Start by marking “Classic Elite Quick Knits: 100 Fabulous Patterns for Wraps, Socks, Hats, and More” as Want to Read:

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Pair soft, supple yarns in eye-catching colors with timeless yet contemporary designs and you have answered every knitter's dream. For more than 20 years, the studios of Classic Elite Yarns have created enduring patterns that beg to be knitted with their sumptuous products. In this pattern collection, a follow-up to best-selling "Classic Elite Knits," the focus is on quick ...more
Published October 18th 2011 by Taunton Press (first published October 4th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Classic Elite Quick Knits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Classic Elite Quick Knits

Joanne
What a wonderful book 'Classic Elite Quick Knits' is! There is a vast selection of patterns suitable for everyone; all beautifully photographed so you can see what each article will look like. The skill level is stated on each item as either 'easy', 'intermediate' or 'experienced', although I would say the book is more geared to the intermediate or advanced knitter than a beginner. The book starts with basic instructions and then is split into four chapters: Hats, Mittens, Gloves; Socks; Scarves ...more
Julie Witt
My Opinion: Classic Elite yarns are some of my all time favorites to work with, and I love anything that is quick to make (I get distracted easily so long involved patterns are sometimes hard for me to stick with until they are finished!), so saying this is the perfect book for me is indeed an understatement! I also crochet and there are some crochet patterns in the book so that was a bonus for me.

The description above describes the book perfectly so I'm not going to go over how many patterns t
Michelle
I'm not a stranger to knitting books, but this is the first that I received through NetGalley. I was worried that if I didn't have the physical book, the effect wouldn't be the same. I was wrong.

I am a fan of Classic Elite and their yarn, so what better way than to own this book. I eventually went and bought the actual book because I felt the patterns were timeless and could be made over and over again.

Classic Elite Quick Knits offered a wide variety of patterns, ranging skills from the beginne
Anastacia
Recently I was able to acquire a review copy of one of Classic Elite's new book, Quick Knits. Usually when I review a knitting or crocheting book, I like to be able to share lots of photos of projects from the book so you can enjoy them along with me, but this book is yet on ravelry. The book comes out next week on Oct 18, & is available for sale through amazon. A bit of googling only led me to one other review for the book here, though there are several reviews on goodreads.

Let me start by
thuy

Classic Elite Quick knits, the newest book from Classic Elite Studios, is a collection of 100 knitting and crochet patterns focusing on accessories. If you’re familiar with Classic Elite, you will recognize many of these patterns from previous pattern books. The patterns are laid out in anl attractive and straightforward fashion that we’ve come to expect of cassic Elite pattern booklets. This book is definitely for a more intermediate or advanced knitter. There is plenty of colorwork, c
Julie Barrett
CLASSIC ELITE QUICK KNITS 100 Fabulous Patterns for Wraps, Socks, Hats, and More by Classic Elite
I was hoping this book would be about some basic patterns and it is that and more. It covers patterns for average and advanced knitters. I feel one has to know or learn quick how to use knitters charts to be able to knit items from this book.
Patterns are for clothing and/or accessories for many members of your family..
What a treasure this book is: the patterns, color sequences and the items themselve
Michelle
Jan 27, 2012 Michelle rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Knitters of any level
Shelves: craft-books, knitting, arc
This book is a wonderful collection of knitting patterns by numerous different designers (such as Jared Flood) all using Classic Elite yarns. I am sometimes hesitant to buy books with so many different patterns by different designers - just in case there are too many different aesthetics (and therefore only a few patterns I would actually use.) I have no such problem with this book.

It is chock full of easy and unique patterns for versatile and usable quick knits - perfect for gift giving. There
Mary
Classic Elite Quick Knits: 100 fabulous patterns for wraps, socks, hats and more, from Classic Elite Yarns; published by Taunton Press.
Classic Elite Yarns has created a beautifully photographed book of terrific knitting patterns that will be of great appeal to intermediate knitters. All patterns are labeled with skill level; the great majority of patterns being of Intermediate level, although there are a few patterns at the easy level and lovely patterns that advanced knitters will appreciate. T
Amy
I felt like I was in a candy store as I flipped through the pages of this book. I love the patterns in here. They offer a lot of different ones to choose from and most of the projects are small and simple. I've seen a lot of other books claiming to contain "weekend knits" but most of these truly are weekend knits. You'll find plenty of fun hats and gloves in here and none of the projects require much yarn, so there's plenty of inspiration in here for anyone who has a random skein lying around th ...more
Elizabeth (Stuffed Shelves)
What is the book about?

