Start by marking “Breakaway (Heller Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Breakaway (Heller Brothers, #1)

Breakaway (Heller Brothers #1)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  1,542 ratings  ·  75 reviews
Jason and Remi want the same thing—no-strings-attached, screw-their-brains-out, burn-the-sheets-up fun. Pro hockey player Jason just broke up with his girlfriend because she got too serious. Schoolteacher Remi just saw the last of the younger siblings she raised leave the nest. Jace isn’t ready for responsibility. Remi’s had enough responsibility. They’re perfect playmates ...more
Published March 18th 2011 by Ellora's Cave

To ask other readers questions about Breakaway, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breakaway

Lkay ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
When I first read the blurb for this book, I thought

HAWT! another spicy sports romance! Loves me some of that!

I started to read it, and got pretty into the story. I enjoyed Jason and Remi's characters...and the 2 of them together

and then...well...

Everything is going smooth. There are some conflicts thrown in between Remi and Jason and her not being able to deal with his fame at first. There is also some added drama of Remi dealing with her two siblings.

But then then I got to the 75% mark of thi
Nikki
4.5 stars.

I go through stages of looking all bereft at my TBR and my beloved Brock because I have books sitting there to read but have lost interest in them. It's usually in those hours of need that I indulge in sports romance; it seems to embrace me and get me back to a happy place. I'm glad I went with my gut and bought this on a whim last night.

Breakaway was neat and tidy. The H/h met, became attracted, acted on that attraction in a way that was supposed to be casual but actually resulted in
Toni Aleo
I thought it was good but the ending was so quick!!! plus the heroine's siblings pissed me the hell off.
LaFleurBleue
Would go up to 3.5 but cannot reach 4 stars.
I liked this rather short story, which could have reached 4 stars, had it been slightly more developed. The storyline was adequate, despite one small slip-up regarding the timeline (Jason supposedly had to leave for a one-nighter in Boston the coming week-end, except the following day, his plans included a 5-night tour this week-end and the one-nighter in Boston the following one - not too bad but it could be easily corrected). I really liked the 2 mai
Mel
Hockey and steamy sex in one book?!? Oh yeah! I am all about that. Kelly Jamieson does not disappoint in Breakaway. Breakaway is the story of Remi, a middle school teacher, and Jason, a professional hockey player. Remi has been raising her younger sister and brother since her parents died. She has sacrificed her personal life in order to provide for her family. Now her siblings have grown and moved out, Remi is convinced by her best friend, Delise, that it is her time to have fun. In comes Jason ...more
Inky Reviewer
(http://freshinkreviews.com/2011/04/re...)

Online blurb:
Jason and Remi want the same thing—no-strings-attached, screw-their-brains-out, burn-the-sheets-up fun. Pro hockey player Jason just broke up with his girlfriend because she got too serious. Schoolteacher Remi just saw the last of the younger siblings she raised leave the nest. Jace isn’t ready for responsibility. Remi’s had enough responsibility. They’re perfect playmates.

But fun and sexy games get complicated when emotions get involved. Th
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
This was a new to me author. I liked the characters. I liked the writing. I felt the book just ended though. I wanted to see more of the conflict resolved. I know there are other books to come so maybe we will continue to see this couple again. Overall an ok read. I will be reading the next book for sure.
beth myrick
Loved this

Loved the characters, storyline, and hockey. This was a really good read that kept me until one in the morning with a really busy day ahead. Now I'm ready to read more of the Heller brothers.
Deb
I'd give it 3.5 stars.

I got tired of Remi's issues and hated how she let her younger sibs pushed her around, only for Remi to come out looking like she was to blame for the disgustingly inconsiderate, self-absorbed way they treated her. There was certainly nothing wrong with Jase, though ;-)
Karma
What a great book! Things I loved: hockey player (there's just something about those hot athletes), hot romance (especially with those hot athletes), and the perfect blend of drama and chemistry (all involving said hot athlete). A quick, fun, steamy book!
Lilly Belle
Dec 04, 2014 Lilly Belle marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
The book was okay at first, but I noticed that the heroine is very insecure and kind of irritating. I tried to ignore that fact and continued to read hoping for any redeeming quality but all I can think about the whole time is "what the fuck does he see in her?!".

Their love story is nothing special and kind of predictable. Even the sex is mediocre. The heroine's sister is also stupid and pissed the hell out of me. I guess it runs in the family.

Anyway, I won't rate this book since I didn't finis
Rebecca
Jason & Remi's story. Jason is a NHL hockey player with 3 other brothers (all hockey players). Remi is a 6th grade teacher that meets Jason out at a club. Remi has always been the responsible one, taking care of her siblings after her parents death. Jason is fresh out of a relationship. This was just supposed to be fun. But their fun turns into the spark of finding "the one". They fall in love and all is going well till Jason's ex shows up shocking him with news.
I found myself skimming a lo
Heather in FL
This is the second book about the Heller boys. The Hellers are all talented hockey men... big, brawny, charming, handsome. I really like it when someone falls for someone outside their typical "type". And I really liked how Jason and Remi met. Jason was fresh out of a two-year relationship with a model that he ended because she was pressuring for marriage. Whenever it came up, he'd get clammy and feel claustrophobic and the idea was just not appealing to him. And then Remi, who has taken care of ...more
Uh oh, did not finish this book.
This book started out really well. Loved how Jason and Remi met in the nightclub, and how the night ended with the police banging on Remis door in the middle of the night while they were banging each other! LOL!

