Little Donkey Close Your Eyes

Little Donkey Close Your Eyes

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Join animals from around the world, including a little monkey, some silly sheep, and an old black cat, as they end their busy days and close their eyes to sleep.
Published September 1st 1995 by HarperCollins Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Little Donkey Close Your Eyes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Donkey Close Your Eyes

Brandi
Another bedtime story from the classic children's author, but not as good as Goodnight Moon.
Bedtime story in rhyme with lino cut prints (I think). We meet various animals at twilight preparing for good night time: a donkey "making faces at the skies", a monkey "throwing coconuts to the skies", and so forth.
Angela
Margaret Wise Brown is another one of our favorite authors. We love all of her stories and also enjoy the beautiful artwork that tells a story within a story.
Amanda
A very cute bedtime book. The illustrations are clear and nice and the text is short and soothing. Worth the read, but not a favorite.
John
Feb 14, 2011 John added it
GREAT choice for preschool storytimes, with the brief text , engaging illustrations
Sofia
I thought it was great because I liked when the monkey was throwing coconuts in the sky.
Suz
Simple story, but beautiful illustrations.
Maren Prestegaard
I love Margaret Wise Brown. This one bounces.
Bri Zabriskie
just another bedtime book.
Thia
Deidra
Deidra added it
Feb 27, 2014
Amanda C
Amanda C marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2013
Sandra Pfeifer
Sandra Pfeifer marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2013
Arlyn
Arlyn added it
Jun 17, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Margaret Wise Brown wrote hundreds of books and stories during her life, but she is best known for Goodnight Moon and The Runaway Bunny. Even though she died nearly 60 years ago, her books still sell very well.

Margaret loved animals. Most of her books have animals as characters in the story. She liked to write books that had a rhythm to them. Sometimes she would put a hard word into the story or p...more
More about Margaret Wise Brown...
Goodnight Moon The Runaway Bunny Big Red Barn Home for a Bunny The Color Kittens (A Little Golden Book)