Hondo (Demon Warriors, #1)

Hondo (Demon Warriors #1)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  566 ratings  ·  31 reviews
[Siren Everlasting Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Fantasy Romance, M/M, demons, public exhibition, spanking]

Chris has hung around the Demon Warriors, trying to emulate them, for one hundred years. He's in awe of these magnificent warriors but has eyes for only one of them. Hondo is as thickheaded as they come. Everyone around him can see how Chris feels about the big...more
Published July 15th 2011 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc.

Serena Yates
This is such a cute book. I didn't expect demons to be cute, but, that's what these guys are. There is also enough serious warrior business, some mysterious goings on and a few ominous threats to keep the tension up. I found the mix between humor and beginning-of-series-plotline really appealing. And the way demons find their mates? I laughed my head off. That is a great concept!!!

Chris is small for a demon, but thinks himself a warrior. Needless to say, he manages to overestimate his abilities...more
Mark
Nov 25, 2011 Mark rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who have given up on love
Recommended to Mark by: a sadistic ex-friend !!
Shelves: bizarre, never-again
Good Grief. Did the woman actually get paid for this tripe. Never having read any demon books or anything like this before, a friend said I should give it a go and lent me his copy. Indeed he gave me the first two in the series. Having read them both....yes honestly....I can promise you two things. Firstly...I won't be reading anymore and secondly, having read them I am fairly sure I could construct number three through 47.

Muscular Demon encounters wimpy demon. He falls for aforementioned wimpy...more
Tj
It was fun reading about Chris and Hondo. This first book in the series is very typical of Lynn Hagen books. A forever mate that tends to be the weaker one and the bigger protective mate that "takes care of" the weaker mate. I still like the book, it's a fun lite read that is a "feel good" read.
Karel
I'm glad to see that the writing seem to have improve since the Brac Pack day, somewhat. I'm tempted to call Lynn Hagen a clone of Stormy Glenn, but I feel that will be insulting to the latter.

Anyhow, usual Lynn Hagen: simplistic plot, characters with the emotional maturity of a five-year-old, sex/sex/sex, a musclebound-tiny guy dynamic, and lots of jealousy and a plot so 2D you can see things coming from ten miles away.

Characters are either flat, uninteresting, crybabies OR flat uninteresting j...more
Witchmag's Boekenplank
Wow! A cliffhanger... Didn't expect to find one in Lynn Hagen's stories. She usually ends it, but this time she chose a different option. And I like it very much ;) Although it's hard to wait till the next book comes out :(

The story itself is nice. We're thrown in a new kind of demon world. The way to find a demon's mate is also quite nice ;) Story itself was OK at the beginning, but at the end there was more speed to it. She had to explain a lot in the beginning, at least that's how it occurred...more
Alicia
I enjoyed this first book in the series, enough that I want to read more. Chris and Hondo are so adorable together, which is weird I know. Who would have thought that demons could be adorable, right? But they are, so much so that I read the whole story straight thru. I'm definitely going to be reading more by this author.
Janelle
This was a great start for a new series. I love that Hondo is not aware of what everyone else can see until he is hit with it. Chris is too cute for words. Having these two together was a good pair. I can't wait for the next. Snooke is a mystery all by himself.
Gem1
Jul 18, 2011 Gem1 rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: mm
I loved the Brac Pack series, so I expected more for this book. The demons seemed like badasses from their cameo in the Brac book. Chris irritated me repeatedly, and Hondo was described correctly, "thickheaded"!
Sev
May 09, 2014 Sev rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Only die-hard Lynn Hagen fans and only if they haven't already read it.
Recommended to Sev by: They shall remain nameless.
(UPDATED ON MAY 9, 2014)

Call me a glutton for punishment but I just went back to this one. First, though, I tracked down and read the books in the Brac Pack and Zeus Pack series that must be read before it in hopes of making the story make sense. There are about 19 or 20 that come before Demon Warriors #1; therefore I cannot honestly call this an independent series. It really will confuse the heck out of anyone coming to it without prior knowledge of the Brac-Zeus Universe. Would've been nice to...more
Phaney
May 23, 2013 Phaney rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
2011 Review:

Phht, am I glad I have the next two books in this new series because it doesn’t just end on a cliff-hanger, it pretty much is a continuous story, with probably only the viewpoints shifting with each book. So to have to stop at this point would be incredibly annoying. I guess in retrospect the romance of this volume did end a chapter or so before the end, but I kinda missed it because it was just another sex scene with a fresh batch of love exchange.

