Start by marking “The Way of Kings, Part 2 (The Stormlight Archive #1.2)” as Want to Read:
The Way of Kings, Part 2 (The Stormlight Archive #1.2)

The Way of Kings, Part 2 (The Stormlight Archive #1.2)

4.78  ·  Rating Details ·  7,182 Ratings  ·  264 Reviews
According to mythology mankind used to live in The Tranquiline Halls. Heaven. But then the Voidbringers assaulted and captured heaven, casting out God and men. Men took root on Roshar, the world of storms. And the Voidbringers followed ...

They came against man ten thousand times. To help them cope, the Almighty gave men powerful suits of armor and mystical weapons, known a
Published 2011 by Gollancz (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Way of Kings, Part 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Way of Kings, Part 2

Amar
Dec 11, 2014 Amar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Amar by: Comet
Shelves: read-in-2015
Uf uf , ovaj kraj je bio odličan ... čak i više od odličnog .
Odlično napisano i priča kao da dobija neki tok . Samo da Sanderson ne zabrlja u nastavcima :)

Dalinar mi ostaje najdraži lik , tik ispred Kaladina .

Ali zamjerka ostaje. Mislim da je knjiga (cjelokupno gledano ) mogla biti kraća .
Al hajd , da ne tražim dlaku u jajetu . Jako dobro i preporučujem .

Ocjena za drugi tom je čista 5 , a cjelokupna ocjena za knjigu je 3.5* .
Caroline
Jan 13, 2017 Caroline rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
BRUH this book went from 0 to 100 so fucking quick. I thought there was a lot of stuff happening and I was really enjoying it and then near the end all the different plots went crazy and it was amazing. Loved it so much and can't wait to continue the series!
Jonathan

Note

Before reading the rest of this review I'd like to note that this is a two part review with notes from a first reading and a second reading. Like with any fantasy epic beginning this entire work starts out slowly but this second part becomes much faster and more readable. I encourage reading of this book, because as noted later it was my favourite book read in 2012 and I have been eagerly waiting for this novel almost as much as I awaited the finale of The Wheel of Time.

In short I wanted to
Warda
Dec 01, 2016 Warda rated it it was amazing
So, now that I've calmed down (not really!) I'm going to try and attempt to review this book. Don't get you hopes up though. I doubt I'll do it justice.
The scope of this series is too massive for me to provide you with an adequate synopsis. It's going to become a 10 book series (thank God for that!), and we've probably just about scratched the surface with 2 books released so far out of 10.

This book, which has been split into two parts, because of its enormity, follows a set of characters, com
Elena
May 18, 2015 Elena rated it it was amazing
I feel like every single book by Brandon Sanderson that I read is better than the previous one... How is that even possible?
Krbo
May 12, 2015 Krbo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tužno, tužno.

Tužno je kad ovakva knjiga završi - tako sam je halapljivo pročitao da slobodno mogu još jednom od početka.

Da, svakako najbolji Sanderson do sada (mada me je najviše dotakla Hugom nagrađena The Emperor’s Soul)
Struktura pisanja je slična Mistbornu, imamo poglavlja s zanimljivim grafikama iza čega slijede pomalo misteriozni citati (do kraja prvog dijela slabo ćemo saznati tko nam se obraća i zašto)
Skoro svako poglavlje se bavi drugim od glavnih likova (imamo ih nekoliko) no nije doslj
Liviu Szoke
Am intuit faptul că această primă parte a seriei Stormlight Archive este cel mai bun volum scris de Brandon Sanderson pe care l-am citit, iar acest lucru s-a adeverit când am terminat și partea a doua: Calea Regilor, volumul doi, un mamut de 800 de pagini, plus volumul unu, încă 650 de pagini, alcăutuiesc debutul uneia dintre cele mai interesante și mai ample povești fantasy aflate acum pe piață. Regi luptători, cavaleri în armuri strălucitoare care l-ar face invidios și pe Iron Man, podari supe ...more
Emina
Možda u narednih par dana uspijem skuckati nešto smisleno, sad ne ide. Genijalno, super, nevjerovatno.. je sve što mogu da sročim :D
Veći je problem što nemam pojma šta čitati sad, definitvo imam "book hangover"!
Saša
Dec 14, 2014 Saša rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nazalost, zavrsih Put Kraljeva. :)
Nema tu sta da se kaze, sem da oba dela cine najbolju knjigu ove godine za mene.
Cista desetka, preporuka svima !!!
Simona Stoica
Jun 01, 2016 Simona Stoica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recenzie completă: http://palarisme.ro/chef/carti/recenz...

