Start by marking “72 Hours” as Want to Read:
72 Hours

72 Hours

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  356 ratings  ·  60 reviews
Having survived careers in both the Army and the FBI, Ryan Archer is now content to live a quiet life in a tiny apartment above a surf shop in Santa Cruz, California. He has few possessions and few friends. He works part-time in the little shop downstairs, and spends most of his free hours out on the open water with just his board and the waves. But he is about to be pulle ...more
Published April 13th 2011 by Maroon Road Books

To ask other readers questions about 72 Hours, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 72 Hours

John Podlaski
I thoroughly enjoyed my free Kindle version of "72 Hours" and recommend it to anybody interested in reading a wonderful thriller. Mr. Moreton does an excellent job in developing hype and drawing the reader and his characters into what may be an impossible situations - those appearing inescapable. I turned the page quickly, hoping to learn how the characters get out of this fine mess. Instead, the author created a new chapter and moved to a different thread within the story. The break left me anx ...more
Jen
Miss
I would have been disappointed if I'd had to pay for this book, but considering this was a freebie on my Kindle, it was not so bad. It was also not so good. Spelling and grammatical mistakes aside, the characters were slightly ridiculous.. the lead female character made exceptionally stupid decisions that made me want to tear my hair out.

There was plenty of action and overall enough "what happens next" moments in the storyline to keep me reading however a lot of the main plot development was qu
Kristina Smith
The premise of this book is chilling. A death row inmate calls a press conference, and instead of telling where the bodies of his victims are buried, he places a $500 million bounty on the head of his sister-in-law, Lindsey. The chaos that ensues as random people try to hunt her down to kill her and her two children within the 72 hours given as the deadline by the psycho in prison makes for a very interesting read. Lindsey and her children, Wyatt and Ramey, are helped to stay alive by former FBI ...more
Carol
What an amazing book, held my interest from the first page to last. I couldn't go to sleep until I knew that Lindsay was okay. I can't imagine the fear of knowing that that you're destine to die with only 72 hours of life ahead of you. With a $500 million dollar bounty on your head where do you hide? Will she and her kids survive and can anyone save them? Where will she go without all of LA knowing where she is?

Just a side note, there are a couple of typos in the very first chapter, don't let th
Brian Hess
72 hours, Ryan Archer

My first time reading a book by William Casey Moreton, he is a true genius and this book hooked me from the first few chapters. Ryan Archer is a masterful character and I can't wait to read another book from this author. If your looking for a brilliant read I hope you'll spend a few bucks and dive into the drama that is entwined in every page. This was one of my favorite reads of 2015 and I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did. Thanks for the memories!
Indiebookzone
Ryan Archer may work part-time in a surf shop and enjoy spending most of his free time out on the waves but he’s no beach bum. Before settling down to a slower pace of life, Archer served in the army and then worked for the FBI. He planned to put his previous life of action and danger behind but a voice from his past drags him back in. Archer agrees to protect Lindsay Hammond for 72 hours as threats close in against her from all sides.

72 Hours is a suspenseful thriller from William Casey Moreton
Rishika S.
72 Hours was an extremely fast paced, quick page turning read. I enjoyed the book and always tried to find time to keep returning to it. Although there were some drawbacks to the book, it made a very nice read with the good definitely overshadowing the bad. The good points include an interesting concept, gripping storytelling, action packed sequences and not too many dull moments. My favorite part was the beginning which was unpredictable and instantly gripping. I also loved the action sequences ...more
Anna Marie
After fluff and nonsense, I wanted a book that would be action-packed and keep me on the edge of my seat. This was the book for that. But the premise is horrifically flawed, and the heroine wouldn't have made it two pages, and... if you're looking for a minor romantic thread, you'll find nary a sign of it, here. This is a man's man writing, and he doesn't consider pandering to the larger reading demographic.

A man in prison is to be executed in 72 hours. He makes a deal: two minutes of air-time o
Jennifer Nichols
Absolutely fantastic!

Absolutely fantastic!

