Start by marking “Sweet Dreams (Colorado Mountain, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Dreams (Colorado Mountain, #2)

Sweet Dreams (Colorado Mountain #2)

4.46 of 5 stars 4.46  ·  rating details  ·  23,182 ratings  ·  1,613 reviews
Lauren Grahame has spent her whole life thinking something special was going to happen. She didn’t know what it was, she just knew it would one day be hers. But she learned the hard way that special wasn’t on offer.

So, after divorcing her cheating husband, Lauren searched for nothing special and she thought she found it when she landed a job as a waitress in a biker bar in
Published April 23rd 2011 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Dreams

Motorcycle Man by Kristen AshleySweet Dreams by Kristen AshleyMystery Man by Kristen AshleyThe Gamble by Kristen AshleyLady Luck by Kristen Ashley
Best Kristen Ashley Books
2nd out of 56 books — 1,511 voters
Motorcycle Man by Kristen AshleyReaper's Property by Joanna WyldeUndeniable by Madeline SheehanOwn the Wind by Kristen AshleySweet Dreams by Kristen Ashley
Heroes in Motorcycle Clubs
5th out of 240 books — 1,157 voters

More lists with this book...

Christy
TATE IS ON AUDIBLE!!!! Listening to Sweet Dreams.... I love this book <3
It took me about a week to get through all 25 hours of this audible book, but it was awesome! Just as good as the first time around!!! xoxo

5 Dreamy Stars!!!

photo e8bef76d-9e41-468f-8e39-4c67f66c0efe_zpsb1726237.jpg

I LOVED THIS ONE! Tate Jackson... where have you been all my life? Friends, I am a certified KA addict. I love all her stuff, but this one just went to one of my top KA favorites!

Lauren has spent the last few months of her life in her car, looking for a place to set
♡Karlyn P♡

Sigh, DNF

This was my first -- and last -- book by this author. Her stories may be interesting and heartfelt (according to many of her fans), but her writing is NOT great. I found this book to be nothing more than an unedited rough draft not ready for prime time. More so, she doesn't have a polished writing voice, nor does she have a solid grip of basic writing rules. So if you care about well written stories, be sure to read the free chapters online before you buy. Many readers have been able to
Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
EDITED December 15, 2011 and January 1, 2012
On the one hand, I agree that the story needed better editing. On the other hand, Tate would say "Who gives a flying f*ck?" I wholeheartedly agree, Tate! I didn't mind at all. I LOVE this story and I could easily forget those minor issues.
************************************************************************
Tate with beard:

Tate without beard:

Photobucket

"How blessed are some people, whose lives have no fears, no dreads; to whom sleep is a blessing that comes
Shawna
Jan 29, 2012 Shawna rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of contemporary romance & hot alpha heroes
Recommended to Shawna by: My fellow alpha lovin’ sista Yvonne...and practically everyone else!
Shelves: contemporary-romance, e-book, small-town-lovin, editing-nightmare, bikers-sexy-as-sin, cop-bodyguard-govop-merc-military, sports-romance-hot-jocks, hero-alpha‎, recd-by-gr-friends-buzz, kristen-ashley, hero-stalk-me-baby-possessive, hero-stud-mantel-hall-of-fame, hero-tattalizing, tattoos-piercings-body-art, badasses-hunks-in-leather, bikes-grease-monkey-hot-rods-racer, cheating-hearts-fidelity-issues, enemies-to-lovers-opposites-attract, dirty-talk-turns-me-on, hero-bad-boy-playboy-player, hero-brooding, hero-expert-skilled-voracious-lover, hero-recluse-loner-lonewolf, hero-silent-quiet-type-reticent, heroine-curvy-plump-not-stick-thin, heroine-country-lass, hh-divorcee, kids-cute-faves-prominent-in-story, animals-matter, stalker-alert, pov-first-person, made-me-cry, angsty-dark-heavy-lotsa-drama, humorous-at-times-or-fluffy-fun, best-wittiest-banter-dialogue, best-secondary-characters-ensemble, i-read-kindle, kindle, steam-3-hot, steam-4-smokin, serial-killer-on-the-loose, 2012-reads, best-faves-of-2012, best-snarkasm-humor, best-top-favorites, chick-lit, favorites, hero-abused-scarred-tortured-angst, hero-asshat-award-hall-of-shame, hero-attractive-handsome-heartthrob, hero-cold-cruelbrute-dark-dangerous, hero-im-gaga-over, hero-i-wanna-smack, hero-single-dad, hero-walking-hardon, heroine-abused-traumatic-past-rape, heroine-girl-next-door, heroine-i-adore, heroine-makeover, hh-bad-communication-conflict-mgmt, hh-big-constant-misunderstandings, hh-disfigured-injured-scarred-ill, hh-famous-celebrity, hh-sweet-nice-paired-vs-gruff-cynic, i-read-own-faves-keepers, love-triangle-vying-courtships, romantic-suspense, why-do-good-girls-like-bad-boys, best-endings-epilogues, hero-pissed-me-off-and-turned-me-on, heroine-classy-lady, heroine-good-girl-nice, hero-uber-alpha-domineering, favorite-romance-series, series-colorado-mountain, 5-stars-or-higher, badass-kickass-motha-fucka, romance-doesnt-end-at-40, villain-creepy-azz-killer, a-all-time-fave-hero, heroine-sassy-full-of-attitude, a-all-time-best-of-best-fave-dik, all-work-no-play-on-the-job-romance, exes-annoying-troublesome-crazy, motorcycle-club-mayhem, hero-i-disliked-much-of-the-book, older-mature-hero-and-heroine, hero-older-mature
5+ stars – Contemporary Romance/Romantic Suspense

