Start by marking “Quick Fixes - tales of Repairman Jack” as Want to Read:
Quick Fixes - tales of Repairman Jack

Quick Fixes - tales of Repairman Jack (Repairman Jack stories)

Who do the world’s most exciting authors turn to when they need a shot of adrenaline? F. Paul Wilson’s Repairman Jack!
"One of the all-time great characters in one of the all-time great series." — Lee Child

“Repairman Jack is one of my favorite characters—I’m full of happy anticipation every time I hold a new RJ novel in my hands.” — Charlaine Harris, creator of True Blood
Published (first published April 20th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Quick Fixes - tales of Repairman Jack, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quick Fixes - tales of Repairman Jack

T.L.
Jan 19, 2016 T.L. rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I had been meaning to read a Repairman Jack novel, but had trouble finding any in the used bookstore. I came across Quick Fixes for my Kindle and downloading it as an introduction of sorts. Every story is a winner. Now I plan on seeking out the novels.
Randy
May 08, 2011 Randy rated it it was amazing
All the Repairman Jack short fiction collected together for the first time. A couple I'd read, some were integrated into some of the novels, but most were new to me. One or two were previously only available in low print runs.

A big fan of the series? These are essential reading then.
Chris P.
Apr 28, 2011 Chris P. rated it it was amazing
A Day In The Life – Jack finds a way to kill three birds with one stone.

The Last Rakoshi- Pretty much a sequel to The Tomb. This short story was incorporated into book #4 of the Repairman Jack series, All The Rage.

Home Repairs- Jack is hired to fix a domestic violence situation, but the customer gets more than he bargained for. This short story was incorporated into book #3 of the Repairman Jack series, Conspiracies

The Long Way Home- Jack’s worst fear comes true when he gets involved in a robbe
Bryan457
My favorite parts of the repairman Jack series have always been his "fixes." The only way this could be better would be if it included all the "fixes" from all the books. There were some new ones here that I hadn't seen before.
A Day In The Life - New to me and quite good.

The Last Rakoshi - Read in "All the Rage;" it's ok, but no real fixes.

Home Repairs - Read in "Conspiracies," and enjoyed it.

The Long Way Home - New to me. I enjoyed it, even though it also is not really about a "fix." Jack's wor
Charles  van Buren
May 08, 2016 Charles van Buren rated it it was amazing
Jack, a libertarian/anarchist urban mercenary

This volume consists of nine repairman Jack stories. One of the stories features a supernatural demon/monster. The others feature human villains, some of whom make the monster look good. The urban mercenary Jack, with no military, law enforcement or any other kind of special training is a little hard to believe. However, the story Piney Power, drops a broad hint that there may be something very special about Jack which has helped him become so success
Mike

This book collects all the short fiction concerning "Repairman Jack" one of the first urban heroes. Jack lives in a world that is both magical and mundane. He fights enemies both natural and supernatural. He also fights his own nature. Jack is driven and prone to fits of murderous rage. Most of the time this rage is aimed at the murderers, extortionists and other monsters he chases. Sometimes he fights this anger in the midst of everyday situations. One thing that Jack does excel in however is a

Laurel Heidtman
Aug 12, 2015 Laurel Heidtman rated it really liked it
I tend to prefer full-length novels, but occasionally I'll read short story collections. They make for a nice break between longer and often intense novels--kind of a way to cleanse my reader's palate! :-) Anyway, I've read a couple of the Jack novels and really like the character so thought I'd give Quick Fixes a try. I found I really enjoyed the stories. I think my favorite may be the last one that features the young Jack--or maybe the one where he gets caught by the police--or maybe--oh, forg ...more
Leigh
Jan 30, 2015 Leigh rated it really liked it
Nice little collection of Repairman Jack short stories that were previously published in other anthologies, limited edition runs or written specifically for certain conventions. Yes, they are available elsewhere, but this saves hunting down and buying specific anthologies just for that one short story.

Plus, rather pathetically, it filled in that 'no more Repairman Jack' gaping hole, just for a little while.
Michael Twist
Nov 29, 2013 Michael Twist rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the versatility and anonymity Jack enjoyed as a man for hire when it came to matters of vengeance or retribution. Jack comes out on top in a variety of situations that test his considerable skills. Wilson rarely makes anything easy for Jack, which, of course, is what makes the stories so intriguing. The most compelling story of the collection of shorts would undoubtedly be 'Recalled.'
Ken
Apr 16, 2012 Ken rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller, e-books
If you've read Repairman Jack novels before, then you know what to expect. I had actually purchased this a while back, but put it off because it was the last of these stories I had yet to read. I wanted to save some Repairman Jack for a later date. I eventually decided to read it, enjoying it greatly. Fast paced action, creative solutions - everything you've come to love.
Beth
Jan 17, 2016 Beth rated it really liked it
A few short stories about Repairman Jack. F. Paul Wilson incorporated a few of these into his RJ novels, but some were entirely new to me. Whether you're a fan of Jack or not, and regardless of whether you've read the novels, these are great stand-alone stories about the man with a plan, the guy who can get things done. Very, very good!
Ed
Aug 13, 2012 Ed rated it it was amazing
The majority of Jack fans will recognize most, if not all, of these stories. The first story, "A Day in a Life," was the one I read in a collection of short stories that hooked me on the Jack novels. All of these are well written and it was good to stroll down memory lane on some of Jack's adventures.
Katy
Apr 13, 2014 Katy added it
Shelves: read-2014
More hard-boiled action thriller stories. This was recommended to me as a good way to see if I'd like the series as a whole. I liked the later stories in the anthology "Interlude at Duane's" (for the sheer frenetic search for useful tools in the drugstore) and "Piney Power" (for that creepy hint of the paranormal) the best, so I think I'll be keeping my eye out for his later books.
Michael
Jul 26, 2015 Michael rated it it was amazing
Repairman Jack in all his glorious short stories in one!!!!!!!

