Start by marking “The Sicilian's Mistress” as Want to Read:
The Sicilian's Mistress

The Sicilian's Mistress

3.68  ·  Rating Details  ·  426 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Once his mistress... now his bride!

After three long years Gianni D'Angelo has found Milly Henner! However, Milly doesn't remember Gianni, or what she was to him. All she knows is that she was found after a hit-and-run accident, pregnant and with her memory gone.

Gianni has the difficult task of convincing her that, once, she loved him. But Milly is horrified when she lear
ebook, Harlequin Presents #2139, 192 pages
Published April 2011 by Harlequin Presents (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about The Sicilian's Mistress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sicilian's Mistress

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
Another older Lynne Graham novel that slipped through the cracks for me. I read this one today and it was a nice way to while away some relaxation time. Graham sets a tone that is emotionally charged and involving. Gianni wasn't exactly my favorite person for most of the book, but I did see how his early childhood set him up for being the less than ideal lover in that he's not able to communicate in a healthy way. He's deeply emotionally locked up and Milly wore herself out practically trying to ...more
Claire
Jul 04, 2011 Claire rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
With apologies to John Osborne, this story is the kitchen-sink drama ala-Lynne Graham. In merely 185 pages, the reader gets a story with amnesia, secret baby, kidnapping, greedy fiancé, blackmail, forced seduction, scorned mistress, nervous breakdown, dysfunctional childhood woes, emotional repression vs touchy- feeliness, attempted rape, jealousy, sibling rivalry, two family reconciliations AND Christmas to boot. Everything but the kitchen sink...

One must be pretty stoic to survive this book wi
Leona
Apr 24, 2012 Leona rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hqn-presents
Wow..what can I say? A dynamite read!!!! This is an incredible story about love, passion, BIG misunderstanding, secret baby, and amnesia! You would probably think that with all that thrown into the mix, it would be one big disaster. Lynne Graham truly masters it and captures the reader from the first page. I could not put this book down. There were two places that I actually wanted to just strangle the Hero and heroine. (view spoiler) ...more
Becky
Very frustrated by the romanticization of this cheater. Hero is just not a good guy in the 2 year back story and it makes no sense that Milly would fall in love with a man who was cheating on her while they were dating and planning to continue to do so once they started sleeping together. I think this book confuses unhealthy, masochistic, infatuation with love.

If a woman is dating a man and he goes away for 3 weeks and sleeps with other women, that's not love blooming. That's a casual thing and
Saly
This is an amnesia and a baby story and very well done. The hero made a big mistake and threw out the pregnant heroine and then spent years searching for her, when he found her it turns out she doesn't remember anything. The hero despite wanting to hurt the heroine shows through his actions that he cares. He is dumb-ass who realizes too late about what the heroine meant to him. The heroine is great, she punishes the hero, shouts and shrieks at him. When their relationship started she made him ch ...more
Kay
Sep 10, 2015 Kay rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
KatieV
2.5 to 3 stars. It had a lot of elements I liked, but in this case the heroine and her wishy/washy hormones kinda dampened my enjoyment. She'd stand up to him one minute and the next she was sacrificing all of her pride and self respect to have sex with this jerk who treated her like crap. And all based on a misunderstanding and lies he wouldn't even let her defend herself against. Typical HP Tycoon reaction, but I wish she'd stuck to her guns for more than a second or two. I think I'm off Lynne ...more
Jacqueline
Enjoyable amnesia read. A nice different motivation for the secret baby. I liked how the hero was protective and caring of the heroine once he found her and how he had looked for her while she was gone. Still he fought his need for her by occasional asshatery. She stood up to him pretty well both in the present and especially in the past. One of the rare HPs where they really spend time talking things out at the end and explaining everything.
Vintage
Okay, I had previously reviewed this book and given it a very low rating due to the idiotic and manipulative antics of the heroine. Yes, the heroine. Unfortunately, I realized yesterday that I had reviewed a different book. Okay, okay. Sounds stupid, but both were Lynne Graham's, both had amnesia, and let's face it I am sure both had some form of sicilian-italian-mistress-wife blah, blah etc in the title. Easy mistake to make. Wish I could remember the other one.