There are a lot of reviews for this already, so here are some of my random thoughts.

The Bad and The Ugly:

•Yes, it’s an editing nightmare that at times made me want to whip out my red pen and go crazy with correcting remarks.
•There is way too much (and occurring too often) inane detail, especially about the heroine’s wardrobe, outfits, hair, makeup, getting ready, routine, etc. I understand that her self-esteem and makeover were a significant comp
Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
HUGE 5+ stars

To say I loveSweet Dreams is an understatement!This is one of those books that not only captures your heart and imagination, but brands itself on you personally and will always, in someway, be a part of you.

Sweet Dreams encompasses everything I love in a romance novel. It's chock-full of richly developed and unique characters, excellent and witty dialogue, steamy but tasteful eroticism, and captivating and exceptional storytelling.

This book is a self published work and there is no a
UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine...

Sweet Dreams is the second book in the Colorado Mountain series and another fantastic read. As is the case with the first book, The Gamble, there are already dozens of awesome reviews, so I’ll keep mine short, and still try to list my favorite things about this story.
1. Tate is an asshat. He’s got a foul mouth, short fuse, and he’s over the top alpha. He’s honorable, hard working and completely devoted to his friends, family, and those who don’t piss him off. He is, in a word, perfect.

2. The wri
 Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~*
(Edited to add more sexy Tate pics)

4 Stars - Also reviewed at: Lady Jayne's Reading Den

Sweet Dreams didn’t just have “Moist Factor Five Hundred”, for me, it had the “Turn Around Factor”.

In fact, it even made me feel like I was doing the Twister!

description

Why do I say this? Weeelll…. I was initially quite drawn into this story DESPITE its editing issues.

Yes, this book has overly long/run-on sentences; under-use of commas and full stops; over-use of parentheses; and some non-linear time lines. If you are
Wendy
Sweet dreams, baby.

How I love those words. Those are Tate's words to Laurie, before she goes to sleep. *sigh*

Wow, this book was just fantastic! It's raw, real and it's life. It's not sugar coated or polished in anyway. The characters are also real and you can relate to them in everyway. Tate you are the epitome of the alpha male and you deserve a growl from me so here it is RAAWWWWR!

This book is wonderful and I highly recommend it.

My Tate.
Jill

Tatum (Tate) Jackson a badass, bounty hunter biker and Lauren Grahame a ‘good girl’ from the suburbs are the protagonists in this contemporary romance.

This is a self-published work. The novel is detailed and lengthy. It reads in places like a rough draft. It has typos, incorrect words, long rambling sentences, poor punctuation and grammar. Syntax, the rules underlying sentence structure, was on vacation.

But Sweet Dreams is a great story and Kristen Ashley is a great story-teller.

