Start by marking “Addicted to You (One Night of Passion, #1)” as Want to Read:
Addicted to You (One Night of Passion, #1)

Addicted to You (One Night of Passion #1)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  2,266 ratings  ·  142 reviews
Once, film director Rill Pierce's raw sexuality and sultry Irish accent made women weak with desire. But a tragedy has left him barely recognizable. Leave it to Katie Hughes, his best friend's sister, to bring him back to life with her own pent-up passions. But will Rill's insatiable attraction to Katie heal his pain-or just feed the darkness within him?

"You'll be addicted
Published June 7th 2011 by Berkley (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Addicted to You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Addicted to You

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesBared to You by Sylvia DayFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesBackstage Pass by Olivia CunningFifty Shades Freed by E.L. James
Best Dirty Talk
179th out of 497 books — 818 voters
Smooth Talking Stranger by Lisa KleypasNobody's Baby But Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsFifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesThe Marriage Bargain by Jennifer ProbstPerfection by R.L. Mathewson
Unexpected Pregnancies and Single Moms
100th out of 240 books — 328 voters

More lists with this book...

Auntee
Jun 03, 2011 Auntee rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of erotic romance
I'm a pretty big fan of Beth Kery/Bethany Kane's writing, and I've been eager to see if she could top (or equal) my favorite book of hers, Daring Time. With Addicted To You she comes close, but I'm afraid I had too many issues with the hero and he didn't totally win me over until late in the book for me to rank this one as a favorite.

The basics:
Ruggedly handsome 36-year-old Rill Pierce is a famous Hollywood screenwriter/director. He came to the US from Ireland at the age of 19 to attend UCLA. Th
Michele ~ la Smoocherina
As reviewed for Read Our Lips Book Blogt

After reading two works by Bethany Kane’s alter-ego Beth Kery, I was very excited to explore her works under this nom de plume. I’ve often found that when a favorite author writes under two pen names, each name seems to take on a different writing personality. Addicted to You is a great example of this.

While I’d never describe writings under Beth Kery as “light-hearted”, Addicted to You had a darker, more sultry mood about it. Most of this is due
Maldivianbookreviewer
Addicted to You by Bethany Kane is one of those titles that I stumbled upon quite accidentally whilst hopping through Twitter. Upon seeing the cover I was tempted and seeing the "friends-to-lovers" tag scream at me, I was sold and within minutes I pushed everything else aside and loaded up with this delectable piece of erotic contemporary romance, I let myself be swept away on the heady journey filled with all sorts of body tingling moments towards Rill and Katie's happily ever after.

36 year old
Kat Morrisey
Rill, Rill, Rill. How much do I love thee?

A whole helluva lot, let me tell you.

This book surprised me. I went in to it thinking it would be good (since it's Bethany Kane, aka Beth Kery after all), but I didn't think it would be THIS good.

I will never be a doubter again. Lesson learned.

Why did I like this book so much? That's an easy answer: the story. The character development. The pacing. Oh hell, all of it!

But seriously, character development is important and the author does an excellent j
Mandi Schreiner
Favorite Quote: His already translucent moral conscience vanished into a puff of vapor. She looked like something that ought to be illegal.

His cock agreed wholeheartedly.

Movie writer and director Rill Pierce and Katie Hughes have been friends for a long time. Katie’s brother Everett is actually an actor and has worked with and been best friends with Rill since childhood as well. But when Rill’s wife dies in a car accident, he becomes a broken man. He moves to Vulture’s Canyon, Illinois – a very
Taryn Elliott
Well, I bought this one because I listened to a workshop this author gave with Julie James. I'm soooo glad I gave her a try. For me, it was well worth the higher ticket price as well. Beautifully written and smokin' hot scenes between Rill and Katie.

In fact, I was reading this beside my brother on the train and got a little uncomfortable. I was expecting the story to be sexy, but truly didn't think it would make my damn face flame off.

I'm a sucker for an Irish accent, I admit...but it wasn't ov
Jane Stewart
3 ½ stars. Slightly above average for story. Good for lots of hot sex.

STORY BRIEF:
Rill was a famous Hollywood writer director. His wife died in a car accident 18 months ago. He took off with no destination in mind and ended up in a small town in southern Illinois. He’s been living there as a recluse, not working, and drunk most of the time. Katie and her brother were best friends with Rill for many years. Katie was a tax attorney in Los Angeles. She left her job to visit Rill to help him. She’s
Jennifer Leighton (formerly known as HankLover)
Whew! I was fanning myself with this one, LOL! I started Addicted to You while on the plane ride home from Nashville, and let me tell ya, I think I turned beet red reading this with strangers sitting inches away, lmao!