My bad. The other one was actuall
RLA
Jul 28, 2011 RLA rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The heroine Faith is confronted by a striking man whom she thinks has mistaken her for someone else. A few days later he tracks her down and informs her she used to be his mistress and that he is the father of her young son. The hero Gianni has been searching for her for three years after their acrimonious break up, but he is shocked when he discovers the recent events in her life. Shortly after they broke up, Faith was found seriously injured after a hit and run and suffering from total amnesia ...more
Tia
Apr 23, 2012 Tia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
At the start of this book I was so into it and as we got to the middle, I was even more excited. Then when the ending came up, I was like "that is it?" Seriously?! I can't say the ending impressed me too much. In fact I can't believe the heroines attitude, I would of had the hero on bended knee begging for me back after all his cruel comments and general bossiness and arrogance. I had a hard time standing the hero, let alone accepting the fact the heroine forgave him so easily. The ending totall ...more
Fre06 Begum
Jan 03, 2015 Fre06 Begum rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Milly was pathetic for letting herself be treated so poorly by the cheating snake that is meant to be the "hero"
Fiona Marsden
Oct 18, 2013 Fiona Marsden rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first Lynne Graham I have read for a while. She used to be an auto-read for me but three cheating sleaze-bag heroes in a row and I was suffering severe trust issues.

So I'll get this out of the way at the beginning as it's only a minor spoiler. Gianni was quite possibly faithful to Milly while they were apart. It could be read both ways but it is vague enough that I can assume what I like. And I like faithful heroes.

This is a fairly typical outing of an old style LG plot. Impoverished
sbf20112011
Sep 28, 2011 sbf20112011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good, lots of angst and emotion. Not the absolute best Lynne Graham (Tempestuous Reunion and A Savage Betrayal are my two favs), but still quite good. As usual with most of Graham's books, I wish the hero's love was obvious even *before* the heroine's innocence is revealed to him. Here it's not bad because it's definitely hinted that the hero loves her even before he knows she's innocent (and he confirms that in the end), but I like more obvious (to us) signs of it. Still, a compelling re ...more
Nicky
Blah.. I couldn't like this heroine. She was just way too clueless. When she is still willing to marry a guy after he calls you a slut and dislikes your child? And then defend him? Uh no. Everything was just a little too little too late for me. And it seemed like their "serious" talk at the end of the book was in fast forward. But it didn't cover hardly anything. Also this is one of those "Magic Stick heals what ails you" kind of things.. She was an amnesiac for three years and didn't have any s ...more
Audrey
Jul 22, 2015 Audrey rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Hard for me to finish it

Would have been great without the subplot of assault from the half-brother.
This part of the plot was boring. And annoyed me. Because it make the H having consistent thoughts of vengeance and anger for the h.
Would have prefer the h having an accident after a dispute or even not a dispute, but having to drive to go somewhere. Being hit and lost during the H out of the country has he was being accustomed to.
Then him finding her again, and there, the story of him trying to ma
April Brookshire
Gianni is so unlikable! What an egotistical, unfeeling asshole.

Milly started out in their relationship as strong (especially with how young she was) but let him manipulate her into being his mistress.

After a long separation caused by him not having faith in her and her having amnesia, he's still a selfish asshole.