1. OMGOMGOMG.
2. Nu m-a intrigat atât de mult primul volum, dar al doilea este ahahskdkfkflf.
3. Jasnah este magnifică. O ador.
4. Dalinar este Ned Stark. Sper să aibă o soartă diferită.
5. IUBESC Podul Patru.
6. A aparut în câteva capitole, dar Szeth e preferatul meu. Nici eu nu pot explica de ce.
7. Capitolul intitulat Turnul este incredibil. Mi-au tremurat mâinile.
8. Pe Sadeas l-am detestat de la început. Ura mea a crescut exponențial.
9. Ad
Hasham Rasool
In the beginning of part two was a lot faster and the readers already know the basic background stories of each character.

Jasnah does intrigued me. Shallan is a very good character.

I love the way Sanderson created Roshar, write this book and development each character.

I notice that the mother and the daughter (Navani and Jasnah) are quite different but some ways they are similar.

The chemistry between Dalinar and Navani are quite good. If Navani wasn't the wife of the late king Gavilar then Dali
Hannah
May 31, 2013 Hannah rated it it was amazing
Firstly, I have to say I'm going to treat Part One and Part Two as the same book, because they are! Therefore my review for each will be the same.

I ate this book! About halfway through Part One I ordered Part Two, but I finished Part One so fast that I had to wait for Part Two to arrive and that was painful! So my advice is - if, after the first chapter of Part One, you are enjoying it order Part Two right then! I haven't finished such a large book so quickly for a long time. This is the kind of
Becki
Well the ending blew my mind. This might just be my favourite by Brandon Sanderson so far!
Maria
Aug 02, 2016 Maria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
★★★★★★★★★★

Dacă prima carte a fost frumoasă, fantastică și minunată, a doua e… FABULOASĂ! Fabuloasă, uluitoare, magnifică, emoționantă, PERFECTĂ.

Nu știu, nu îmi pot închipui câtă răbdare a investit Sanderson în crearea Roshar-ului, cum a reușit să drămuiască fiecare element, fiecare amănunt, fiecare acțiune, cum a desenat treptat povestea fiecărui personaj astfel încât totul să se contopească la final și cititorul să rămână în stare de șoc: "Aaaa… Deci, de asta…omg, omg, omg!!!"

description

Mi-a plăcut atât
Daisy
Apr 19, 2012 Daisy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites, fantasy
I didn't intend on reading this book in one day, especially right before an exam, but it was simply too good to put down. Brandon Sanderson has created something wonderful, a tumultuous world that on the verge of collapse, and the Stormlight Archive is fast becoming one of my favourite epic fantasy series.

It is rich in almost every way and so much attention to detail is paid in respects to minor elements that you don’t often find in other novels. Continuing on from part one, it served as a perf
Craig "NEEDS MORE DAMN TIME TO READ !!!!"
Can I give six stars instead? Or ten? Thoroughly enjoyed this book. A brief recap of part one was that I actually DNF'd this series as I couldn't get into it but I eventually came back to it, finished it and liked it. So, part two of book one, wow, much better in the respects of action and plotting. We now see where part one was taking us, especially towards the end, bam, bam action, bam, bam plot point and so on. On top of all that is the sense of where the story as a whole is heading...so glad ...more
An
Dec 30, 2016 An rated it it was amazing
Ik heb nog zoveel boeken liggen die ik moet lezen, maar verdorie, ik wil de rest lezen van deze! Echt verhalen om volledig in op te gaan, in een totaal andere wereld :-)
Goran Zidar
Apr 05, 2012 Goran Zidar rated it it was amazing
I have read a lot of people complaining about the size of this book. The number of characters, the extent of the world building, the frequent flashbacks. What I don’t understand is why they find those things to be negatives. Yes there are characters that only appear in a single chapter. Yes there is a prelude as well as a prologue. Yes there are multiple storylines that don’t seem to have any relationship to each other but that is what makes this an epic.