I'm a historical girl, but I enjoy contemporary if it's in the form of erotica. A bit of a tortured hero thing going on, as Rill can't forgive himself for past mistakes. Also a bit of the forbidden, as Katie is the little sister of his best friend.(and therefore off-limits)

It work
Jill

Typically I don't read erotic romance, as it's usually weighted in favour of the sexfest. Addicted to You is a sexfest and that's to be expected. But what elevates this one above the usual e-rom is the presence of a plot. It's well-written with a good story. The main characters likable and characterisations quite in-depth.

Mahlet
Something about those Irish heroes – they get me every time! :) Addicted To You’s Rill is no exception. This is a friends-to-lovers erotic romance set in a backwoods town, Vulture’s Canyon. Rill is a talented film writer and director who has abandoned his life. He’s been living in isolation in a secluded cabin, depressed and heavily liquored up, ever since his wife’s sudden death. He’s no longer writing and he’s unwilling to interact with the community, save a few meals and store visits to reple ...more
Amber
Came as something of a disappointment to me, just because I saw this hyped. The external conflict was flimsy, though that's not why we read Bethany Kane (aka Beth Kery). It's mostly about the emotional relationship and sexual journey, which in this case dragged. Maybe it's because I've read too many of her books, but I liked the hero and sex scenes in Explosive and some of the other books better.

Katy felt inconsistent to me and I didn't believe in her character arc. (view spoiler)
Monica
So, the first thing you have to understand before even start reading this book is that Rill Pierce is an asshole. A gigantic asshole.

Sometimes, when he treated Katie like crap, I felt a tremendous pull to just clock him right beside the head. My violent instincts were at full force.

And I didn't understand the shit he tried to always convince himself with. He was always like "You're my wife's best friend", "You're my best friend's little sister" and blah,blah,blah... Let's start analyzing this,
Juliette Cen
Ce n'est certes pas un coup de coeur mais c'est une lecture agréable, une romance classique, épicée comme tous les romans sentimentaux contemporains de ces dernières années.

L'histoire est convenue, et par rapport à des héros assez classiques, j'ai presque préféré la galerie de personnages secondaires qui auraient mérité d'être plus présents, comme le fait avec énormément de talent Kristan Higgins.

J'ai d'ailleurs été surprise par la longueur du roman, car il ne se passe pas grand chose, et la psy
Carisa
Weak but entertaining story, excellent steamy scenes and I really liked author’s style.
HERO type is a Performer, a film director who retreated to a small town after his wife died in an accident, and is drowning his pain in alcohol until his best friend’s younger sister comes to rescue him.
SCENES/CONTENT: several/erotic
GENRE/TONE: contemporary/drama
LENGTH: 250 pages
Stephanie
Nov 07, 2012 Stephanie marked it as to-read-don-t-own-yet  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: june-release, 2011
I really want to read this book and the others that follow, but I refuse to pay $13 for an EBOOK!!!! Penguin you have just priced yourself out of a reader!!!

I can get it in PB for $10.20, but on principal not going to buy. Sorry Ms. Kery I do love your writing, but I just cannot pay $13 for an ebook...
Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* .
Jul 05, 2012 Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* . rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Contemporary-romance, erotica readers
Recommended to Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* by: Fifty Shades Support Group
4.5 stars!

SERIOUSLY?!? Rill and Katie give new meaning to the word “multiples”! Im totally impressed!

The Rundown:
Sultry Irish film director, Rill Peirce, has thrown himself into seclusion after his wife’s death and has become a drunken recluse for the past 18 months. Barely able to leave his dilapidated house for more than food and alcohol, he’s known around town as the grouch who lives on the hill.

Tax attorney Katie Hughes has decided Rill has been in hiding long enough. Her long time crush f
★Ruth★
Feb 13, 2013 ★Ruth★ marked it as dnf
Shelves: dual-pov, bad-boy
DNF :(
I couldn't connect to the characters and couldn't care less if they got together or not which I'm sure inevitably they will.
I just found it very cliche and have read so much better.
There are just too many good books out there waiting for me to read them.
I didn't even get to the swing :(
 ~V~
A very hot and sexy erotic contemporary romance! This was my first book by Bethany Kane (aka Beth Kery) but it most certainly will not be my last.
Sibylla Matilde
Loved it...soooooooo very hot in a semi-vanilla kind of way. The pantry, and the swing, and the AP.... oooooomph....
Yvonne
Well I was in the mood for Blazing hot book with real emotion and this one delivered!
Book Binge
Rill’s wife died 2 years ago and since then he’s been holed up in Vulture’s Canyon, Illinois. He’s been drinking himself silly and generally being a hermit while he deals with his own thoughts.

