Start by marking “Sandman Edição Definitiva, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Sandman Edição Definitiva, Vol. 2

Sandman Edição Definitiva, Vol. 2 (The Sandman #4-6)

4.69 of 5 stars 4.69  ·  rating details  ·  5,028 ratings  ·  126 reviews
Depois do sucesso do primeiro volume de Sandman – Edição Definitiva, a sua continuação chega às livrarias de todo o país trazendo mais um ato da jornada de Morfeus, o Rei do Sonhar. O responsável por essa saga contemporânea é Neil Gaiman, o autor que se tornou uma unanimidade entre os leitores de quadrinhos. Com sua fábula contemporânea, ele criou uma mitologia que adquiri ...more
Hardcover, Absolute Edition, 618 pages
Published 2011 by Panini Books (first published October 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Sandman Edição Definitiva, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sandman Edição Definitiva, Vol. 2

Operaista
As much as parts of "A Game of You" bothers me - it's obviously written by a cis person. I can deal with Wanda's identity not being totally accepted by a bunch of fallible characters (because even the gods we encounter in Sandman are fallible beings, and so we can read even the Moon not accepting her as a woman as the Moon's bias, not Gaiman saying "trans women are not women", despite the place people who we'd now call trans held in the cultures Gaiman draws on); however, when she's dead, and Ba ...more
Otherwyrld
Another outstanding read. The first half of this volume contains the whole of the Lucifer/Hell storyline, one which has major repercussions throughout not only Sandman but leads into the Lucifer comic series. The second half of the volume contains some shorter, more low key stories. This being Sandman though, all of these stories are important and feed in to the overall plot. Some of the storylines started here wont be resolved until the end of the story

The artwork is much better in this volume,
Sesana
I read volumes 2-4 in a row, hardly stopping for breath in between. It makes it harder to review each individually, with my memories of them running together. But that hardly matters. I've loved nearly every moment I've ever read Sandman, from the first time fifteen years ago (or so) right down to this re-reading, which is at least the fourth. There are very few things that are truly magical reads, and Sandman is, for me, one of them.
Kate
I really enjoyed Season of Mists, where Lucifer decides he's done with Hell and moves on, leaving Sandman the key. It was clever and an overall fun read. A Game of You was my least favorite, but still interesting. It just took me so damn long to get through due to some parts that were just plain creepy.
Steve Nixon
The story continues, and introduces more themes and characters. If you have this, you already have Vol. 1, so any info here is superfluous.
Joel Griswell
The Sandman deserves to win many awards! Oh wait, it's already did... I had my first experience with the world of the Endless last summer. I read the first 3 volumes (in their older editions), and was drawn right in. It also placed me in perfect timing to jump right into Volume 2 of the Absolute Sandman re-printings (and boy, are these glorious). This one collects 2 main story-lines, plus a few filler stories. "Season of Mists" is one of my favorite stories in the whole saga so far, absolutely b ...more
Artemisa
The Season of Mists is one of my favourite story arcs and if, for sure, my favourite arc in this book.
I also enjoyed the Game of You arc.
The other arc was a bit too disconnected for me to even see it as an arc.
I also love the Desire story. Death and Dream are my favourite Endless, but Desire and Delirium go for a pretty close 3rd place.

But the thing I like the most about this book is the paper, unlike the trades I read the paper is glossy and that makes the colours vibrate. That's the reason I b
Nicole
I read this one months ago and thought I'd already logged it on here. Not the case, apparently. I'm still a huge fan of Dream and his travels and his family, although this collection was a little more hit-and-miss for me than the first volume. This was partly due to a couple of storylines that seemed rather disconnected, not quite filler material but just a little off somehow. There were also a couple (perhaps the same ones; I read this over the summer so the exact details are a little fuzzy) th ...more
Ken-ichi
I've read and re-read these stories countless times, but I think this was my first go at one of the Absolute editions. Strangely I found the Season of Mists storyline considerably less satisfying than Game of You, which is the exact opposite of how I felt as a teenager, when Mists was probably my favorite arc after the Kindle Ones, and Game of You my least favorite. Mists has more outright mythology, and of course the central conceit is delicious: Lucifer gives up Hell. It also deals directly wi ...more
Ryan
What? A comic book? Does that even count as a "real book?" I would submit, based upon reviews and awards given through two decades, that it does. Could be even more than a real book. Many superlatives are thrown the The Sandman's way, and I see why. I was very, very impressed with the story, the writing, the art, the complexity of the plot - but at its core, it's about stories. This is Gaiman's wheelhouse - he likes a good yarn.