If you want a po
Searock
5 stars for the utter wonder I felt while reading this book! It was filled with all kinds of win!!

Prepare to be gushed upon!!

I had never closed a book and then flipped it back to the beginning for a second read until now :) I have a third read planned within a month of my first reading. That may be one definition of obsession.

This is my first Kristen Ashley and I loved it, so am currently hacking away at her back list… nom, nom, nom. I'm also looking forward to her new releases. KA is prolific a
Auntee
Apr 19, 2012 Auntee rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of hot contemporary romance
Recommended to Auntee by: Viv
There's already 159(!) reviews of this book, so I doubt that I have anything to add that hasn't already been said. So I'll give just a few impressions...

Kristen Ashley, you're a fabulous writer. Great storyteller. You create sigh-worthy heroes and spunky heroines. I love your dialogue. Your love scenes are smokin' hot, passionate, and convincing. I'm a detail junkie and I love details, and you provide in spades.

However...there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. Sweet Dreams is loaded
Karla
Oh.
My.
God.

This was something special!

So much has been said and I don’t really know what to add, given most of the reviews express exactly what I’m feeling. As fictional as the book was, it read like it was real. What I mean by that is that you live in the moment with the characters. The writing is such that you feel their emotions, pain, sorrow, fear, happiness, passion, as the story unfolds. Okay, so it wasn’t all grammatically correct and it might bother some readers, but I was able to put
Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus
I did a re-read of this... fuck I love him still - 21/09/14

OOOOHH GOOOODDDDDDD DDAAAYYYYMMMM I LOVED THIS MAN! /

I'm not going to write a million words about this book when I can just show you my Tate and a quick quote.

joe manganiello shirtless Pictures, Images and Photos
Catarina
5 Dreaming Stars.

description

Lauren ended a ten year’s bad marriage with an asshole and all she wants is let her fake and uptight perfect life behind and start new somewhere else.
She finds herself applying for a waitress job in middle of nowhere, where she meets the part owner / part biker/ part bounty hunter sexy boss and that’s when her life really starts to change.
Tate made some bad decisions in his life but when he meets Lauren, despite they start on bad terms, he knows that she’s his first good dec
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
5 stars even after a re read, although if I could it would be 6!

Not going to say much. But I love Tate, any man that can bond with a pretty cat has to be awesome!

Love Lauren, it is amazing to watch her grow and "find" herself with the help of Tate, and she was funny, loved when she re named Tate's cat

"Wow" Carrie exclaimed and my body got tense again as I looked at my sister. "That is a pretty Kitty"

"Her name's Princess Fancy Pants," I blurted, Tate's arm gave me a warning squeeze, I ignored it
Blacky *Romance Addict*
Another fabulous story by Kristen Ashley :) And yet another underliner why this is my favorite KA series :) And I just LOVED the fact that they are both older and mature (don't know why but I just like them that way <3)

5++++ stars for this one :)

The story - A little darker than the first CM, kind of reminds me of the books from the Burg series considering the bad guy and all.
Lauren comes to Carnal in search for nothing special. Yes, nothing special. Because her whole life she waited and want
Wendy'sThoughts
Mar 09, 2014 Wendy'sThoughts rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: KA Fans, Romance, Everyone
Shelves: favorites
5 Tate Induced Stars

One of the main reasons I figured out how to get the Amazon App for PC was to read Kristen Ashley. I was new to romance and discovered many authors I loved. I found their books at Goodwill and dollar bookstores at reduced prices once I discovered them from my shopping at the brick and mortar Barnes and Noble. You see libraries didn't work for me. I finally came to that conclusion after admitting to myself I had issues with returning on time...

