Start by marking “Holiness Day by Day: Transformational Thoughts for Your Spiritual Journey” as Want to Read:
Holiness Day by Day: Transformational Thoughts for Your Spiritual Journey

Holiness Day by Day: Transformational Thoughts for Your Spiritual Journey

Do you want your daily devotional to have more substance? Then you will appreciate this one-year devotional from Navigator author Jerry Bridges. Each entry has been carefully selected from his best writings, connecting with you on a deeper level and encouraging personal discovery. This quick daily read is full of inspiration, commitment, and transformation for men and wome ...more
Published February 27th 2014 by NavPress Publishing Group (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Holiness Day by Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holiness Day by Day

Molly Moody
Jan 01, 2017 Molly Moody rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian, devotional
Does the fact that I purchased at least a dozen copies & gave them away over the course of a year say anything? Or that it has been my most highly recommended book over the year? Hands down, this is a fantastic devotional! However, it is not a substitute for reading the Bible regularly. Each day starts with a verse & then has a two-three paragraph commentary. Each commentary is taken from one of Jerry Bridge's books. Over the year, Bridges has become a dear friend, sometimes wielding the ...more
Carolyn
Jun 11, 2012 Carolyn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was a good devotional in some aspects. But after awhile it became a little monotonous. There were some very good helpful parts but there was also the ocassional section that I didn't agree with. Overall this was good.
Gloria
May 18, 2014 Gloria rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Calvinist Christians
Well, that was definitely a whole year's worth. Sadly, some of the days "offerings" weren't quite on track with reality (I'm looking at you, singular sentence on pg. 25 and other sentences throughout the book)

It's more Calvinist than Armenian or Lutheran - but I liked the statement in the front of the book "We can begin each day with the deeply encouraging realization, I'm accepted by God, not on the basis of my personal performance, but on the basis of the infinitely perfect righteousness of Je
Jeff
Jan 09, 2010 Jeff rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I finally finished this 52-week devotional book by Jerry Bridges. It only took a year and a half. Well, slightly longer than that, even. Oh, well.

Holiness Day by Day is a marvelous devotional book. Each daily reading is an excerpt from one of Jerry's other books. I found each one to be inspiring, and some of them had a great impact on me. I highly recommend this devotion. It is not dated, so it could be started any time of the year. They are simply broken down as Monday through Friday, then one
Joan
Dec 28, 2013 Joan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really like this devotional. There is a very good balance between making sure we understand our righteousness is because of what Christ has done and moving us to desire holiness in our daily life. This is not a shallow devotional but is one that really makes you think about your life. See my full review at http://bit.ly/JB3If0.
Patricia
Oct 26, 2016 Patricia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: living-by-faith
What I loved about this book is having so many different excerpts from Bridges' many books all in one! I was so blessed each day I opened a page to consider what my life in Christ means. I wish I had another book to continue, but re-reading will be great too.
Miriam Schneider
Jan 07, 2013 Miriam Schneider rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Too often we fall into the rut of thinking we can live the spiritual life in our own strength or that the blessings in our life are things we have earned. This devotional book helps keep our focus on God.
Peter
Excellent devotional that looks at the gospel and holiness throughout the year. The sections are taken from various books that Jerry Bridges has written throughout the years. A lot of useful information and teaching, presented in manageable chunks.
Chris
Oct 15, 2014 Chris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An outstanding daily devotional book focused upon the sanctification and maturation of believers! This book has been such a blessing to me and a staple in my daily devotional time for the past year. A must read!
Becca
Dec 20, 2008 Becca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am currently reading this book during my devotions. It is so good! I like it because it reminds me of the gospel on every single page. I need to hear the gospel because I often fall into condemnation over my sin. I highly recommend this book. You will benefit from the wisdom that Mr. Bridges has!
Steve Curll
Jan 05, 2012 Steve Curll rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

An excellent devotional which contains the essence of the Holiness movement and holiness doctrine in an easy to understand format! I am inspired toward holiness daily by these deep but easy to understand treatise on holiness.
Kurt Nelson
Jan 04, 2013 Kurt Nelson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great book of devotions to read each morning before you read the Bible.
Kevin M
Feb 03, 2014 Kevin M rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good daily devotional !! My first experience with Jerry Bridges... Will be looking for others
Joanne
Jun 18, 2012 Joanne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: devotional
I think this is an excellent devotional.
Marguerite Harrell
I just finish this today and thankful for daily devotional book like this.
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2016
Peggy Derby
Peggy Derby rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2014
Gabriel Pech
Gabriel Pech rated it really liked it
May 02, 2013
Tina Malinowski
Tina Malinowski rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2013
Christian Elauria
Christian Elauria rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2014
Dave
Dave rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2011
Kaysie
Kaysie rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2009
Wendy
Wendy rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2013
Tyler Durham
Tyler Durham rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2013
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2012
Justin Hickman
Justin Hickman rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2014
Bob Thalman
Bob Thalman rated it it was amazing
Oct 05, 2013
Scquest
Scquest rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2013
Kermit E Summerall III
Kermit E Summerall III rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2015
Mia
Mia rated it really liked it
May 31, 2012
  • A Godward Life: Savoring the Supremacy of God in All of Life
  • Money, Possessions and Eternity
  • Songs in the Key of Solomon: In the Word and In the Mood
  • Holiness by Grace: Delighting in the Joy That Is Our Strength
  • A Cup of Comfort Women of the Bible Devotional: Daily Reflections Inspired by Scripture's Most Beloved Heroines
  • Daily Reflections on the Names of God: A Devotional
  • Unpacking Forgiveness: Biblical Answers for Complex Questions and Deep Wounds
  • Old Story New: Ten-Minute Devotions to Draw Your Family to God
  • The 7-Day Doubt Diet
  • Godspeed: Making Christ's Mission Your Own
  • Invitation to the Jesus Life: Experiments in Christlikeness
  • Contentment: A Godly Woman's Adornment
  • NIV Once-A-Day 31 Days of Wisdom
  • For the Love of God: Volume One: A Daily Companion for Discovering the Riches of God's Word
  • 10 Questions to Diagnose Your Spiritual Health
JERRY BRIDGES was an author and conference speaker. His most popular book, The Pursuit of Holiness, has sold over one million copies. Jerry was been on the staff of The Navigators for over fifty years, and currently served in the Collegiate Mission where he was involved primarily in staff development, but also served as a speaker resource to the campus ministries.
More about Jerry Bridges...

“We obey God's Law, not to be loved but because we are loved in Christ.” 18 likes
“... self-control is not control by oneself through one's own willpower but rather control of oneself through the power of the Holy Spirit.” 14 likes