Start by marking “The Kiss of Life” as Want to Read:
The Kiss of Life

The Kiss of Life (Priscilla the Great #2)

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  90 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Hey there! It's me again, Priscilla, a lean, mean, tween machine. Just when I'm finally getting the hang of my powers, something even more confusing and harder to understand enters my world: boys. That's right, I can shoot fire out of my fingers and lift a car with one hand, but for the life of me I can't decode "boy-speak" and that just might turn out to be the death of m ...more
Published April 20th 2011 by Little Prince Publishing (first published April 19th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Kiss of Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Kiss of Life

Sammee (I Want to Read That)
4.5 Stars

I really do love this series. It's just so much fun!

This installment continues on from Priscilla The Great. Priscilla and her family have had to move from River's Bend to a secret location to protect themselves - which also means moving away from her boyfriend Kyle and best friend Tai. But things for Priscilla never run smoothly and soon she is face to face to Dr. Witheral and again fighting for her life. It's a good job she has superpower's right? And, of course, there is also the issu
Bonnie
Kiss of life… I received this as a first reads winner!

Meet Priscilla: a just turned 13 year old from River Bend who's DATE-ING Kyle and who's BFF is Tia. She has a Mom and Dad, older brother Josh and younger brothers – 5 yr old twins – Charlie and Chester. They also have another set of 8 yr old twins living with them named Ryan and Peter. Sounds pretty normal so far.

The family had to move from River Bend, and is staying in a safe house in Missouri. You see…
1. Mother, Quin, was born at Selliwood
Birgit
After having had the chance to read the first installment in this great series by Sybil Nelson, I was more than glad I had this book to continue reading about Priscilla the moment I finished the first part with its cliff hanger.
While sequels are more often than not, weaker than the first book in a series, this is certainly not the case here. This time we follow Priscilla and other kids like her, on a mission to free the abducted daugther of the president of the USA. Throw in a bit of teenage lov
The Cheap Reader
I’ve said it before but these books are an amazing mix of contemporary fiction with fantastical elements. Neither one feels weird or out of place. It’s really the best of both worlds. I need more books like this in my life.

The Kiss of Life‘s story was soo addicting. It’s a good amount of action and suspense. You can’t put the book down! There were a good amount of twists and turns. It was great that I didn’t see them coming.

I’m glad that this book didn’t have the weird problem from book one. Boo
Kitty Bullard
SYBIL NELSON'S "PRISCILLA THE GREAT" SERIES (REVIEW)

These books are absolutely wonderful. The heroine, Priscilla is spunky, spirited, and completely what you'd expect a 12 year old super girl to be. The message of 'girl power' in these books is one thing that I really loved. This is a series that every young girl should read from ages 9 and up. While I was reading I'd give my own daughter an idea of what the books were about and now she's dying to get her hands on them. I feel that Sybil Nelson
Reading Vacation
Priscilla comes from a family with a variety of superpowers. Priss can run really fast, she has super hearing, and she can shoot fire out of her fingers. HOT! Her brother, Josh, is a telepathic. Oh, and her little twin brothers, Chester and Charlie, haven’t gotten their powers yet, but they are a handful.

The main plot has to do with the ever present threat of the evil Selliwood Institute eliminating Priss’ family. It’s the subplots that really grabbed me though. Priss finds herself right in the
C.E. Hart
They’re ba-a-a-ck! Priscilla and her family and friends continue their mysterious, super power ways.

When the president’s daughter is kidnapped, Priscilla and the crew hop on board to rescue her, as well as protect the secrets they’ve kept hidden about their abilities. New problems, new (fabulous) characters, and new feelings arise in this sequel.

I feel sequels are usually a slight let down, but The Kiss of Life is as strong (if not stronger) than the first installment. The characters come to l
Rhonda
priscilla and family are back for more adventures. The President of the United States teen daughter gets kidnapped by priscilla or so it looks like. Priscilla was on a date at the time with kyle at a movie theater so thier date got cancelled. Priscilla does more missions with Marco. Her plain gets almost shot down. She gets even with the 8th grade class at her old school because they have been given tia a hard time this year. Priscilla gets in fights with other mutants trying to kill her. Fun ac ...more
Joleen
I received this book through First Reads!

This is one book that to me the cover really does not show you what the story is about. I loved the story but from the cover I would assume it was more school girl romance. There was some romance in it but it was really a great action story. Priscilla uses her powers to help find the Presidents daughter who was kidnapped and at the same time has a battle with herself on who her boyfriend should really be - Kyle or Maroc!

A really fun read and leaves you wa
Andrea
Loved this book as much as the first! Priscilla is becoming one of my favorite characters, and I enjoyed getting to know her better in the second book of the series. There was another mystery to solve, another one that's ongoing, and we got to get to know some of the other characters better. I am thoroughly enjoying this series, and ready to begin book 3! Nice job, Sybil Nelson :)
Kathy
I really enjoyed the second book in this series. All of the characters continue to develop nicely and the action is fun and fast-paced like in the first book. I don't mind the cliff-hanger endings at all. I think this is a great series for the middle grade audience--both boys and girls alike. I look forward to reading subsequent Priscilla books.
Stray
Freaking hilarious. My father even came check on me because I was laughing so hard. It's a really quick, fun read. I just wouldn't give it 5 stars because there were some things that were needlessly repeated over and over, so.. I think I'd give it... 4.75 stars?
Lisa
I was so excited to read this book, it is the second book in the Priscilla series. I really liked the book, there were so many surprises throughout it. Unfortunately, the ending was as bad as the ending of the last book, which doesn't give it 5 stars.
Meghan
I loved the first book in this series and I loved this one. Priscilla is such a kick butt character she likes to take chances and risks if you like this kind of books you will love this it also has some romance in it break up and crushed hearts.
christy
wooo! loved it! and i cant believe what happened!! *gasp,chuckle,gasp*
Sage
Sage marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Caleb Tyrese Braxton
Caleb Tyrese Braxton marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Abigail Taylor Large
Abigail Taylor Large marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Ava
Ava marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Kaylah
Kaylah marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
  • The Toadhouse Trilogy (Book #1)
  • The Bone Knife: A Short Story
  • The Fairy Tale Trap (Ivy Thorn, #1)
  • The Grimm Chronicles Vol. 3 (The Grimm Chronicles #7-9)
  • Charlie (Snowy Cove, #1)
  • Glimpse (The Dean Curse Chronicles, #1)
  • The Story of Awkward
  • Crossroads Road: A Novel
  • The Lost Heir (The Gryphon Chronicles, #1)
  • Love.com
  • Golden Healer, Dark Enchantress (The Stregoni Sequence #1)
  • Cassidy Jones and Vulcan's Gift (Cassidy Jones Adventures, #2)
  • The Bagman (The Abigail Cobble Trilogy, #1)
  • Friends of Choice (Wings from Ashes, #1)
  • Heart Stealer
  • From Vegas with Blood
  • Memoirs of an Antihero
Sybil Nelson lives in Charleston, SC with her husband and two daughters. She is a PhD student at the Medical University of South Carolina and has written twelve novel.
More about Sybil Nelson...
Priscilla the Great (Priscilla the Great #1) Priscilla the Great: Too Little Too Late (Priscilla the Great #3) Priscilla the Great: Bring the Pain (Priscilla the Great #4) Priscilla the Great: The Time Traveling Bullet (Priscilla the Great #5) Twin Shorts: A collection of Short Stories from Priscilla the Great