After joining Goodreads and seei
Mimi Smith
4 stars

13 Questions

1. This book is a sequel. How connected is it to the first book?

Well...Not very. The only connection it has to the first book in the series The Gamble is the fact they both happen in Colorado, in neighboring towns. Not a one character from Gnaw Bone(the original town) showed up in Carnal, which was the setting of this book. So, if you really want to read this book, but have no desire to begin from the start of the series you can do so freely(Alas, I suffer from a syndrome th
Mo
Just read it for the 3rd time - was it as good the third time around? It was even better - I took my time this time with it - first time, I rushed through it cos I just had to get to the HEA. Tate - what can I say. From the first moment he appeared in the book, I loved him - OK, he was an Ass but he can be my Ass any day. This was the first KA book I read last year and have devoured most of her stuff since. Still have not read most of the Rock Chick series so wonder why I did not just go ahead a ...more
~IreneOust~The Trailer Goddess ♥s~Søren~Ben O'Callahan~Joe Callahan~Javier~Spin~Deacon~Isaac~Carlo~

December 31, 2013

Wanted to reread one of the old favorites [for the 4th time] to end the year on a high only a few authors can provide, KA being one of them. I might re-review this baby in a new year but everyone should really read this if only for one reason & that reason being:

Tatum Jackson

photo AdamCowieTateJacksonSweetDreams_zps0020efe7.jpg

July, 2013

Just read this again for the third (?) time I think and it only gets better and better with each re-read!

While reading this, I realized that Kristen's characters remind me so much of John Hu
Stephanie
Is he not the perfect Tate??

Photobucket

Yeah, there were a lot of editing issues, run on sentences, and confused thoughts at times. But I got past these issues in the first chapter and ended up reading one of my favorite books ever (so far any way)!

Tate is the hottest Alpha male, ex-football player, ex-cop, current badass biker bounty hunter there is baby! And can the man light up the sheets! Whew holy hotness batman! My inner biker babe happens to be in love.

I am on a mission to find Ms Ashley's back li
KatLynne
WOW – One of the BEST contemporary romances I’ve read this year!

Thank you Baba for your wonderful review! After reading your post I immediately downloaded the sample for my Kindle and almost immediately knew I had to have it:-) Amazing - I loved all 588 pages and hated it had to end!

Yes, there are quite a few grammatical errors, long sentences and erroneous punctuation. Did it detract from my enjoyment! NOT.AT.ALL!

Tatum Jackson – Tall, strong, and more beautiful than any man should be! Totally
Jennifer Kyle
Tate Jackson should come with a warning sign readers!

description

Where is Loretta's web fan page for Tate? I have been looking for it for hours!!

Tate is a bossy alpha, biker, bar owner, badass bounty hunter, former football star who sports a bad temper. He curses more that any KA male character but when he is sweet it’s all sorts SPECIAL.

Did I mention that he is hot as hell?

That he can be a jerk sometimes?

That he likes it dirty?

That he gives the best presents?

That a girl would do anything to have this
Taryn at My Secret Romance
This review was posted at My Secret Romance

"Two kinds of women get under your skin. The ones who do damage, they don't feel good there but once you're fuckin' stupid enough to let them in you got no choice but to take the time it takes to work them out. Then there are the ones who don't do damage, who feel good there, feed the muscle, the bone, the soul, not rip it or break it or burn it. The ones you don't wanna work out." -Tate

I loved that line!

Boy, can Kristen Ashley tell a story! This book t
Nikki
5+ stars.
Full review now posted.

Wow. Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow. This book was so epic it took me THIRTEEN hours to read. I stayed up until THREE THIRTY IN THE MORNING to finish it. Not even kidding.

It wasn't perfect - at times in the first half the long sentences and random flashbacks kind of got to me. But it hooked me in from the very beginning, grabbed me by my heart and soul and didn't let go not once.

What can I say about this story that I haven't already? It stuck with me, really stuck w
Sanaa
Oh.
My.
God.

Kristen Ashley's most famous line bears repeating a million times over!! LOVED. L.o.v.e.d this story. Alpha-male perfection personified! Tatum Jackson and Lauren Grahame are characters that truly come to life and take over your brain once you start their story. Readers experience their life as they live it. The direct dialogue and sometimes abrupt, quick-witted response from Tate earned many swoons & chuckles from me.