There are calls to cut down the size of t
Marielle Ooms-Voges
Oct 04, 2015 Marielle Ooms-Voges rated it it was amazing
I am in love with Kaladin Stormblessed and Dalinar Kholin... I will start with the next book immediately!!
Mélanie D.
Mar 08, 2016 Mélanie D. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
(Spoilers hidden, don't worry!)
You know, when I finished reading the Mistborn trilogy, I thought that was it. That nothing would ever make me feel like that, those damn feels. Even though I really love the following Mistborn novels, they are what they are, that is to say short novels to make the bridge between the first and second Mistborn trilogy.
I am so damn glad I was wrong. The Way of Kings. The Stormlight Archive. This is a fairly new series born in the magical genius brain of Mr Sanderson.
May 24, 2015 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Und wieder spinnt Brandon Sanderson seine Fäden auf brilliante Weise weiter, greif teile der Geschichte auf, die zuvor eher nebensächlich erschienen und macht sie zur Priorität, so wie er auch der Vergangenheit der Charaktere in der Gegenwart eine wichtige Rolle zu gedenkt. Nichts was dieser Autor schreibt ist unbedacht und seine Detailverliebtheit zeigt einmal mehr, dass man alles nur gut miteinander verknüpfen muss, so dass kein Fitzelchen Geschichte unnütz wirkt.

Es geht weiter wie bisher und
Nayeomi
Apr 09, 2015 Nayeomi rated it really liked it
Brandon Sanderson's writing is lengthy and detailed, meticulously creating the fantastic cosmere world that this book revolves around. Altho it is a massive book, i did enjoy reading it.. all the characters are solid and no fuzzy edges, they are all well written believable characters with different fears, struggles and life triumphs. This book has kept my interest all through out especially with the building of the (wretched) life of the local protagonist.

i've had some issues about how (view spo
booksofAhu
Dec 10, 2016 booksofAhu rated it it was amazing
Shelves: english
This is the second part of the 1st book. And better. Sanderson created another world with a total new specialities, religion, species etc without repeating himself.
Though this is a book of the genre fantasy, what I love most is how the lessons can apply our daily lives, if you will be able to read between lines. The good, the bad, heroes, villains, friendship, cruelty, honor.. everything that you need for an epic.. And you really like the heroes.. The ancient epics I believe felt like these nov
Tasneem
4.5 stars, I don't believe that I finished it so fast and I didn't feel bordom at any part of it so wow.
I really liked part 2 more than one, and Kaladin became my favorite character ever and Dalinar the second one.
I adored the last battle, it was so fantastic and detailed.
But I hate the end of Dalinar vision about whom the one that was talking with.
But I cannot wait to read the next book and this book proved to me that I can read any big book... So big books wait for me I will read you all..
Annabelle
Mar 18, 2015 Annabelle marked it as tbr
Shelves: owned, high-fantasy
First of all, in what language is this blurb?

