon H rated it liked it
Dec 19, 2014
Debbie York Allen
Debbie York Allen marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Brenda
Brenda rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2014
NE
NE added it
Jun 29, 2014
Stephen Boiko
Stephen Boiko rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2014
Tiffanie
Tiffanie marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Anita
Anita marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2013
Delily
Delily rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2013
Marco Viera
Marco Viera rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2013
Cktgrl
Cktgrl marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2013
Ng
Ng rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2013
Mickey
Mickey rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2013
Hilda Garcia
Hilda Garcia rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2013
Nancy
Nancy added it
Dec 15, 2012
Trisha
Trisha marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2012
Ivelise
Ivelise rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2012
Eva
Eva rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2012
Judy
Judy rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2012
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2012
Shelly
Shelly rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2012
Steven Torres was born in the Bronx, spent part of his childhood in Puerto Rico and has authored six previously published novels. He teaches English in Connecticut where he lives with wife and daughter.
More about Steven Torres...

Luis Gonzalo (5 books)
  • Precinct Puerto Rico (Luis Gonzalo, #1)
  • Death in Precinct Puerto Rico (Luis Gonzalo, #2)
  • Missing in Precinct Puerto Rico (Luis Gonzalo, #4)
  • Blackout in Precinct Puerto Rico (Luis Gonzalo, #5)