*Everything* felt totally real. I can’t describe how much I love
Michele ~ la Smoocherina
My Tate and Wminbc's boyfriend.

description

August re-read: love this quote. “Jesus, you look like a sex kitten school marm.”. Lol

Review June 2012- I decided to reread Sweet Dreams because is such a big fave in the KA arsenal. I must have been PMSing or in a bad mood or something, when I first read it because this time I loved it. Loved Tate, loved Laurie, loved Jonas. Loved it all
5 stars

First review- early 2012-
This book was just meh for me. It took over 60% of it to turn around for me. It got bet
Lisa
I'm seriously going to need therapy to deal with this addiction to these books!
Lady Heather

First read: February 10-14, 2012

" And when he spoke, his voice was near to a growl.
"A woman gets under your skin, the kind of woman that feeds the muscle, the bone, the soul, no replacing that.....but once you have that, there's no replacing it."
I stared at him and he stared back.
Then I whispered, "Tate-"
but stopped speaking when his hand moved and his thumb tweaked the diamond he'd slid on my finger six weeks before.
"No replacing it," he repeated on his own whisper."

- favorite quote in t
Aestas Book Blog
"You can trust me, Laurie.” His voice got deeper, that grown vibrating through it. “Swear to God, baby, there will never be a time when you can’t. Yeah?”

I did love parts of this book, but it was probably overall my least favorite KA book – that being said, I still did like it, and in many parts, I LOVED it, but the beginning was very rocky for me, the relationship was very slow building with a bit of an enemies-to-lovers kind of storyline, and the ending wasn’t quite as heart-warming as I wa
Kristen Ashley Ad...: Sweet Dreams (Book #2) Tate and Lauren's Story 646 1318 12 hours, 45 min ago
BR: Sweet Dreams BR 6/6 90 23 Jun 16, 2014 03:26PM
Alpha Males 12 255 Feb 25, 2014 12:16AM
What's The Name o...: Help me find this romance book [s] 4 182 Jan 12, 2013 11:56AM
Romance Lovers fo...: Sweet Dreams by Kirsten Ashley, starts 5th August 258 57 Sep 20, 2012 02:04PM
  • Reaper's Property (Reapers MC, #1)
  • Move the Sun (Signal Bend, #1)
  • Hard Evidence (I-Team, #2)
  • Lumberjack in Love
  • Club Justice (Trinity Falls, #1)
  • Officer off Limits (Line of Duty, #3)
  • Cage (Corps Security, #2)
  • Sweet Seduction Shadow (Sweet Seduction, #3)
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
  • Craving Constellations (The Aces, #1)
  • Heaven's Sinners (The MC Sinners, #2)
  • Color of Forgiveness (Color, #2)
  • Outlaw (The Outlaw, #1)
  • Star Crossed (Battered Hearts, #2)
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Razing Kayne (Walking a Thin Blue Line, #1)
  • Edible (Exquisite, #3)
  • Liberating Lacey
Kristen Ashley was born in Gary, Indiana, USA. She nearly killed her mother and herself making it into the world, seeing as she had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck (already attempting to accessorise and she hadn't taken her first breath!).

Kristen grew up in Brownsburg, Indiana but has lived in Denver, Colorado and the West Country of England. Thus she has been blessed to have friends a
More about Kristen Ashley...
Mystery Man (Dream Man, #1) Motorcycle Man (Dream Man, #4) The Gamble (Colorado Mountain, #1) Knight (Unfinished Hero, #1) Rock Chick (Rock Chick, #1)

“Then you shouldn't have thrown her away when she was your wife. Now she ain't. Now she's somethin' to me and I don't let men I don't like get close to her and I gotta tell you man, I do not like you.” 390 likes
“It isn't that it's too soon, you're on the back of my bike, it ain't too soon. You can buy sheets. You cannot install blinds."
"um..." I mumbled. "Can you explain the difference?"
"Sheets are chick territory," he said without delay. "You gotta use tools, that's dick territory."
"Oh," I whispered.
"Don't tread on dick territory," he advised.
"So, um... is a paintbrush a tool?" I asked cautiously.
"If you're paintin' the side of the house, yeah. If you're painting mud colored paint in a room, no."
"It's terracotta," I said softly.
"Whatever," he muttered, his mouth twitching.
"Or, the paint chip called it Mexican horizon. The blue is dawn sky."
"Definitely chick territory," Tate replied, losing the fight with his grin.
"What about...pictures for the walls?" I asked.
"Chick," he answered instantly.
"Um...could I ask that, instead of you getting angry and being a jerk, maybe you give me a head's up when I'm doing something stupid?”
280 likes