Jack is the best, and now a chance to read some stories I missed priceless. If your a fan then this is a must read! If you have never heard of or read Repairman Jack this is a great intro before getting his first book and starting the series. A must read.......
Sharon
Oct 17, 2015 Sharon rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed these short looks into Repairman Jack's world. These stories, collected from other anthologies, are a must for Repairman Jack fans. If you are unfamiliar with him, this is a great way to meet him!
Swanbender2001
Jul 26, 2015 Swanbender2001 rated it it was amazing
There are so many books out in the world with so many characters, I was not aware I was missing out when I came upon this title starting with a Q for my alphabet challenge this year. Lucky me, I enjoyed this group of short stories and love the Jack character. Another 'bad' guy doing good.
Carol and Gary Curtis
Jul 30, 2015 Carol and Gary Curtis rated it liked it
Shelves: gary-has-read
I'm not really a fan of short stories. I much prefer a full book with pages to develop characters and plot. This collection started off interesting enough but by the end stories, I was looking to finish the book and didn't enjoy them much. I'm sure others will find them to be better.
Darin
May 21, 2013 Darin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, own
Each of the stories is related to Jack being hired to solve someone's problems, much like the earlier books. In fact, some version of three of the stories appeared later in the books. I like these better than the 'Fight for the Universe' theme that the later books focus on.
Nancy
Jul 23, 2011 Nancy rated it it was ok
just filling in the blanks..
Daniel
Dec 19, 2014 Daniel rated it really liked it
The stories are good, but I was very disappointed to find all but one story were published in other Repairman Jack books or collections from the author.
Mary Ann Von Aschen
Apr 20, 2015 Mary Ann Von Aschen rated it it was amazing
Louis
Jul 05, 2016 Louis rated it it was amazing
Excellent

Repairman Jack, must read the entire collection. Great escape and you get to love all characters, well at least friends of Jack.
Rob
Oct 01, 2011 Rob rated it it was amazing
Loves me some F. Paul Wilson, loves me some Repairman Jack even more. Possibly my favorite series of all time, and I'm not even done with them all yet. His other works are amazing as well.
Holly
Aug 30, 2015 Holly rated it really liked it
Very Good!

I had never read any of his books or short stories . I never like to read short stories because they always end leaving you wanting for more.
Ron Judenberg
Mar 01, 2016 Ron Judenberg rated it it was amazing
read
Jonathan Senior
Dec 28, 2015 Jonathan Senior rated it liked it
Got to love short stories about Repairman Jack!!!
Kevin Lucia
Jul 04, 2012 Kevin Lucia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really great collection. Some of these you'll recognize...they've morphed into novels...but some other great stuff, too. Best two stories: "Recalled", and "Piney Power"...
Jeff J.
Sep 15, 2013 Jeff J. rated it really liked it
The collected short stories featuring series regular Repairman Jack. While the stories don't advance the storylines in any way, perhaps appropriately, they are still fun and worthwhile to read.
Blogbaas Van 'tVliegend Eiland
Jun 12, 2014 Blogbaas Van 'tVliegend Eiland rated it really liked it
8/10
Delana
Jun 18, 2013 Delana rated it it was amazing
I love, love, love Repairman Jack!
  • Circus: Fantasy Under the Big Top
  • Bury The Children In The Yard
  • Thinning the Predators
  • Dark Detectives: An Anthology of Supernatural Mysteries
  • Suckers
  • Two Hundred and Twenty-One Baker Streets: An Anthology of Holmesian Tales Across Time and Space
  • Fantastic Orgy
  • The Call of Cthulhu and Other Dark Tales
  • Weird Detectives: Recent Investigations
  • The Monster's Corner: Stories Through Inhuman Eyes
  • Yesterday's Hero (Arthur Wallace, #2)
  • The Best of Robert E. Howard: Crimson Shadows (Volume 1)
  • Murder on the First Day of Christmas (Chloe Carstairs, #1)
  • The Sinister Mr. Corpse
  • Glimpses: The Best Short Stories of Rick Hautala
  • Countdown (Joe Ledger #0.5)
  • The Wicked
  • Future Lovecraft
20561
Francis Paul Wilson is an author, born in Jersey City, New Jersey. He writes novels and short stories primarily in the science fiction and horror genres. His debut novel was Healer (1976). Wilson is also a part-time practicing family physician. He made his first sales in 1970 to Analog and continued to write science fiction throughout the seventies. In 1981 he ventured into the horror genre with t ...more
More about F. Paul Wilson...

Repairman Jack (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • The Tomb (Repairman Jack, #1; Adversary Cycle, #2; The Secret History of the World)
  • Legacies  (Repairman Jack, #2)
  • Conspiracies (Repairman Jack, #3)
  • All the Rage (Repairman Jack, #4)
  • Hosts (Repairman Jack, #5)
  • The Haunted Air (Repairman Jack, #6)
  • Gateways (Repairman Jack, #7)
  • Crisscross (Repairman Jack, #8)
  • Infernal (Repairman Jack, #9)
  • Harbingers (Repairman Jack, #10)