Loved Jason. A big, hot, hockey player, who was super sweet - in my opinion that's pretty much perfect book boyfriend material. Remi though, after their first night, was a bit boring. A couple of times she even made me want to scream and pull my hair in fr
Angie Klug
MMM...boy, do I love a hockey player.

Make him big, tough, passionate, sensitive, and an amazing lover?? Sounds like a Hat Trick to me!!!!!

If you've read R. L. Mathewson's Neighbor from Hell series, this had that kind of feel from the very start!

I loved Jason Heller from Chapter 1! What a good sport to go along with Remi's "fake pickup" at the club...only maybe it was fate all along?!

Remi is a fantastic heroine too. I really sympathized with her "mature & responsible nature", since I'd say I
Christina Montminy
Enjoyed this book immensely. Jase & Remi are a great pair, he is a hockey player, she is a teacher. What started out as just fun turns into more but Jade's ex-girlfriend has a bomb about to put all their lives in turmoil. The love between Jase &Remi is about to be tested. Can they keep it together? Will they fight for one another? This is my first book by this author & I can tell you it won't be the last.
Katherine O'Grady
Hockey themed romance that was more serious than I expected. The main characters were awkward around each other frequently. I think it was supposed to be realistic, I found it more, just awkward. The ending was interesting - a pregnancy that's not the heroine's, handled in an adult way. For all the real-ness of the story, it is also angsty, not escapist enough for my tastes.

Bought from kobo.
SirenBookReviews
Once again Kelly Jamieson pens another scorching but emotional romance. Breakaway is filled with great characters, hot sex, and of course, love. Jason and Remi start a fling just for fun, but who knew the feelings they would feel come rushing to the surface. But then, life gets in the way. The two must think about their future together despite the things they are most afraid of.

This is a wonderful book, and I enjoyed reading it. Remi is kind of a shy woman at first, she's just been able to live
Desiree
I wanted to like this book more than I actually did. I found the heroine annoying. Really annoying, for some reason. And the friend seemed a bit schizophrenic.

I liked how realistic the plot was, but it was TOO realistic, in fact, it was pretty depressing. I hated the sister, that girl needed to be fucking bitch smacked, as did Remi for taking it.

At first I thought this wasn't going to be an insta-love book, but it actually was. Even though they didn't say the 'l' word until about 5 weeks into
Iliana
I want me a Jase, lol

Love this story! before picking up this book I was in a funk starting a couple of books and not able to go past the first chapter because they were so blah. Then I started reading the story and could put it down until I finish it...It was that good.
Talltree
Hannah
Loved it!

I really enjoyed Remi and Jase's story. I loved seeing the change in Jase through the course of the book. I tended to get frustrated with Remi's friends and siblings, but it was overall a great storyline.
Amanda
Really just didn't enjoy this. I found myself just very lightly skimming the book, even skipping pages. I read as an escape, therefore I don't need plot conflicts like the one the author threw in around 75%. Just ruins it for me.
Rose 77
I really really wanted to love this book. I love hockey and wanted so badly to find a hot series with hockey players but I could not get over the poor editing. Oh my gosh it's terrible. At one point in the book the hockey teams suddenly changed. Out of no where the Chicago Wolves are playing Detroit then they are playing another team and it changes back to another team, all within one game.

Also found it odd that neither sibling seemed all that concerned with Remi's love life. They weren't worri
Rina Smith
Holy hotness

Great story. I loved all of the characters in this book. So many different stories within this one, makes you want to keep reading on into the next in the series.
Kim

I absolutely loved this book! It's my favorite Kelly Jamieson book.

I was really upset that I did not read this before reading Faceoff (So I sort of read Faceoff again).

I really felt like I got two books for the price of one with this one. Just when I thought here's the HEA, I looked down and realize I am just over half way through the book.

I love Remi the teacher and I love the hot hockey player (but Kelly most of the ones I've met were missing teeth. lol!). And I LOVE a story with a petite hero
T
Remi is one of the most unlikable characters I've ever read. 2 stars bcs I like the author and Jason was a sexy man. But wow what a stick up her ass character. DNF @ 62%
Lyn
Love this book. Enjoy reading it! I love Jase & Remi. They got great chemistry & they grow in their relationship as the HEA progress.

Recommend it! :)
Erin
uh, after a while I really wanted to stop reading but I pushed on through. 2 stars cause I learned about hockey.
  • Hired (Hot Ice, #1)
  • Forward Passes (Seattle Lumberjacks, #2)
  • Thin Ice
  • Home Ice
  • Playing For Keeps ('Fantasy' Football #1)
  • Body Check
  • Goalie Interference (NHL Scorpions, #2)
  • Empty Net (Assassins, #3)
  • Foolish Games (Out of Bounds, #2)
  • Wicked Game
  • The Penalty Box (New York Blades, #4)
  • Time Out
Kelly Jamieson writes romances with heat that's sweet. Her writing has been described as “emotionally complex”, “sweet and satisfying” and “blisteringly sexy”. If she can stop herself from reading or writing, she loves to cook. She has shelves of cookbooks that she reads at length. She also enjoys gardening in the summer, and in the winter she likes to read gardening magazines and seed catalogues ...more
More about Kelly Jamieson...

Heller Brothers (5 books)
  • Faceoff (Heller Brothers, #2)
  • One Man Advantage (Heller Brothers, #3)
  • Hat Trick (Heller Brothers, #4)
  • Offside (Heller Brothers, #5)
Rule of Three (Rule of Three, #1) Rhythm of Three (Rule of Three, #2) Faceoff (Heller Brothers, #2) Hot Ride One Wicked Night