The Sandman is one of the Endless - seven eternal anthropomorphized
Cora and Clarice
Feb 09, 2010 Cora and Clarice rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone with a speck of imagination or curiosity in their soul
Recommended to Cora and Clarice by: various friends
The colour work in this edition is remarkable and I found myself completely absorbed in Gaiman’s stories which are a seamless blend of myth, history, religion, fantasy, folk tale and, sometimes, horror. There’s also a whole wad of “bonus features” at the end of the book which give you a glimpse into the conception and evolution of some of the stories, as well as hilarious, somewhat postmodern and darkly ironic, biographies of the various contributors.

I had one problem with one of the stories ("
Myles
Mr. Gaiman, you wrote a damn fine comic here. Damn fine.

"A Game of You" is another precursor to the first graphic novel I fell in love with Kingdom of the Wicked and had some great characters. And "Season of Mists" you just have to read to believe. I said in my review for the Absolute Sandman, Vol. 1 that Gaiman creates his own mythology for Sandman, but that he does it on the grandest scale and in so few issues....

I stayed up late multiple nights to get through "just one more" and it was worth
Richard Wright
Lift off - having established itself and found a voice, Gaiman's Sandman series starts to revolutionise what can be done on the comic book page. From Lucifer's abandonment of hell, to a girl trapped in her own childhood fantasies, the series weaves and reweaves around itself, adding impossible layers to the core concept. In some stories, the titular Sandman turns up only on the fringes, proving that Gaiman can do whatever he wants in this book. It's inspiring stuff. And have I mentioned how beau ...more
Boots
i guess i had to give this three stars because even though "Game of You" was total rubbish, "Seasons of Mists" kinda balanced it out. The remaining single-shots were generally okay to good; most struck me as overwritten (like 14 pages would have been enough but Gaiman had to drag it out for 24 because of the format). In comic books, sometimes rather than have characters blab for extra pages, I'd be just as happy with splash pages to move it along quicker. Oh well, hit and miss. Hopefully the nex ...more
Chrissy
Brilliant. As stated before, the quality of both Gaiman's story telling and the artists' illustrations are constantly improving, it seems; I wonder if they will hit a ceiling in later issues or just shoot through the damn thing.

Most memorable to me was the "A Game of You" storyline. It was so vivid in its telling that I myself felt pulled in to Barbie's dream world, thoroughly wrapped up in with its inhabitants and their fates. And Martin Tenbones! I wish I could hug him.

All in all: wonderful. I
Kate
In Volume 2, Lucifer gives Hell to Morpheus, who has to decide what to do with it. We hear of the missing brother, and learn more about the rest of the family. We also re-encounter Barbie, and join several women on a trip to a corner of the Dreaming. It's all very exciting while you're in the middle of a story, but the arc endings have started seeming kind of rote. Maybe I've been watching too much "Supernatural" but I like when a dark story goes ahead and lets the shit hit the fan before the re ...more
Jason
This will be brief, as this is aimed squarely at those familiar with the strip: This is the perfect coming of age for the Series. The first volume is staggering and wonderful, but is largely concerned with setting the world and the characters, and has less of an opportunity to play with them, to challenge how we perceive them, to delight. In this second volume of the monthly comic, storylines have come to full maturity and the richness of the world is no longer being set up, but stands as a beau ...more
Richard
The first absolute sandman volume had me riveted and I could not stop reading it once I started. However, this was not the case for the second volume. While still amazingly written and still having some stand out moments, I felt as though it really dragged at times and ruined the pacing that the first volume had set up.

Volume 1 features the Dream King and his return from being captive for a long time. The whole volume is basically about him getting his footing back and dealing with the problems
Grburbank
The Sandman is Neil Gaiman's comics masterpiece weaving together myth, history, legend, and superheroes into the stuff of dreams and nightmares.

Volume Two of the Absolute Sandman includes the brilliant "Season of Mists" where Morpheus must confront Hell (my favorite arc in the series), the disturbing "A Game of You," and the miscellaneous "Fables & Reflections." Recolored and with a bundle of extras, this is a must for all fans.
Stacey
Sometimes you get the privilege of reading something that creates in you an immediate need to read more of a genre you had previously never even considered.