It was entertaining, but I think he should've had to grovel more.
Jenny
Mar 25, 2013 Jenny rated it did not like it
I started reading this but I have already read it before! Seriously worst heroine ever! The guy she wants to marry Edward calls her a slut, insults her, dislikes her poor innocent child and she still wants to marry him. One star is too much for this stupid heroine. The hero Gianni was not that bad but still couldn't save this book.
DA4Pups
Nov 17, 2013 DA4Pups rated it it was amazing
My favorite part is when he takes her to the place where they lived together before she left. He didn't change anything - almost a shrine. Everything is still as she left it. The only place he felt "at home". Although he is a jerk and cannot admit his feelings for her because of the "betrayal", the house said it all for me.
LoveRomance
Apr 25, 2012 LoveRomance rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harlequin
This might be my favorite Lynne Graham HP. I think I first read it a decade ago, but it was so sweet, with an alpha has to apologize but hasn't been such a complete asshole that it's bewildering why heroine would forgive.
Amafle
Jan 07, 2013 Amafle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Es una buena historia, todo se confabula contra los protagonistas y su amor, y ellos luchan y pelean entre ellos y contra todos por su amor y Gianni ufff que hombre tan bello. Me gusto mucho ...more
Debra Ashwood
Apr 08, 2015 Debra Ashwood rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one of the few HP that I will give 5 stars to. Only because Lynne Graham was able to complete this HEA story by answering all the questions brought up within the story. And give a great alpha woman her chance at payback. Yes Milly started out with her memory gone and a very introverted person due to her "parents" care but by the time she gets back those missing memories she is back to her old self. No holds bared personality. And Gianni has alot to learn and does it the hard way. Love the s ...more
Ladyacct
Jul 18, 2011 Ladyacct rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shorts
I really liked this heroine after she found her missing backbone <=..=>
Kelsey
Dec 18, 2012 Kelsey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: l-amour
Memory loss, kid, lots and lots of bitterness.
Angy
Jan 16, 2014 Angy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harlequine
good story...
Debbie
Jun 15, 2016 Debbie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was just a train wreck!!

I wish I had not read it . There is no way I would ever forgive the H and what he did. He was cruel then loving then cruel again and then loving. He kept her house as a shrine bought her gifts while he was looking for her and still was able to sleep with other women. Yuk. Just wish I hadn't read it. And he never would let her explain what he saw. I just hated it. Sorry.
Daviddrummond Scottpope
Charlotte Tactical offers readily-available assistance and information for each and every item in our catalogue, via our fully trained and professional personnel. We are fully staffed with individuals experienced in firearms and firearm handling and maintenance, so you can expect he best in customer service when it comes to choosing the ideal tactical firearm and tactical equipment you may desire.
Ning

แบบมาแกความเขาใจผิดกันตอนทาย
อานแลวจิด ๆ ดี :D
Xandri
May 16, 2014 Xandri rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liked this book initially at the start. I liked her spunk in the beginning of their relationship maybe she should have held out a bit more.The hero emotions were exaggerated towards the latter parts. Overall an interesting read.
Srisurang
Nov 14, 2010 Srisurang rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
หนังสือเกาแลวของลินนเลมนีซือจากรานมือสองออนไลนคะ ตามหาผลงานของลินนทียังไมไดอาน นาจะเหลืออยูอีกไมกีเลม ชอบคะ สไตลเดิมๆ เรืองสันๆ อานเพลินๆ นำเนาแบบไมคิดมาก อิอิ
  • Lost in Love
  • The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain (The Marriage Bargain, #1)
  • The Reluctant Fiancee
  • Crescendo
  • The Sicilian's Marriage Arrangement
  • Dark Illusion
  • Forgotten Husband (Santanas Men, #1)
  • The Second Mrs Adams
  • Bought: The Greek's Baby (Harlequin Presents, #2895)
  • Blackmailed Bride, Inexperienced Wife (Innocent Wives #3)
  • Pregnant by the Greek Tycoon
  • The Sicilian's Unexpected Duty (Irresistible Sicilians, #2)

Lynne Graham was born on July 30, 1956 of Irish-Scottish parentage. She has livedin Northern Ireland all her life. She grew up in a seaside village with herbrother. She learnt to read at the age of 3, and haven't stopped since then.

Lynne first met her husband when she was 1
More about Lynne Graham...