Quick Fixes - tales of Repairman Jack

Quick Fixes - tales of Repairman Jack (Repairman Jack stories)

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  304 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Finally! All the Repairman Jack short fiction - many hard to find, one nigh impossible - collected for the first time.

QUICK FIXES includes:
"Interlude at Duane’s"
"Do-Gooder"
"Recalled"
"Piney Power"
plus author introductions to each story

"One of the all-time great characters in one of the all-tim...more
Published (first published April 20th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Quick Fixes - tales of Repairman Jack, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quick Fixes - tales of Repairman Jack

Randy
All the Repairman Jack short fiction collected together for the first time. A couple I'd read, some were integrated into some of the novels, but most were new to me. One or two were previously only available in low print runs.

A big fan of the series? These are essential reading then.
Bryan457
My favorite parts of the repairman Jack series have always been his "fixes." The only way this could be better would be if it included all the "fixes" from all the books. There were some new ones here that I hadn't seen before.
A Day In The Life - New to me and quite good.

The Last Rakoshi - Read in "All the Rage;" it's ok, but no real fixes.

Home Repairs - Read in "Conspiracies," and enjoyed it.

The Long Way Home - New to me. I enjoyed it, even though it also is not really about a "fix." Jack's wor...more
Chris P.
A Day In The Life – Jack finds a way to kill three birds with one stone.

The Last Rakoshi- Pretty much a sequel to The Tomb. This short story was incorporated into book #4 of the Repairman Jack series, All The Rage.

Home Repairs- Jack is hired to fix a domestic violence situation, but the customer gets more than he bargained for. This short story was incorporated into book #3 of the Repairman Jack series, Conspiracies

The Long Way Home- Jack’s worst fear comes true when he gets involved in a robbe...more
Mike

This book collects all the short fiction concerning "Repairman Jack" one of the first urban heroes. Jack lives in a world that is both magical and mundane. He fights enemies both natural and supernatural. He also fights his own nature. Jack is driven and prone to fits of murderous rage. Most of the time this rage is aimed at the murderers, extortionists and other monsters he chases. Sometimes he fights this anger in the midst of everyday situations. One thing that Jack does excel in however is a

Katy
May 09, 2014 Katy added it
More hard-boiled action thriller stories. This was recommended to me as a good way to see if I'd like the series as a whole. I liked the later stories in the anthology "Interlude at Duane's" (for the sheer frenetic search for useful tools in the drugstore) and "Piney Power" (for that creepy hint of the paranormal) the best, so I think I'll be keeping my eye out for his later books.
Michael Twist
I enjoyed the versatility and anonymity Jack enjoyed as a man for hire when it came to matters of vengeance or retribution. Jack comes out on top in a variety of situations that test his considerable skills. Wilson rarely makes anything easy for Jack, which, of course, is what makes the stories so intriguing. The most compelling story of the collection of shorts would undoubtedly be 'Recalled.'
Ed
The majority of Jack fans will recognize most, if not all, of these stories. The first story, "A Day in a Life," was the one I read in a collection of short stories that hooked me on the Jack novels. All of these are well written and it was good to stroll down memory lane on some of Jack's adventures.
Darin
Each of the stories is related to Jack being hired to solve someone's problems, much like the earlier books. In fact, some version of three of the stories appeared later in the books. I like these better than the 'Fight for the Universe' theme that the later books focus on.
Cappy
Loves me some F. Paul Wilson, loves me some Repairman Jack even more. Possibly my favorite series of all time, and I'm not even done with them all yet. His other works are amazing as well.
Jeff J.
The collected short stories featuring series regular Repairman Jack. While the stories don't advance the storylines in any way, perhaps appropriately, they are still fun and worthwhile to read.
Kevin Lucia
Really great collection. Some of these you'll recognize...they've morphed into novels...but some other great stuff, too. Best two stories: "Recalled", and "Piney Power"...
Penny
Repairman Jack short stories, some you will find in RJ novels in slightly different form. Don't miss if you are a fan - if not, read the full novels instead.
Chad Huckabaa
Nice little stories get the good stuff in quick. One of my favorite characters :)
Delana
I love, love, love Repairman Jack!
Nancy
just filling in the blanks..
Tom
Tom marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Chris Santoro
Chris Santoro marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
  • Future Lovecraft
  • The Wicked
  • Circus: Fantasy Under the Big Top
  • Murder on the First Day of Christmas
  • Deadly Defiance (Stan Turner, #10)
  • Bullets and Fire
  • The Business of Death (Death Works Trilogy, #1-3)
  • The Book of Cthulhu II
  • The Best of Robert E. Howard: Crimson Shadows (Volume 1)
  • The Secret Files of the Diogenes Club
  • The Psalter
  • Trolley No. 1852
20561
Francis Paul Wilson is an author, born in Jersey City, New Jersey. He writes novels and short stories primarily in the science fiction and horror genres. His debut novel was Healer (1976). Wilson is also a part-time practicing family physician. He made his first sales in 1970 to Analog and continued to write science fiction throughout the seventies. In 1981 he ventured into the horror genre with t...more
More about F. Paul Wilson...
The Keep (Adversary Cycle, #1) The Tomb (Adversary Cycle, #2) (Repairman Jack, #1) Legacies  (Repairman Jack, #2) Conspiracies (Repairman Jack, #3) All the Rage (Repairman Jack, #4)