Katie Hughes shows up in Vulture’s Canyon for many different reasons – the main one to try and “help” or “save” Rill from this black hole he’s in. She’s also trying to find a bit of herself as the life she’s living isn’t one that’s making her happy. Besides that – she’s been in love with Rill for years but
Julie Doner
Let me first start off by saying I LOVED Addicted to You! From the opening pages, I was hooked. The descriptions are wonderfully vivid, the characters are brilliant and brought to life through flawless dialogue, there’s an abundance of humour, a heaping helping of erotica, and a heart-warming, impossibly addictive love story at its root.

Rill Pierce. You’ll fall in love with the man before you even get a chance to know him. He’s an Irishman (points for that), with sexy, rugged looks (more points)
Marisa
With characters that have great chemistry and pull you in from the first, Addicted to You has a contemporary voice, plenty of angst and strong story line.

The magic of this book happens on many fronts. First, Ms. Kane is a great story teller. Her ability to write both prose and dialogue that immediately capture the essence of an angst ridden drunken Irish film maker, a hopeful woman in love, the sleepy mining town of Vulture's Canyon as well as the characters who live there is quite remarkable.
Lindy
If you love sexually intense heroes (and I definitely do), you're going to love this book. Rill is full of self loathing and in other books I've read that tended to get tiresome after a while, but in 'Addicted To You', it fits and his reasoning is explained sufficiently. His deep depression is justified too, and I applauded Katie for not giving up even when he repeatedly pushed her away. At the same time, she wasn't spineless, which I appreciate in a heroine. The characters were likeable and int ...more
Has
I recently read a book with a similar premise to Addicted to you with a grumpy/damaged hero which has the heroine kicking his arse to next Sunday to wake up from his funk. Addicted to You, was a hot, sexy and an emotional read. The romance between Katie and Rill was full on sexual tension that hits high on the temperature front and the love scenes, were some of the hottest I've read in a long while. I also loved the small town setting with the quirky and colourful cast of supporting characters. ...more
Tam
I found and started this book because I wanted to read something with the reunited lovers or unrequited love type of theme. Particularly I wanted a childhood crush that is realized in adulthood, and that is sort of what happens here.

This book didn't go where I thought it would and it didn't have the tone I was looking for. This story is darker but a little deeper than I expected.

I enjoyed reading about the relationship developments of these two characters as well as their own personal journeys
Gemma
Check out my blog http://gemmareadstoomuchforittomenorm...

Addicted to You By Bethany Kane.

Blurb - All it takes is a moment for your life to change—one night of desire to make you feel alive…

Irish film director Rill Pierce fled to the tiny, backwoods town of Vulture’s Canyon, seeking sanctuary and solitude after a devastating tragedy. Once, his raw sex appeal and sultry Irish accent made women across the globe swoon. Now, he’s barely recognizable…

But Katie Hughes, his best friend’s sister, is not
Julia
4.5 stars - It was a very good book. I loved it. I felt it was a slow start at first but the Author was developing story line and characters. It also didn't help that I was in a book hangover from my previous read.
Sex scenes were very HOT. I will never look at a tree swing the same way again!!!

Love Love Love Love Beth Kery's / Bethany Kane's style of writing! very talented author.
Pupottina

Nella tana del lupo famelico

La cara Beth Kery ha uno stile che si rinnova e ha scelto di approfondire aspetti della nostra vita contemporanea degni di significato. Il suo interesse per i vari aspetti della vita viene sapientemente narrato nei sui romanzi dove tutto può diventare possibile, anche salvare un’anima tormentata e resa “dannata” dalle avversità della vita.
La protagonista femminile è Katie che nasconde, però, non è limpida come sembra. Anche lei ha un segreto: il suo atteggiamento nei
Lisa
mehhhhhhhhh can't connect to the characters. 80% of the time i feel like shooting Rill in the head.

photo stmkillme.gif
Liked the book 1 8 Oct 03, 2013 11:33AM
Isn't this book already out? 5 30 Jun 15, 2013 07:16PM
Fifty Shades Supp...: July BotM 20 223 Jul 27, 2012 08:58PM
  • Exposed to You (One Night Of Passion, #2)
  • Heart Signs
  • The Reluctant Nude
  • A Lesson in Temptation (Stanton Family, #4)
  • Dare Me
  • A Fine Specimen
  • Flash Point  (Holding Out For a Hero, #3)
  • A Very Sinful Valentine
  • Bad Girl by Night (H.O.T. Cops, #1)
  • Don't Call Her Angel
  • Hot in Here
  • Something to Talk about
Bethany Kane is Beth Kery’s alter ego.

Beth Kery’ll be writing a series for Berkley called One Night of Passion, involving lovers from a connection of friends and family. The common thread is that each book starts out with an impulsive, steamy one night stand. Of course a lifetime of love follows, but each couple has some struggles to go from one night to true love forever. Part of that news is tha
More about Bethany Kane...

One Night of Passion (3 books)
  • Exposed to You (One Night Of Passion, #2)
  • Only for You