I have never been a "fan" of comics or graphic novels, in fact had never even read serial comics, other than a few Disney books as a kid. But from the first moment I impulsively picked up "Sandman," I was hooked.
Chris Arnone
It's hard not to just gush about a beautiful volume of an amazing series. Like many, however, A Game of You is not my favorite Sandman story, so it feels like a bit of a slog compared to some other stories. Even so, Sandman never fails to rise above nearly every other story. Beautiful writing, gorgeous artwork, and the oversized leather hardcover is just a joy.
Meredith
I'm glad I chose to re-read this. It's a piece I've gotten something different out of since I last read it in high school. The art, for the most part, is amazing, and the stories within are strange and magical, and not a little nightmarish. I've been reading Sandman before bed lately, which has, unsurprisingly, opened the door to some very strange dreams.
Blanca
"Seasons of Mist" is (for the moment) my favorite arc, hands down. I love the continuity of the characters in A Game of You even though the plot doesn't draw me in the same way "A Season of Mist" does. And there's something wonderfully nerdy about the fact that most of the main characters in the stand-alones are historical figures.

Morgane
(3.5 stars)

I definitely don't like the art, because it always feels like they could have spent a little more time on it, but the story is still compelling. I have no idea where it's going, which is a bit frustrating, but there are some truly good story arches, like the one with Lucifer. Not so sure about the Barbie one.
Joseph
Another great presentation of Gaiman's epic. This contains the story of Lucifer's departure from Hell (one of the high points of Sandman) with the story of Barbie's dream world (which is probably my least favorite part of the story, despite the appearance of Thessaly, one of my favorite characters).
Anne
This is where the series really picks up for me. LURVE it. I mean, the Sandman goes to hell...that's all you need to know. Plus, in amendment to my Vol. 1 review, I will say that though hell is depicted in all its pain in depredation, it's not like this series is Walking Dead GRAPHIC, cha'now?
Tanya
So much fun. Gaiman has a knack for integrating big ideas into small stories. So as you read one of the stories you don't feel like you're missing anything, but when you put them all together in a collection like this they cohere into a richer more complex story. Really entertaining.
Valynne Maetani
While I am fascinated with Morpheus's story, I am even more enthralled with the artwork of these comics. This is a very dark series, and there were a few moments when the story became to too dark. But I did appreciate some of the underlying themes of greed, torment, and redemption.
Kelly Lynn Thomas
One of my all time favorite books. The Absolute editions are a bit bulky to read, but the re-done colors are totally worth it, and I ADORE the leather-bound covers and how heavy they are. It's like holding the world in your hands, in a way.
Mike Mackavoy
Dec 28, 2007 Mike Mackavoy rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Graphic novel fans
The second book in a four part series does not disappoint. This is one of the only graphic novels that i place on the shelves next to the literary classics, and it belongs there.
  • Lucifer, Vol. 5: Inferno
  • Hellboy Library Edition, Volume 3: Conqueror Worm and Strange Places (Hellboy, #5-6)
  • Absolute Dark Knight
  • Fables: The Deluxe Edition, Vol. 4
  • Promethea, Vol. 3
  • Hellblazer, Vol. 4: The Family Man (Hellblazer New Edition, #4)
  • Finder Library Volume 1
  • Absolute Planetary Book One

The Sandman (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • The Sandman: Overture (The Sandman, #0)
  • The Sandman, Vol. 1: Preludes and Nocturnes (The Sandman, #1)
  • The Sandman, Vol. 2: The Doll's House (The Sandman #2)
  • The Sandman, Vol. 3: Dream Country (The Sandman #3)
  • The Sandman, Vol. 4: Season of Mists (The Sandman #4)
  • The Sandman, Vol. 5: A Game of You (The Sandman #5)
  • The Sandman, Vol. 6: Fables and Reflections (The Sandman #6)
  • The Sandman, Vol. 7: Brief Lives  (The Sandman #7)
  • The Sandman, Vol. 8: Worlds' End (The Sandman, #8)
  • The Sandman, Vol. 9: The Kindly Ones (The Sandman #9)
American Gods (American Gods, #1) Coraline The Graveyard Book Neverwhere The Ocean at the End of the Lane