Start by marking “Max Capacity Training: How Unconventional Workouts Can Turn Minutes Into Muscles” as Want to Read:

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Max Capacity Training will teach you how to get the most out of your workouts. You’ll be introduced to a complete plan based on 3 innovative time delimited protocols. In an hour a week, you will sculpt your body with 48 strength building bodyweight exercises. You will discover the 5 principles of eating right and how to apply them in real life. In this book, you’ll also le...more
Published January 1st 2011 by Intelligent Laziness

To ask other readers questions about Max Capacity Training, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Max Capacity Training

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead
Very quick, easy read. I read it one night, and I felt like I already knew everything in there regarding eating right. However, the 48 strength building bodyweight exercises were very interesting and I'm willing to give them a try. I gave the book 3 stars since it didn't seem to be nothing new but if the exercises in the book seem to be making a difference, I'll up my rating after a month!
Eddie
I received this book for my birthday on Sunday. I asked for it after it was "recommended" to me on Amazon. As a law enforcement officer, working odd shifts and hours, I have taken to bodyweight training because it allows me to train at home and, usually, with little to no equipment. I read the book over 1 day. I'm extremely impressed with it! Firstly, it requires zero equipment other than an interval timer. A second-hand on a clock would probably work too.

The program is a 3-day a week workout, d...more
Jodi
This is a very quick read that covers basic good nutrition, identifies barriers to change, and promotes a calisthenics-based workout.

What I like: the nutrition advice is overall sound; the author recommends consuming a balanced diet with plenty of protein, moderate carbs and fat. It sounds close to The Zone diet. Fresh, healthy foods are emphasized and the author to his credit does not recommend supplements unless someone absolutely can not meet their requirements by following a healthy diet.

Wh...more
Nicholas Ladieu
I've not started the workout but the methodology is valid. The workout seems easy to follow and kudos for not using ANY equipment.

There is a free iPhone app and the PDF for the book was a free download. This is a high quality product. It has grammar and spelling errors typical of independent authors, but less than most and I did not find it distracting.

The author makes a compelling case that high intensity exercise at maximum effort is the most effective method of getting in shape. When you cons...more
Hope
Right off the bat, let me just say I am pretty sure I am not the target audience for this book - I am a woman, and I like spending time at the gym, doing cardio and weights. It is written by a guy, for a guy. It may not say that explicitly, but that is the general vibe I get from it. The author isn't a trainer or fitness expert; he's an efficiency guy who doesn't want to waste time at the gym. The overall tone comes off as a cocky guy who was able to do something cool, and thinks everyone should...more
Donna
Normally, I would neither review nor rate a fitness book without trying at least some of the exercises, but I am, at present, convalescing from a hysterectomy and cannot try any now, nor probably no small amount of time. I enjoyed Samy's laid back approach to a subject he is dead serious about, that is obvious: this is not a guy who lets things slide, but he'll give you a break too, or at least have a sense of humor about it. I would have to agree with another reviewer who felt sure this book wa...more
Scott Rowar
If you're short on time and want to get fit, this book is for you. It's very easy to read and unusually entertaining for the genre. I found it to be a straight talk, here-are-the-facts kinda book. It's divided into 2 sections: exercise and nutrtion. The workouts last 16 minutes and are VERY instense! You will be sore for a few days the first time you try it. The nutrition part pretty much tells you to eat healthy foods, so it's hard to argue there. The book's website (MaxCapacityTraining.com) is...more
Bianca
A very effective and timely exercise program for beginners and intermediates who want to get into shape, tone, or lose some weight. The brief and effective program uses only body weight to achieve the desired results. Peyret cuts through the scientific jargon and explains why exercise works and why this program works, using scientific studies as support for his program. He admits that if you have other goals, this is a starting ground of an easy 20 minutes 3 times a week. It is a very good progr...more
Red
I won a copy of this book in a Goodreads giveaway.

It's an easy read, written in a very casual and straightforward manner. Peyret lays out a fitness plan combining sensible eating with a series of short, but strenuous workouts. All the exercises can be done at home without equipment.

I haven't yet figured out how to fit the workouts into my existing routine, but I'm looking forward to giving it a try, perhaps when the weather turns and I'm spending less time running outdoors.
Pete
I haven't bought the book, Amazon recommended it when I was looking at Max Contraction Training.
In the comment section someone said go to the website(google). I did and I recommend it too. Gives a 36 day workout plan that takes 16 minutes/3 times a week. Fits well with my experience and research.
3 stars because I haven't got it, but website is good.
Brenda Knight
I won a copy of this book from GoodReads.com. Thanks!
I gifted this book to my son as he is really into fitness. He said the book was really interesting. He can't wait to start applying the information. The diagrams for each action were much appreciated and very helpful.
Laura Michelson
I liked the author's sense of humor in this book. I thought he had good ideas about working out on a limited time schedule. I also liked that he had good nutritional information. He ex laird things well. I think this is book that anyone can gain some knowledge from.
Lynne
May 20, 2011 Lynne added it
I won this book for free through Goodreads First Reads. Thank you.

I received the book yesterday and read it already. Easy straight forward reading. I will come back to write more after a few weeks of trying this training. Thanks.
Francisco
If you want to start an exercise routine today, look no further. Programs are simple to follow and detailed. Take into account that this is not an treatise on the matter.

Real good, though.
Brian Rashap
Good work out book...just starting to try the techniques... new stuff is always fun. Question is...like always...will it keep my interest.
Christine Jensen
I like the concept. Haven't put the concept into action yet though, so not sure of the results.
Marianvs
easy to understand and straight forward.
Spoorthi Gururaj
Spoorthi Gururaj marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Jevahn
Jevahn added it
May 03, 2014
Carol Gill
Carol Gill marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014