Start by marking “C++: How To Program” as Want to Read:
C++: How To Program

C++: How To Program

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  599 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Teaches C++ programming by placing emphasis on achieving program clarity through structured and object-oriented programming methods. The text begins with fundamental concepts such as control structures and the underlying concepts of object-oriented programming. It then handles advanced topics.
Published February 1st 1994 by Prentice Hall

To ask other readers questions about C++, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about C++

Ahmed Ali
عموما هو كتاب حلو للي عارف سي ++ بالفعل وعايز يتمزج ويتدلع.

فيه مشروع عملي كامل عبارة عن برنامج بيعمل وظائف ماكينة الصراف الآلي، المشروع مكتوب من الألف إلى الياء ومفيد جدا.

عيب الكتاب إنه فيه رغي وكلام إنشا كتير، بس على الجانب الآخر، دي تعتبر ميزة للي عاوز... يتمزج ويتدلع.

pros:
- lots of examples and practices.
- a complete project "ATM Case Study" is included with a very satisfying explanation.

cons:
- some topics could have been demonstrated in a more short and simple way, the guys were boring at so
Joecolelife
Nov 06, 2011 Joecolelife rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Joecolelife by: www.CocoMartini.com
This book is really good. There are lots of examples with well explained code. Too bad there is no e-book to facilitate searching within the book (the book is over a thousand pages), although I don't blame them that much due to the facility in finding copyrighted ebooks that give nothing back to the author.
The CD could have had the binary code instead of having to go to site for that purpose.

Anyways the book takes you from beginner to intermediate in C language programming and gives you an intr
فنافن
My book in C++ class ^^
Simple, clear, worth in examples.
It contains smart tips and hints.
Baha
Good as a reference.
Seonhee Grace
Been very useful to me!
Hristijan Petrovski
it can come in better light
Anton Simakov
Aug 30, 2014 Anton Simakov rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants to learn C++ basics.
Shelves: cpp
This was my first book on C++ programming and this is the book I would recommend to anyone who want to start programming in C++. Although, I must admit that I would not recommend C++ and consequently this book to anyone who just want to start programming: C++ is not the best language to start a journey in the world of programming.
Mahesh Gupta
first programming book ever read. really good would recommend people to go and read it and do the exercise.
Tolga
I used this book to understand programming paradigm in the first year of my computer science education. It is really helpful for the beginner. It is not only helpful for beginner but also advanced programmer. This book published in my country "C/C++ How to program". It includes both programming language. It teachs you both of them. Especially if you struggle questions end of chapters, you will have a point of view for evolution from structural programming to object oriented programming.
Gian Franco
Jan 26, 2014 Gian Franco rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Read it
I've been with this book for a year
Bethany
This is an awful book for beginning C++ programming. It starts off well enough, but once the student reaches chapter three, the book is worthless. The online video examples do nothing but summarize the book's text. I would not recommend this book to any serious beginning programming student.
Ohud
It was the only book I read when I start learning C++ programming, I can't tell if there is better books out there.
But I loved it, it is written in a very easy language that takes you step-by-step through every aspect of C programming.
Enjoy!
Farah Agha
it's easy to read and have very good exercises, although exercises are lengthy. It has classes before functions which was weird
the chapter I like most is sorting, STL and Template.
Dachi
it is really good book for begginers. it explains everything really well. you understend everything 100%, and also it gives some basic XHTML lessons too.
Eddie
I really enjoyed working with C++. The book's well put together and covers all the basic to intermediate topics for getting started.
Thomas 'afin'
Hahahaa..this book was my first programming book that I red. It was in my first grade of computer science in IPB.
It helped me much.
Khan
Great for beginners looking for detailed and explained OO skills in C++. I studied it for Semester 1, 2 and 3 in baccalaureate.
Brian
This series is great. For beginners as well as a reference.
I started with the fourth edition and have kept them all.
Flavio Perri
Introductory C++ book with a lot of code examples.
Right for programming beginners and overviewers of basic C++.
Michael
Sep 06, 2008 Michael rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Computer Geeks
This is a pretty good introductory C++ book. A lot of advanced concepts are left out, though.
Suspect
a great book to learn how to code with c++
it is simple and enjoyable for me
Lmcwil
Oct 01, 2007 Lmcwil rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: aspiring C++ programmers
Shelves: reference
I've used the 2nd edition of this book, and it was an excellent resource.
Amirreza Shining
confusing , i like pragmatic books
Asemaneahvaz
Nov 11, 2008 Asemaneahvaz is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
this is a great book
Mattijs
Fine way to learn c++
Seakhong
It is a good program book!
Dito
This Book give me a complete view about C++ -- at least for me :) -- very useful and help me when I'm doing undergraduate final assignment.
C__
  • Operating System Concepts
  • The C++ Programming Language
  • Programming Perl
  • Computer Networking: A Top-Down Approach
  • Algorithms in C++, Parts 1-4: Fundamentals, Data Structure, Sorting, Searching
  • Fundamentals of Database Systems
  • Problem Solving with C++
  • Introduction to Algorithms
  • The  C Programming Language

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Java: How to Program C: How to Program C# How to Program Operating Systems Visual Basic.NET How to Program, Second Edition