Start by marking “72 Hours” as Want to Read:
72 Hours

72 Hours

Having survived careers in both the Army and the FBI, Ryan Archer is now content to live a quiet life in a tiny apartment above a surf shop in Santa Cruz, California. He has few possessions and few friends. He works part-time in the little shop downstairs, and spends most of his free hours out on the open water with just his board and the waves. But he is about to be pulle ...more
Published April 13th 2011 by Maroon Road Books

To ask other readers questions about 72 Hours, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 72 Hours

John Podlaski
Sep 16, 2012 John Podlaski rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed my free Kindle version of "72 Hours" and recommend it to anybody interested in reading a wonderful thriller. Mr. Moreton does an excellent job in developing hype and drawing the reader and his characters into what may be an impossible situations - those appearing inescapable. I turned the page quickly, hoping to learn how the characters get out of this fine mess. Instead, the author created a new chapter and moved to a different thread within the story. The break left me anx ...more
Kristina Smith
Jul 02, 2012 Kristina Smith rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-downloads
The premise of this book is chilling. A death row inmate calls a press conference, and instead of telling where the bodies of his victims are buried, he places a $500 million bounty on the head of his sister-in-law, Lindsey. The chaos that ensues as random people try to hunt her down to kill her and her two children within the 72 hours given as the deadline by the psycho in prison makes for a very interesting read. Lindsey and her children, Wyatt and Ramey, are helped to stay alive by former FBI ...more
Jen
Jan 01, 2013 Jen rated it it was ok
Anna Marie
Mar 17, 2013 Anna Marie rated it did not like it
After fluff and nonsense, I wanted a book that would be action-packed and keep me on the edge of my seat. This was the book for that. But the premise is horrifically flawed, and the heroine wouldn't have made it two pages, and... if you're looking for a minor romantic thread, you'll find nary a sign of it, here. This is a man's man writing, and he doesn't consider pandering to the larger reading demographic.

A man in prison is to be executed in 72 hours. He makes a deal: two minutes of air-time o
Miss
Jun 12, 2013 Miss rated it it was ok
Shelves: thriller
I would have been disappointed if I'd had to pay for this book, but considering this was a freebie on my Kindle, it was not so bad. It was also not so good. Spelling and grammatical mistakes aside, the characters were slightly ridiculous.. the lead female character made exceptionally stupid decisions that made me want to tear my hair out.

There was plenty of action and overall enough "what happens next" moments in the storyline to keep me reading however a lot of the main plot development was qu
Carol A Chase
Jun 03, 2017 Carol A Chase rated it it was amazing
Very enjoyable!

I have never read Mr. Moreton before, but in my search for a good mystery/thriller, I came across "72 hours." The book laid out the premise of the story in the opening chapters, but the thrill was the weaving of the story to the end of the book. It was hard to put the book down because I wanted to know what was going to happen next. I will read more of the Ryan Archer stories!
Roger
May 06, 2017 Roger rated it really liked it
First book by this author, found it very good reading and would recommend.
Peggy Dover
Mar 15, 2017 Peggy Dover rated it it was amazing
Riveting!

Suspense is maintained through every page. Each chapter draws the reader deeper into the action. The plot grips the heart and mind. I'm looking forward to more from this author.
Jan Kazimi
Mar 16, 2017 Jan Kazimi rated it it was amazing
Jk

This s a great book
Anyone who likes thrillers this book is right
I hope the next is as good as the first

Rishika S.
Feb 03, 2013 Rishika S. rated it liked it
72 Hours was an extremely fast paced, quick page turning read. I enjoyed the book and always tried to find time to keep returning to it. Although there were some drawbacks to the book, it made a very nice read with the good definitely overshadowing the bad. The good points include an interesting concept, gripping storytelling, action packed sequences and not too many dull moments. My favorite part was the beginning which was unpredictable and instantly gripping. I also loved the action sequences ...more
Indiebookzone
Sep 15, 2012 Indiebookzone rated it really liked it
Ryan Archer may work part-time in a surf shop and enjoy spending most of his free time out on the waves but he’s no beach bum. Before settling down to a slower pace of life, Archer served in the army and then worked for the FBI. He planned to put his previous life of action and danger behind but a voice from his past drags him back in. Archer agrees to protect Lindsay Hammond for 72 hours as threats close in against her from all sides.

72 Hours is a suspenseful thriller from William Casey Moreton
Jeff Laws
Nov 23, 2012 Jeff Laws rated it really liked it
This was a lot better than I was expecting. Good action from start to finish. When a man on death row makes a public announcement for anybody to kill Lindsay for $500 million, all of LA goes nuts for a chance at that kind of money. The FBI decides to go off the books and hire’s an ex agent, Archer to protect Lindsay and her family for 72 hours which is the deadline for Lindsay’s death, when the inmate is to be executed. The action is pretty nonstop, the main characters are great and the introduc ...more
Carol
Nov 06, 2014 Carol rated it it was amazing
What an amazing book, held my interest from the first page to last. I couldn't go to sleep until I knew that Lindsay was okay. I can't imagine the fear of knowing that that you're destine to die with only 72 hours of life ahead of you. With a $500 million dollar bounty on your head where do you hide? Will she and her kids survive and can anyone save them? Where will she go without all of LA knowing where she is?

Just a side note, there are a couple of typos in the very first chapter, don't let th
Jennifer Nichols
Aug 22, 2014 Jennifer Nichols rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fantastic!

Absolutely fantastic!