With that said, I really enjoyed th...more
Karo K.
This is the first in the Demon Warriors series, which is an offshoot from Lynn Hagen's Brac Pack series, which I got sucked into a couple years ago. The demons facinated me in that series, and we find out more about them in Hondo, the first of the new series. Demons live in a sort of parallel world, similar to ours, except it's always night because demon's corporeal bodies fade in sunlight. When demons visit the human world, they do it only at night and they use shadows to move from place to pla...more
adrienne
typical lynn hagen serial romance. nothing fantastic, nothing so bad it can't be finished. what is typical lynn hagen? imagine a shorter harlequin romance but with no t&a (see, i was going to write no surprise pregnancies, but... yeah.).

out of sheer laziness, i will be using this as my template for all books by :
lynn hagen
stormy glenn
scarlett hyacinth
carol lynne
gabrielle evans

unless otherwise noted. i'd apologize, but i'm not sorry. i figure it's about as much time as they put into their bo...more
Pam
This book is a good beginning to a new series and despite the characters being demons their cute, sexy and fun. Chris is a hoot the way he tries to get the attention of Hondo, the man he loves...a man who is dense and clueless. There's action, friends, villainous demons and a theft worked in among Chris getting into trouble and Hondo trying to keep him safe. Watch these two walk the minefield of moving from friends to lovers and how it all works out in the end.
Marie Medina
Great start to a new series. One of the best stories set in this world so far. A lot going on, but this one flowed better than many of the Brac Pack installments. Loved the evolution of the relationship and how the love was based in friendship above all else. very hot sex.
Veronica / V
The first book in this series is much the same as the others Lynn Hagen books.
I'm a huge fan of Brac /Zeus Series, I'm not a surprise the Demons series will be another of my favourites.
Although (IMO)Chris, was one the the least likeable characters I have ever read, Hondo in the other hand was adorable.
I'm looking forward to read Snooke story.
Clover
It was snot as good as the Brac pack or the Zeus pack... reminded me a lot of Joyee Flynn which was not a good thing.
I hope she wsill writes better for the other books because I'm very found of her characters !
Jane A
I liked this book, but I think I would've liked it better if Chris didn't get on my nerves so much. He's always having a pity party for himself and that was really annoying. I hope the other books are better though =)
Emily
Originally read in 2012
Sasha
Fun and light-hearted. It read like a superhero movie. Glad I tried it but I won't read the sequels unless I get reeeeeeally bored one day.
Carolyn88
demons, this was a different style from the authors shifter books. It was good.
Asteropê
I hope the others in the series are better. This one just didn't really do it for me.
Absynthe
Kinda boring. I just couldn't get invested into any of the characters.
Ter
Great start to new series. Chris is just too cute. I love his energy.
Marsha Spence
I liked this one very much. Chris is just adorable!
Mirka
I loved it. It was a great start to a new series...
Coolkitty
Loved every page...
Can't wait for the next 1...
Giovanna
Not a bad start to a new series....
Rochelle
I really enjoyed this book!
  • Hell's Tempest  (Fatefully Yours, #4)
  • Imlay's Cure (Lady Blue Crew, #3)
  • Ravyn's Blood (Ravyn War­riors, #1)
  • Fade to Black (Clear Water Creek Chronicles #3)
  • Aggressive Alpha (Twin Pines Grizzlies, #7)
  • Damian (Marius Brothers, #5)
Lynn Hagen loves writing about the somewhat flawed, but lovable. She also loves a hero who can see past all the rough edges to find the shining diamond of a beautiful heart.

You can find her on any given day curled up with her laptop and a cup of hot java, letting the next set of characters tell their story.
More about Lynn Hagen...
Maverick's Mate (Brac Pack, #1) Hawk's Pretty Baby (Brac Pack, #2) Nutter Nero (Brac Pack, #12) Remi's Pup (Brac Pack, #4) Montana's Vamp (Brac Pack, #16)