Start by marking “Echoes at Dawn” as Want to Read:
Echoes at Dawn

Echoes at Dawn

3.29  ·  Rating Details  ·  17 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
The strangely intertwined lives of a widowed woman, and a charismatic bachelor come together in order to show that in life, there are no coincidences… only destiny.

Waterfront restaurant chef Madeline Young adores her job. If only her love and family's lives were as successful as her career. With a teenage son, who spends time in the emergency room for alcohol poisoning and
Published (first published March 28th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Echoes at Dawn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Echoes at Dawn

Leslie D. Soule
Jul 14, 2015 Leslie D. Soule rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
We are introduced to the main character, Madeline Young, as she dines with her friends. Kathleen Ann Gallagher really does a good job of setting up the scenes in her novel, and giving the reader a sense of atmosphere and ambiance.

The tone of her writing is very straight-forward. Mine tends to be that way as well. And you know who also wrote that way? Hemingway.

Anyway, Madeline likes to enjoy the company of her friends, Anne, Mara, and Maggie. They're all getting older, although they still hang o
Rose Cimarron
Jun 10, 2012 Rose Cimarron rated it did not like it
2012-04-06: I'm 7% in and seriously wondering if I can bear to read the rest. I'm not impressed with the writing, there is no flow whatsoever and no character interest. Quite frankly, I don't like the main characters. Why is a 40+ widowed mother of 3 obsessed with dating? She wants to start a restaurant, but doesn't have time...because of her dating, it seems, which only makes her miserable.
I shall persevere and see if it improves.

2012-04-07: I made it as far as 12% and decided life is way to sh
NayNay
Dec 10, 2012 NayNay rated it really liked it
With one disappointment after another, a mother's dementia, a teenage son with a drinking problem, and visits from her Aunt the ghost....Madeline does not know how she can continue to cope. She now volunteer's at the hospital addiction center and meets counselor Nat, things start to look-up.
Nat having his own issues, and is not sure to face his demon's or remain isolated. But after meeting Madeline, Nat must confront his pass to move on.
This is a story of second chances, finding love and happin
Crystal Trent Dotson
Dec 15, 2011 Crystal Trent Dotson rated it it was amazing
By: Kathleen Ann Gallagher

Reviewed By: Crystal Trent Dotson

Madeline Young is a widowed chef that is struggling with her mothers demetia and her teen sons alcohol problem, all while trying to accept that she is being visited by her aunt's ghost. When she starts volunteering at the local hospitial she meets Nat, a part time counselor, who brings light back into her life, but will they be able to accept the changes and make a life together or dwell in the past and live a lonely life.

I really enjoye
Brea Essex
Oct 28, 2011 Brea Essex rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Ms. Gallagher's characters in this novel. All of them were extremely compassionate. It's commendable that the main character Madeline was willing to help her mother (who has dementia) despite dealing with her youngest son's alcohol problem.

Although I loved the characters and the storyline in general, I felt that novel had potential for more paranormal aspects. I would have liked to see more of Mary's ghost, as well as more of Madeline's struggle to accept the fact that she is be
Jo Notary
Jo Notary marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Laura Blickenstaff
Laura Blickenstaff marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Stephani Hren
Stephani Hren marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2015
Brianna Olesh
Brianna Olesh marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2015
Deana Russell
Deana Russell marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2015
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Lorraine Youngberg
Lorraine Youngberg rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2015
Sherri Thompson
Sherri Thompson marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2015
Gloria Schumann
Gloria Schumann rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2015
Debra Raupe
Debra Raupe marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Brandi
Brandi marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Jessie Stein
Jessie Stein marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Brianna Pennington
Brianna Pennington rated it liked it
Nov 18, 2014
Jennifer Graves
Jennifer Graves marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Deanna Inder
Deanna Inder rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2014
Lesley
Lesley marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Connie Kline
Connie Kline marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014