Start by marking “A Requiem for Love (Symphony Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Requiem for Love (Symphony Trilogy, #1)

A Requiem for Love (Symphony Trilogy #1)

The first volume of his new Symphony trilogy retells the Genesis story. Miller's poetic pen plays off the images of light and darkness evoking a poignant picture of the love of power and the power of love. Original drawings and distinctive page styling make the book itself a work of art from cover to cover. (Word)
Published May 1st 1989 by W Publishing Group (first published April 1989)

To ask other readers questions about A Requiem for Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Requiem for Love

Jessiqua Wittman
Jun 23, 2012 Jessiqua Wittman rated it it was amazing
This is one of my most treasured books on my bookshelf. I have read it numerous times and its beauty just doesn't wear out. Several lines of its poetry are seared in my memory because they were just that profound and meaningful to the stage of life I was in. It's sad that we don't see this book around much anymore. The story is truly beautiful and the quiet lesson on faithfulness contained within is timeless. I quoted several lines of Calvin Miller's wisdom in my own book, and have many more in ...more
Meredith Burton
Jan 11, 2010 Meredith Burton rated it it was amazing
I have recently discovered this magnificent author. Calvin Miller is a master at weaving biblical truths into compelling allegorical narratives. His use of poetry is astounding. This book is a prequel to his classic, "The Singer Trilogy."
"A Requiem for Love" relates the Fall of Man into sin, (found in Genesis Chapters 2-3), and delves into the relationship between Regious, (Adam), Regina, (Eve), Father or Earth-Maker, and Slythe, (Satan or the Serpent). Miller does not shy away from the often er
Matt Adams
Jan 27, 2014 Matt Adams rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian, fantasy
Too often, the depth of a classic story tends to wear off in time. Eventually it's very mention brings thoughts like "Oh, I know how this story goes, I've heard it countless times." and you just kind of dismiss the importance of it. For me, Calvin Miller's books have a way of reminding you.

This book is about the story of Regis and Regina (essentially Adam and Eve) and how they fell to temptation. Honestly....Romeo and Juliet have NOTHING on this. THIS is a tragic love story.

This couple had real
dthaase
Jul 01, 2008 dthaase rated it it was amazing
A very quick and engaging read recapturing the danger of hate and the emergence of sin. Miller retells the story of the garden of Eden using poetry, metaphor and a newly imagined cast of characters.

From the inside flap of the dust jacket:
"A story of fallen love, of impossible dreams and ancient longings, of frustrated ambition and a love so strong that it endures forever. The terse, often startling narrative of this book continues in the tradition of Miller's perennially popular "Singer" trilogy
Ira Livingston
Apr 01, 2016 Ira Livingston rated it really liked it
Not as good as "The Singer" another of his book, but uses the same poetry format to tell the story of God, Adam, Eve, Satan and the Garden of Eden.

Still very good, just didn't surprise me like the Singer did which I recommend to everyone.
Sam Lonberg
May 29, 2012 Sam Lonberg rated it liked it
Not as good as the Singer Trilogy, but still solid over-all.
Regina
Jan 20, 2013 Regina rated it really liked it
Beautiful!
Quirkyreader
Quirkyreader rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2015
Ali
Ali rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2013
Philip
Philip rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2009
Lou Alice
Lou Alice rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2012
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
Dec 15, 2010
Fantasyluver77
Fantasyluver77 rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2012
Amber
Amber rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2012
Dale Cockayne
Dale Cockayne rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2014
Mark
Mark rated it it was ok
Mar 23, 2008
Debra Davidson
Debra Davidson rated it it was ok
Nov 16, 2012
Wendy
Wendy rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2009
Jeremy
Jeremy rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2012
Ll
Ll rated it it was ok
Nov 24, 2012
Andrea
Andrea rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2013
Cris
Cris rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2015
Enoch
Enoch rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2010
Mark Lacy
Mark Lacy rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2014
Gregg Parker
Gregg Parker rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2011
Shelby
Shelby rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2010
David
David rated it liked it
Nov 14, 2012
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2013
Jonathan Bundon
Jonathan Bundon rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Evidence That Demands a Verdict, 2
  • John Wesley: A Biography
  • C.S. Lewis on Joy
  • The Temple: The Poetry of George Herbert
  • The Man Born to Be King: A Play-Cycle on the Life of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ
  • The Battle for the Beginning
  • Something More : In Search of a Deeper Faith
  • Out of the Saltshaker: Evangelism as a Way of Life Journal
  • Here and Now: Living in the Spirit
  • Ordering Your Private World
  • Der Fuehrer: Hitler's Rise To Power
  • The Quiet Little Woman: Tilly's Christmas, Rosa's Tale : Three Enchanting Christmas Stories
  • Lest Innocent Blood Be Shed
  • The Book of God
  • Bible History: Old Testament
  • When the Darkness Will Not Lift: Doing What We Can While We Wait for God--And Joy
  • John

Calvin Miller has written over 40 books of popular theology and inspiration. A former pastor, he is professor of preaching and pastoral ministry at Beeson Divinity School in Birmingham, Alabama. He and his wife, Joyce, have two grown children.
More about Calvin Miller...

Symphony Trilogy (3 books)
  • A Symphony in Sand (Symphony Trilogy, #2)
  • An Overture of Light (Symphony Trilogy, #3)