This is a new author to me and I did not expect such an awesome read! This book needs to be made into a movie. Archer is an awesome character. And the storyline was nothing short of amazing! Then the ending could not have been any more perfect...sort of. :-) William Moreton reminds me of Lee Child and his Reacher books. I will be reading anything by Mr. Moreton that I can get my hands on! This is a must read!!!!
Alan
having just read this book in a couple of day I'm eager to find another book of the same pace.
this book is well written with good character development.
the book ha a fast pace through most of it and keeps the readers gripped with well described scenes and characters. I'll be keeping my eyes open for another book by this author.
Marilyn Groves
For some reason, this book reminded me of the series '24'. Fast paced, and yes, it's FICTION so there are some unrealistic scenarios. I gave it 3 stars instead of 4 because it went on too long - about 75% of the way through i started skipping pages, but the end tied it up.
Virginia Hickey
Good reading

The story was good, if a little unbelievable.
The author needs a proofreader to eliminate all the misspelled words, missing words at one point in the same sentence Mercury is called.Mercy. Can't you at least get the name right?
Sharol Stern
72 hours

This story kept me totally engrossed in what was happening.
I loved how this came to a complete end. Awesome. Could not put down. Each step in left me wondering how it could come to a satisfying ending.
virginia snyder
Pretty engrossing

Pretty engrossing

kept me interested. did not like how fast he introduced characters in and out so fast.
Don't care for the way it ended,but can't wait for another book.
Cheryl Bateman
A good read

This kept me riveted to the end. Good action and suspense. I would definitely read more stories from this author.
Robert2481
Nothing fancy, or subtle, just a good way to kill time. It would be fine in an airport terminal.
Kathi Defranc
Excellent book,I loved the action and all the characters! Definitely ready for more Ryan Archer!
Jeff Laws
This was a lot better than I was expecting. Good action from start to finish. When a man on death row makes a public announcement for anybody to kill Lindsay for $500 million, all of LA goes nuts for a chance at that kind of money. The FBI decides to go off the books and hire’s an ex agent, Archer to protect Lindsay and her family for 72 hours which is the deadline for Lindsay’s death, when the inmate is to be executed. The action is pretty nonstop, the main characters are great and the introduc ...more
Randall Grewe
A thriller that kept wanting more. Good plot and enjoyed the characters.
Trevor
A good quick read action story. Introduces Ryan Archer ex special forces and FBI agent. No in depth back story, but shows that he is force and nothing will stop him. Looking forward to book two.
Pradeep Venkatesh
Good book, but I wanted the ending to be another book. :)
Katrina McBride
Several complaints about this book. (view spoiler) Premise was interesting but it just didn't work.
Thea Jones
Jun 26, 2013 Thea Jones rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Another awesome book for William Casey Moreton. I did find the first few chapter a little unbelievable but it's a book and that it the point of a novel. Otherwise this was another good book with a lot of twist and turns. For anyone that hasn't yet read a William Casey Moreton book I guarantee you won't be disappointed. I haven't read one yet I didn't like.
Britney
At first I wasn't for sure I was gonna like it after I found out that it was over 900. Didn't think it was gonna hold my interest, but I was wrong. What a very entertaining thriller. It was well worth alll 900 pages. I found myself reading into the night so I could get to the ending.

Will be looking for other titles by Mr. Moreton to read.
Jessica Jaeger
This seemed to be a long one but I read it from start to finish. It was a good book, despite the typographical errors in the Kindle Edition. It's a suspense novel and I generally don't pick those up but every once in a while,I do enjoy one and I did enjoy this one. It was a bit far fetched, as most mystery/suspense do but enjoyable!
Cami Neidigh
Easy, quick read.

A quick easy read with enough action to keep it interesting. The ending had a nice twist for the reader to enjoy.
Drew
Well written and engaging 72 hours is a fun thrill ride from start to finish. The story is told from the point of view from several characters which keeps it fresh and interesting despite being a bit predictable. The action keeps coming in this fast paced thrill ride which will keep you at the edge of your seat!
Heidi

This book is an action-packed thrill ride from page one. I generally dread seeing whole pages of narrative, but Moreton's descriptions are so real and engrossing, it plays like a movie in your head. I will definitely read his other books.
Annie Bailey
Great read. Full of action, suspense, drama. You name it, the story had it. One twist and turn after the other. The author knows how to grab your attention from the start and hold it till the very last turn of the page. A very well-written story!
  • The Edge Of Trust (Team Edge, #1)
  • Grave Situation
  • The Devil's Deep
  • Wrecker
  • The Prophet Motive
  • Irrefutable
  • The Savannah Project
  • Disappear
  • Shake Down (Jack Davis Mystery, #1)
  • All for One
  • 65 Below
  • Absolution (Frank Renzi, #1)
  • Encrypted
  • White Jade (The Project, #1)
  • Sweet Dreams
  • Mindbenders
  • Genesis (Mark Taylor, #0)
  • Three Days to Die (Aaron Quinn thriller series #1)
The Stranger Beside You Never Back Down The Search Blind Spot The Prophet (Ryan Archer #2)