Secondly, I had ordered the bind-up edition of the entire first book but it got cancelled because they couldn't find it and I had to order, then, the two parts. But I have already ordered the second book in a bind-up and it's going to be taller and they won't freaking match. *clenches fist*

Anyway, my Sanderson collections seems to be growing by the minute.
Mieneke
Jun 13, 2011 Mieneke rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, 2011
One of the most buzzed about releases of 2010, The Way of Kings is the first in a projected ten book series called the Stormlight Archive. And to be honest, I wasn't planning on starting this series, not until there were at least several instalments of the book out and a reasonable chance of the series being finished. Because, let's face it, big name epic fantasy series running over a trilogy are challenged these days – *cough* George R.R. Martin *cough* Peter V. Brett *cough* Scott Lynch *cough ...more
Mark Harrison
Jan 14, 2017 Mark Harrison rated it it was amazing
Part two and it even surpasses the first book in this epic saga. Bridge Four battle incredible adversity to try and keep their team alive, the troubled Brightlord tries to fathom mysterious visions and treacherous alleged allies and the duplicitous Shallan must plot an escape with a stolen item of magic. Simply one of the best and most original fantasy series I have read. Totally unputdownable.
Muhammad Ahmed Siddiqui
Dec 28, 2016 Muhammad Ahmed Siddiqui rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Every Fantasy Reader
Recommended to Muhammad by: Zarish Fatima
This is a combined review of THE STORMLIGHT ARCHIVE 1-2

If you think there is only Game of Thrones? think again

In my humble opinion, this series is somewhat a first cousin of A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE

The year is ending and I haven't find enough suitable words to explain how I feel about this series. It has plot within plots. Characters well crafted. Engaging illustrations. The thing that bores me personally is lots of details without any characters interaction or dialog but the author here provide
Melanie
Nov 18, 2016 Melanie rated it it was amazing
Brandon Sanderson, what have you done to me! I officially sound like a super huge fantasy geek. I guess I always knew I had fantasy nerd tenancies, but I've mostly kept that all to myself. Truly, the other day I found myself in a serious-faced conversation with another mom after she asked me quiet casually what book I'm reading... and the flood gates opened people! I just couldn't hide it any longer. "Oh, I said, I'm reading this 1000 page amazing book where there are three main characters you f ...more
Aristan Douvall
May 18, 2014 Aristan Douvall rated it liked it
Still a nice original world, though the book is at least 200 pages too long. There are too many sequences that seem to serve no purpose. I also got very weary of all the angst on the part of Shallan and Kaladi wrt hiding their powers. This was fine for a while, though it became a ridiculous at some point. That said, I will still read book three.
Cover Image 2 47 Jun 09, 2011 09:13AM
  • O Medo do Homem Sábio - Parte 2 (A Crónica do Regicida, Livro 2 - Parte 2)
  • Distinctions: Prologue to Towers of Midnight
  • Inuyasha, Volume 03 (VIZBIG Edition)
  • Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind: The Complete Series
  • Voice of the Gods (Age of the Five, #3)
  • The Great Bazaar & Brayan's Gold
  • Warlord (Hythrun Chronicles: Wolfblade, #3)
  • City of Ruin (Legends of the Red Sun, #2)
  • A Dance with Dragons: After the Feast (A Song of Ice and Fire #5, Part 2 of 2)
  • One Piece: East Blue 10-11-12, Vol. 4 (One Piece: Omnibus, #4)
  • The Crown of the Conqueror
  • Lilith (Uralte Metropole, #2)
  • Shadow and Betrayal (Long Price Quartet, #1-2)
Brandon’s major books for the second half of 2016 are The Dark Talent, the final volume in Alcatraz Smedry’s autobiographical account of his battle against the Evil Librarians who secretly rule our world, and Arcanum Unbounded, the collection of short fiction in the Cosmere universe that includes the Mistborn series and the Stormlight
Archive, among others. This collection features The Emperor’s S
More about Brandon Sanderson...

The Stormlight Archive (10 books)
  • The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive, #1)
  • Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive, #2)
  • Oathbringer (The Stormlight Archive, #3)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #4)
  • Highprince of War (The Stormlight Archive, #5)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #6)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #7)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #8)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #9)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #10)

“Beards were like axehound pups. Boys dreamed of the day they'd get one, never realizing how annoying they could be.” 2 likes
“So they put the gold in bags and slung them on the ponies, who were not at all pleased about it.” 0 likes