This is a new author to me and I did not expect such an awesome read! This book needs to be made into a movie. Archer is an awesome character. And the storyline was nothing short of amazing! Then the ending could not have been any more perfect...sort of. :-) William Moreton reminds me of Lee Child and his Reacher books. I will be reading anything by Mr. Moreton that I can get my hands on! This is a must read!!!!
Katrina McBride
Feb 01, 2013 Katrina McBride rated it it was ok
Several complaints about this book. (view spoiler) Premise was interesting but it just didn't work.
Jessica Jaeger
May 08, 2012 Jessica Jaeger rated it really liked it
This seemed to be a long one but I read it from start to finish. It was a good book, despite the typographical errors in the Kindle Edition. It's a suspense novel and I generally don't pick those up but every once in a while,I do enjoy one and I did enjoy this one. It was a bit far fetched, as most mystery/suspense do but enjoyable!
Drew
Sep 24, 2012 Drew rated it really liked it
Well written and engaging 72 hours is a fun thrill ride from start to finish. The story is told from the point of view from several characters which keeps it fresh and interesting despite being a bit predictable. The action keeps coming in this fast paced thrill ride which will keep you at the edge of your seat!
Alan
Jul 20, 2014 Alan rated it it was amazing
having just read this book in a couple of day I'm eager to find another book of the same pace.
this book is well written with good character development.
the book ha a fast pace through most of it and keeps the readers gripped with well described scenes and characters. I'll be keeping my eyes open for another book by this author.
Frank James
Nov 03, 2016 Frank James rated it it was amazing
One of the best stories I have read in a very long time.

I started this not knowing what to expect. I have never heard of the author. Never read any reviews of his books. I was carried into the story immediately. You are turning pages as fast as you can to see what is going to happen next. Good job Mr. Moreton. I will be on the lookout for more Ryan Archer stories.
Debbie
Aug 07, 2015 Debbie rated it liked it
Archer

Lindsay Hammond has a bounty of 500 million dollars put on her head by former brother-in-law, Gaston Dunbar. He is scheduled to die in 72 hours for killing his wife and daughter. This book had some very exciting moments. A host of interesting characters! And a satisfying ending! Read it!
Britney
Dec 25, 2011 Britney rated it really liked it
At first I wasn't for sure I was gonna like it after I found out that it was over 900. Didn't think it was gonna hold my interest, but I was wrong. What a very entertaining thriller. It was well worth alll 900 pages. I found myself reading into the night so I could get to the ending.

Will be looking for other titles by Mr. Moreton to read.
Thea Jones
Dec 01, 2012 Thea Jones rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
Another awesome book for William Casey Moreton. I did find the first few chapter a little unbelievable but it's a book and that it the point of a novel. Otherwise this was another good book with a lot of twist and turns. For anyone that hasn't yet read a William Casey Moreton book I guarantee you won't be disappointed. I haven't read one yet I didn't like.
Neal
Jul 12, 2014 Neal rated it it was amazing
This book had me hooked from the very beginning. I really enjoyed the story and the non-stop action. I will say that the editing could have been better; there were too many typos and missing words. But overall, an excellent book.
Steve
Jun 23, 2012 Steve rated it really liked it
Non stop action. Not quite as polished as a Rollins or Morrison with a few repetitious words but that didn't detract from the action one bit. I'll be adding another W.C. Moreton book to my To Read shelf right away.
Marilyn Groves
Apr 18, 2014 Marilyn Groves rated it liked it
For some reason, this book reminded me of the series '24'. Fast paced, and yes, it's FICTION so there are some unrealistic scenarios. I gave it 3 stars instead of 4 because it went on too long - about 75% of the way through i started skipping pages, but the end tied it up.
judy Bazzetta
Sep 09, 2016 judy Bazzetta rated it it was amazing
Every page was packed with suspenseful scenarios

I was on the edge of my seat the entire time, and did not know how justice would ever prevail. Could not put the book down until the end.
Virginia Hickey
Feb 08, 2015 Virginia Hickey rated it did not like it
Good reading

The story was good, if a little unbelievable.
The author needs a proofreader to eliminate all the misspelled words, missing words at one point in the same sentence Mercury is called.Mercy. Can't you at least get the name right?
Kristine Nino
Aug 30, 2015 Kristine Nino rated it it was amazing
Awesome!!!!

Suspense from beginning to end....it felt like you were there in the middle of everything that was going on.
I would highly recommend this book to anyone who likes to read.
Annie Bailey
Jun 23, 2011 Annie Bailey rated it really liked it
Great read. Full of action, suspense, drama. You name it, the story had it. One twist and turn after the other. The author knows how to grab your attention from the start and hold it till the very last turn of the page. A very well-written story!
virginia snyder
Jul 18, 2014 virginia snyder rated it liked it
Pretty engrossing

Pretty engrossing

kept me interested. did not like how fast he introduced characters in and out so fast.
Don't care for the way it ended,but can't wait for another book.
  • The Edge Of Trust (Team Edge, #1)
  • Gone at Zero Hundred 00:00 (McSwain & Beck #1)
  • Grave Situation (Allan Stanton #1)
  • The Anvil of the Craftsman
  • Absolution (Frank Renzi, #1)
  • Heaven's Rage
  • Wrecker
  • Irrefutable
  • No Such Thing
  • Undetectable (Great Minds Thriller, #2)
  • Ishmael Toffee
  • The Prophet Motive
  • The Savannah Project (Jake Pendleton #1)
  • The Adventure Tournament (The Adventurers, #1)
  • Fraidy Hole
  • Devious: A 9th Circle Prequel Short Story
  • Voodoo Daddy (Virgil Jones Mystery, #1)
  • Sound of Blood

“a woman with the look of someone who had abandoned her dreams the day of her high school graduation.” 0 likes