Start by marking “Tasha Tudor Book of Fairy Tales” as Want to Read:
Tasha Tudor Book of Fairy Tales

Tasha Tudor Book of Fairy Tales

Published March 1st 1978 by Grosset & Dunlap (first published 1961)

To ask other readers questions about Tasha Tudor Book of Fairy Tales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tasha Tudor Book of Fairy Tales

Mary Catelli
A collection, mostly of the most popular ones. The illustrations are, of course, Tasha Tudor charming -- I remembered them at a glance.
Robert
Jul 08, 2010 Robert rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Robert by: flowers22
As I cleared out the massive amounts of books, I came across this. I am rather certain it was int he boxes from my sister. This is a collection of 12 classic fairy tales. There is nothing remarkable about this, but it is a classic anthology. For that, it is worthy of my praise.

Nine of the tales were quite familiar to me. Three, however, were new to me: Mr. Samson Cat, The Flying Trunk, and Mr. Bun. Mr. Bun was the most humorous, but all were fine.

Little Red Riding Hood was the original tale, wh
Kara
Jan 13, 2012 Kara rated it liked it
Shelves: ft-treasury

The collection was just ok. “Bland” and “average” also come to mind to describe the text and illustrations, which was disappointing because Tasha Tudor was usually so good at recreating whole worlds with her delicate drawings.

Her illustrations of Little Women looked like Civil War era New England, her illustrations of the Secret Garden looked like Edwardian era northern England, her illustrations of a Little Princess recreated Victorian London, etc.

So here she does a so-so job creating a fairy
Emily Farnschlader
This book is filled with all of the classic fairy tales that people have been reading for many decades. This book includes: sleeping Beauty, Rumpelstiltskin, The Valiant Tailor, Rapunzel, Thumbelina, Jack and the Beanstalk, Red Riding Hood, Cinderella, plus more. These fairy tales all have a moral that is learned by the end.
These fairy tales are fun for students to listen to and gives them a break from the normal types of stories that they get to read. After reading one of the fairy tales, th
Anna
May 05, 2013 Anna rated it liked it
Fifteen short fairy tales, "selected, edited and illustrated" by Tasha Tudor. Most were familiar to me, but a couple were new to me and that was neat. While I don't think this collection is notable in terms of story content, it is worth checking out for the gorgeous illustrations. I love her style - that is really why I picked up the book in the first place. 3.5 stars.
Patricia
Jun 15, 2011 Patricia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Published in 1969, this is one of my treasured possessions from my childhood. I read it many times as a child, and I'm reading it again to my children now. It is so lovely! It makes me happy to share it with my babies. I've already warned Timo and Emma not to even CONSIDER keeping this book when they leave home. I suppose I'll need to bequeath it in my will...
Ellen Allerton
Nov 08, 2014 Ellen Allerton rated it it was amazing
My favorite childhood book of Fairy Tales. A gift from my english teacher grandmother. It tells the original Fairy Tale, not the Disney version, and lends itself to great conversations about the difference between the original version and Disney's through the text and the beautiful, un Disney like, illustrations of Tasha Tudor.
Mar 31, 2012 Laura rated it it was amazing
This was one of my most favorite children books, and helped me fall in love with books for life. This book is one of my all-time favorites not because of the classic stories included, but because of the sumptuous illustrations by Tudor. Both ethereal and haunting, Tudor's illustrations bring all stories in this collection to life.
SmarterLilac
Nov 23, 2013 SmarterLilac rated it liked it
A book of fairy tales I read as a child, happily rediscovered while searching for books for a new baby in the family. Good, with nice illustrations, everything a classic book of fairy tales should be.
Jaime
I grew up loving Tasha Tudor's books. Her illustrations were so lovely and soft. And I was enchanted that her given name was really Starling! I was saddened to learn of her death this past year (6/08). She was something of an institution, wasn't she?
Linda
Jun 25, 2008 Linda rated it really liked it
Tasha Tudor, the renowned picture book artist, collected and illustrated this charming book of classic fairy tales. Stories from Andersen, Perrault and Grimm are included in the collection. Tasha Tudor's lovely illustrations capture the charm and romance of each tale.
Katie
Feb 15, 2008 Katie rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
The pictures are beautiful, of course!
battie
Feb 02, 2011 battie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-lit
I've owned this book since I was about 3 years old and saved it for my daughter who loves it just as much as I did. I love Tudors illustrations and her gentle way of story telling.
CLM
I think this was my first book of fairy tales, and a lovely book, although not as user friendly to a new reader as others.
Meltha
Jan 12, 2009 Meltha rated it it was amazing
Shelves: myth, picturebooks
I almost forgot this one! I had it when I was a little girl, and the illustrations were incredibly beautiful. This is one every kid should have.
Girly
Jul 07, 2007 Girly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-childhood
One of my favorites as a kid.
Faye
Jun 14, 2013 Faye rated it really liked it
Very good introduction to fairy tales for very young readers.
Slytheringirl
A simply gorgeously illustrated book! I've had this book since childhood & I still love it.
Liz
Jan 29, 2008 Liz rated it it was amazing
A beauty of a book that i have had since I was 6 or so. Definitely traditional, but also with Tasha's trademark softness.
Jasmin
Jasmin rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2012
Q. Beatrice
Q. Beatrice rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2013
Suzanne
Suzanne rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2011
Missvickymejias Mejias
Missvickymejias Mejias rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2008
Belinda
Belinda rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2008
RDEROSSETT
RDEROSSETT rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2015
Sue
Sue rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2016
Shawnea'
Nov 03, 2013 Shawnea' rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fairytale-fable
Most beautiful book of fairy tales ever.
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2009
Janet
Janet rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2015
Tasha Nighman
Tasha Nighman rated it it was amazing
Oct 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Bravest Squirrel in the Forest (The Bravest Squirrel, #2)
  • Rescue Ferrets at Sea (The Ferret Chronicles, #2)
  • The Giants and the Joneses
  • Puppy Sister
  • No Fighting, No Biting!
  • The World's Best Fairy Tales
  • Encyclopedia Prehistorica Mega-Beasts Pop-Up
  • Jenny and the Cat Club: A Collection of Favorite Stories about Jenny Linsky
  • The Snow Princess
  • Stories from Around the World
Tasha Tudor was an American illustrator and author of children's books.
More about Tasha Tudor...