Start by marking “A Rancher's Pride” as Want to Read:
A Rancher's Pride

A Rancher's Pride (American Romance's Men of the West #5)

3.81  ·  Rating Details  ·  43 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews

Sam Robertson's life just changed. In one short day, he found out that he's a daddy; that his beautiful little girl, Becky, is deaf; and that her aunt, sign language teacher Kayla Ward, intends to fight him for custody.
There are plenty of reasons Sam shouldn't fall for Kayla. A city girl like her has no place on his ranch, particularly when she's his ex-wife's gorgeous si
Published May 1st 2011 by Harlequin American Romance (first published April 13th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about A Rancher's Pride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Rancher's Pride

Stephanie (Once Upon a Chapter)
Mombo
I am not sure that a couple fighting a custody battle, like Sam and Kayla were, could trust each other and fall in love like they did in ARP. I couldn't get past that fact and had trouble enjoying this story.

Kayla's sister, Ronnie, gives up Becky to Sam, her natural father, and for some reason Kayla thinks that's wrong? Sam actually thinks Kayla has a case for disputing his custody of Becky because of his daughter's disability when the mother has given him his full parental rights? Never gonna h
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Will the gift of a special needs child he didn’t even know existed be the balm that heals this rancher’s wounded pride? Sam Robertson has matured a lot since his misspent youth that resulted in a hasty marriage and an almost as equally quick divorce. It’s been four years since his wife, with help of her sister, high-tailed off the ranch leaving him with a stack of credit card bills, mistrust for women and a whole lot of regret. He didn’t realize what she took from him would be worth much more th ...more
Cynthia D'Alba
May 12, 2011 Cynthia D'Alba rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Barbara White Daille is a friend and asked if I would read and review her book…always a dangerous proposition, sort of like skating on thin ice. Both situations have the possibility to go really bad.

But in my situation, I had nothing to fear. The book in question, A RANCHER’S PRIDE, is well written, heart-warming, and memorable.

Sam Robertson’s life just changed. In one short day, he found out that he’s a daddy; that his beautiful little girl, Becky, is deaf; and that her aunt, sign language teac
Inga
Jun 23, 2011 Inga rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My review:

I received this book through a contest on the blog Once Upon A Chapter and I read it in one sitting after opening the package. A Rancher’s Pride was smoothly written and it was really easy to read. The story was interesting and characters believable.

The plot:

Rancher Sam Robertson gets a serious surprise when her ex-wife drops a present to him. He finds out that he has a 4 years old daughter Becky and to make his shock even bigger, his daughter is also deaf. Couple of days later Becky’s
Amber
Dec 08, 2015 Amber rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won this book from another online contest. I've been on a cozy mystery kick lately, but really enjoyed reading a good ole' romance. Sam and Kayla's clash over custody of Sam's daughter/Kayla's niece and the development of the story was interesting. The issues of dealing with a hearing impaired child was well thought out and realistic. I am really glad I had the opportunity to read this book.
Donnell Bell
Dec 01, 2012 Donnell Bell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think Ms. Daille sunk her heart and soul into this book. A little background: Rancher Sam Robertson lives in New Mexico with his aging mother. Sam is a bitter divorced man, with a questionable past. His ex-wife Ronnie adds one more layer to his bitter persona--she drops off the daughter he never knew he had and then simply abandons her to Sam’s care. Becky is not just any four-year-old, however. She comes with issues. Becky is deaf. So not only do we have a man who never knew he was a dad, he ...more
Amy Denim
While the situations and premise of this book were the same comforts provided by most all Harlequin American romance I appreciated how the author used a different take on the secret baby. I liked that the young girl in this story was deaf. The author does a great job of describing ASL, and I found myself trying out the descriptions with my own hands to see if I could make the signs she described.
This is a fun read.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: American Romance's Men of the West

"Oh, such a heart warming story. ... is a wonderful story and I quite enjoyed it." from a review posted by an eHarlequin.com member, to read more go here.
Jun 29, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it!! I loved everything about it! The ending was perfect. I did't know at first how he was going to take having a def daughter, but he owned up to it as soon as he got through to his daughters stubborn aunt. A great read and an amazing father daugher story.
Jessy
Feb 13, 2012 Jessy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lovely touching story! An easy and quick read but sweet none the less :o)
Melissa
Nov 25, 2012 Melissa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-romance
A tightly written story that flows by fast.
Rebecca
Apr 21, 2011 Rebecca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pending review at The Romance Reviews.
Paloma Beck
Apr 04, 2012 Paloma Beck rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pending review at The Romance Reviews.
Betty
Betty rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2016
Iluvromance814
Iluvromance814 marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2015
Tima
Tima marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2015
Tiana
Tiana added it
Dec 12, 2015
Lorelei Frank
Lorelei Frank marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2015
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2015
Rhonda L.
Rhonda L. marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2015
J
J marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2015
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2015
Ken &
Ken & added it
Oct 04, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2015
Kathryn T
Kathryn T marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Hi, and thanks for stopping by to read a little about me and my books. I love chocolate, cowboys, romance, and reading--and, of course, my DH (dear husband). ;) Exercise and housework...not so much.

I write short contemporary small-town romance for Harlequin Books and Entangled Press, usually with kids, quirky characters, and a touch of humor.

My latest Harlequin series is called The Hitching Post
More about Barbara White Daille...

American Romance's Men of the West (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Colorado Cowboy (Harlequin American Romance)
  • Roughneck Cowboy (Cartwright Siblings, #4)
  • The Comeback Cowboy
  • My Favorite Cowboy
  • The Maverick's Reward
  • The Texan and the Cowgirl
  • Last Chance Cowboy (Mustang Valley #1)
  • Montana Sheriff (American Romance's Men of the West, #9)
  • Rancher and Protector