Unit Polyhedron Origami

Unit Polyhedron Origami

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  5 reviews
With step-by-step diagrams, detailed instructions and over 70 photographs in vibrant full-color, internationally-renowned origamist and author Tomoko Fuse offers an innovative approach to origami based on assembling separate, multi-dimensional shapes into one structure.
Some of the shapes, like pyramids or four-sided boxes, are simple to master, even for a beginner. Others...more
Published November 1st 2006 by Japan Publications Trading Company (first published September 15th 2006)

Ronny
The book I read was Unit Origami: Multi-dimensional Transformations by the same author. I'm unsure if this is a different edition, but if it's anything like that book, I recommend it for all origami fans (but not necessarily purists).

Unit Origami is origami made out of different pieces of paper and then fitted together without adhesives. You use origami to fold the pieces into special modules that can fit together, then you fit them together to produce what you want. This opens up a whole new ra...more
Niken
Sep 07, 2007 Niken rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: origami lover
Shelves: howtobook
Ini salah satu buku origami punya dita yang pernah gw baca. Di buku ini ada petunjuk bagaimana caranya membuat kotak toong. :D
Nama aslinya tentu bukan kotak toong, tapi polyhedral bla bla bla apa gitu. Susah banget diingetnya. jadi, dita memberinya nama kotak toong. Trus banyak juga temen2nya kotak toong di buku ini. Beberapa kalo digabung2in bisa membentuk origami yang mirip ayam! Ayam Toong! Hahahaha
Charlotte
I'm not rating this low because it was bad. It's just that I was trying to work through this with a 1st grader and that did NOT work. It's way too advanced and frustrating for a child. In fact, I found it hard to follow myself. The book seemed great but definitely not for beginners.
Jay
I've seen a few designs modified from this book before, and was amazed and delighted by the clear instructions, beautiful yet systemic model photos, and progressive approach. Easily my new favorite origami book.
Sally
They're ordering it for me! woo hoo

I was expecting modular models like this Epcot Ball, but after I get the hang of it, these will do fine.
Luz
Luz marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Wasco
Wasco marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Shanna Leigh
Shanna Leigh marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
M0hamad Al-obeidi
M0hamad Al-obeidi marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2014
Gokfar
Gokfar marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Mariam El gazar
Mariam El gazar marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2014
Eduardo
Eduardo marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014
Balter
Balter marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Grok Testuser
Grok Testuser is currently reading it
Dec 17, 2013
John
John marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2013
Shannon Shatto
Shannon Shatto marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2013
Kaya
Kaya marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2013
Mido
Mido marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2013
Khalid Bin walid
Khalid Bin walid marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2013
Mohammadreza
Mohammadreza marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2013
Omaima
Omaima marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2013
S.leitnergmx.de
S.leitnergmx.de marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Fabulous Origami Boxes Unit Origami: Multidimensional Transformations Origami Boxes: Moribana Style Kusudama Origami Floral Origami Globes