I Don’t Respect Female Expression

I Don’t Respect Female Expression

4.57 of 5 stars 4.57  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Who is Frank Hinton? The author of the newest chapbook from Safety Third Enterprises? Why yes, but more so Frank, a manifested male character, is the voice of a woman searching out for masculinity while on an island of femininity.

“He is made. In the chapbook he is made when a father dies. He is a kind of child idea, a child born into fiction,” Hinton says of her own creati...more
Chapbook, Limited Edition Print/ Ebook, 12 pages
Published May 1st 2011 by Safety Third Enterprises

D.J. Berndt
This is a perfect chapbook. Once you start, the ability to put this book down should be considered a super power. Frank Hinton is currently one of the most exciting writers I know of, and all of the glory is jammed right into this gem of a collection. If you can get your hands on this before it sells out, then you win.
Shannon Peil
This book is fantastic, everything in it is fantastic. It makes me want to fuck Frank or maybe just ask him to come over and have a beer, I'd like that a lot. Not Lili though, I would be very afraid to meet her, self conscious and worried.
Rebecca Schmidt Castka
A strange and good little thing.
P.H.
I was fucking blown away by this girl's ability to tell it straight and with unflinching gravity. Her name is probably actually Lilli and that makes me more endeared to her and more interested in one day having anonymous bathroom sex with her. Not that this book makes me think that's something she engages in very often -- I heard the restrooms in Canada are pretty gross anyways -- but all the same, yeah, all hail the entrance of Frank Hinton and her ultra modern disregard for long forms -- why s...more
Ani Smith
frank is a badass, see my review at we who are about to die.
Russ
Fascinating writing about people doing things or not doing things.
Tréci
Tréci marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2014
Elise
Elise marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
J.
J. marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2013
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2013
Countdowntoblastoff
Countdowntoblastoff marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2013
Endered
Endered marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2013
Milkbox
Milkbox marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2013
Dave
Dave marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2012
Willis
Willis marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2012
Cb
Cb added it
Jun 21, 2012
Mike Kleine
Mike Kleine marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Action, Figure A Metazen Christmas I Don't Respect Female Expression Action, FIgure Nouns of Assemblage