Classic Elite Quick Knits has a wide variety of skill level and patterns, varying from scarves to fingerless gloves and much more in between. Complete with explanations of abbreviations and yarns which makes this book easy to read along with a list of substitute yarns to be used throughout the book.

What did I think of the book?

I'm constantly looking for good knit books that have a variety of patterns that I want to do. Some books only have one or two patterns that catch
EeeJay

I guess about the best thing you can ask from knitting books are new designs explained beautifully and I think Classic Elite Quick Knits really brings it nicely. I really liked the clean knits and classiness of the hats, mittens and socks in this book. The patterns are clear to understand and the finished look is very polished (although that could be due to the knitter!). The pictures are very clear and there's a large variety of things you can knit depending on your comfort level with knitting.
Angela
This book was provided by the publisher for review purposes.

Clasic Elite's newest book is a collection of some of their most beautiful patterns. Flipping through the book, I noticed that all the patterns are easy to knit. The book is broken down into three groups- hats, mittens, and gloves; scarves, cowls, wraps, shrugs, and capelets; and blankets, bags and toys. Personally, I think I will get the most use out of the hats and scarves sections. Each one is cute and would be great for a knitted gi
Jkb
I'm a pretty basic knitter that was looking for a book that had clear basic designs for hats, gloves, socks (the accessories).

This book is great. I don't have much interest in bags or toys, so I imagine I'll get the most use out of the sections that focus on gloves and hats/mittens; and scarves, wraps and shrugs.

There are a quite a few patterns in in each section suitable for all skill levels. As someone who is not an expert I really appreciated that the descriptions for each pattern is nicely
Tilden
Lots of good patterns in this book that I would want to knit, especially cowls and scarves and blankets. I might buy this book.
Elizabeth
Did anyone have trouble figuring out the 'Lace Tube Scarf' pattern? Just wondering if there might be a typo in the instructions.
Tonileg
There are really 100 patterns for lots of quick knits, nothing that would take more then a week of evenings to finish. I do like the series of fingerless mittens with tons of different patterns (intarsia, fair isle, stripes, etc...)
I'm going to make up a bunch of these for Christmas. Yes, I start making holiday gifts in the summer so that I'm not sweating and stressing in the fall to find the 'right' gift for my friends and family.
4 stars.
I couldn't honestly give 5 stars because there are quite
Bunny
Some really beautiful patterns in here. Even ones knit flat, almost unheard of in knitting books.

But I have to chuckle and shake my head. It's lovely that the designers make so much from their patterns that they can casually toss out cashmere for the recommended yarn. Really? A pattern for a large blanket, involving cashmere? Even though it's not the yarn requiring 10 skeins, that's preposterous.

Okay, rant done. Really inconsequential, as I don't follow the recommended yarns at all. But still a
Jan
Great collection of small projects. Some of the patterns are repeated in hats and scarves or my favorite, wristwarmers so you can make sets. There are a couple of sweaters and shrugs as well. As always, Classic Elite patterns are well written. If you want Classic Elite patterns this is definitely an economical way to get them.
Deborah
Great book of beautiful designs. My favorite is: "Royal Empress Shawl" made of 70% merino and 30% silk yarn in Persian Orange (that looks a soft persimmon color). Soft drape, sophisticated and classic. So many gorgeous and simple knits in this book.
Heaether
Classic Elite Quick Knits is an excellent example of contemporary knitting styles. This book offers exceptionally modern and stunning designs alongside colored patterns. This book is a keeper.
Iowalibrarian
usually I hate books that focus on one
brand of yarn but this one is nice. the title is deceiving though. I don't call something a quick knit that takes 4 skeins.
Mckinley
Nice layout. Have levels of difficulty. Variety of patterns and project to select. Would like to try one soon.
All patterns for females.
Martha
Oct 13, 2013 Martha added it
only Molly (ruffled scarf) of interest; wrap and turn for short rows not explained
Leisa
Very beautiful collection of Classic Elite's patterns.
Peggy
Peggy added it
Jul 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Classic Elite Knits: 100 Gorgeous Designs for Every Occasion from the Studios of Classic Elite Yarns Classic Elite First Light #9118 Fall 2010 Patterns