Start by marking “Audubon's Mammals: The Quadrupeds of North America” as Want to Read:
Audubon's Mammals: The Quadrupeds of North America

Audubon's Mammals: The Quadrupeds of North America

Featuring both the entire text and the complete series of paintings of John James Audubon's Quadrupeds, 155 full-color art plates in all, this massive volume is a fitting tribute to the great naturalist's last major work.
Published October 30th 2005 by Wellfleet Press

To ask other readers questions about Audubon's Mammals, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Audubon's Mammals

Wetdryvac Wetdryvac
Apr 25, 2015 Wetdryvac Wetdryvac rated it it was amazing
Actually what I read was three books - volumes 1-3 of the same title - at about 500-600 pages each. Very topical read, multiple times, as I was desperately trying to find an out of copyright source for doing a vector conversion of the individual works.

That said, t'was a lovely and relaxing read, and while the pictures are a touch odd - Audubon didn't capture quadrupeds as well as he did birds - it was a grand old read.
Lea
Apr 15, 2011 Lea rated it liked it
The illustrations are the main reason I read this book. I am not up to quadrupeds in the Audubon biography that I am reading, but as I read more about the process, the less I admire the drawings!
William
William rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2012
Greg
Greg rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2013
Priyadharshini
Priyadharshini rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2015
Kest Schwartzman
Dec 21, 2015 Kest Schwartzman rated it really liked it
So excited!!!! I will make more mammals. now.
Andrew
Andrew rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2009
Scott Walker
Scott Walker rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2011
Fredrick
Fredrick rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2011
Shane
Shane marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Johnny Boggs
Johnny Boggs marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Felix
Felix added it
Dec 02, 2016
Derek G
Derek G marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2016
John James Audubon (Jean-Jacques Audubon) (April 26, 1785 – January 27, 1851) was a French American ornithologist, naturalist, and painter. He was notable for his expansive studies to document all types of American birds and for his detailed illustrations that depicted the birds in their natural habitats. His major work, a color-plate book entitled The Birds of America (1827–1839), is considered ...more
More about John James Audubon...