Start by marking “The Timeless Swing” as Want to Read:
The Timeless Swing

The Timeless Swing

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Tom Watson, a few months short of his sixtieth birthday, led the 2009 British Open with one hole to play and came within an unlucky bounce of winning it for the sixth time. His stunning performance electrified the golf world and showcased a swing that has endured as a model of good mechanics, rhythm, and repeatability.
     In The Timeles
Published March 29th 2011 by Atria Books (first published March 23rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Timeless Swing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Timeless Swing

Kemper
I’ve played just enough golf to appreciate what a difficult and evil game it is, and while I’ll sometimes watch the last round of a major championship, I don‘t spend a lot of time following it. Thanks to middle-age and sand volleyball leaving me with one good shoulder and one good knee, I think it’s unlikely that I’ll be playing 18 holes again anytime soon. Yet I bought a book about improving your golf swing.

Actually, I wanted the book because Tom Watson is one of the sports gods of Kansas City
Dave
Tom Watson not only has a timeless swing, he's written a timeless instruction book, too. He and collaborator Nick Seitz (along with photographer Dom Furore) have produced a collection of straightforward, clearly illustrated concepts that will help golfers of all levels. It's all packaged in a clean, clever design that makes it a pleasure to thumb through as well as read.

Watson's style as an instructor mirrors his style of play. There's no double-talk or jargon; no overlap between knowledge and
Joseph
The Timeless Swing is a highly useful instructional book, that breaks down the golf swing and why certain elements are necessary as well as how to hone/correct those aspects. The Kindle version also contains videos of the author with examples of these elements.

It is also an entertaining mini-biography looking back at his own golf resume.
Webb Henderson
Best core concepts: bottom of the swing arc and spine angle. He really drives these points home (and they seem to be heavily overlooked by many swing coaches). Otherwise it's mostly common / beginner fundamentals and some good drills.
Brad Larsen
This is no "Little Red Book" or "Five Lessons", but it was a terrific read. Tips were general enough to work with any swing but specific enough to provide many things to work on at the range. Easy read.
Ariele
Awesome instructional guide with really helpful pictures. Information is just as good as the classics, but updated for the current player. Enhanced eBook is amazing, with video instruction. For every golfer!
Burt
A review of the fundamentals, with not a word on putting, chipping or sand play. I didn't read about any new nuggets either.
Erich
Erich marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Dan Rowe
Dan Rowe marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2013
Larry Bonislawski
Larry Bonislawski marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2013
Dan Campbell
Dan Campbell marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2013
Chris Lydiksen
Chris Lydiksen marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2013
Peterules83
Peterules83 marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2012
Tom Watson is a British Labour Party politician, who has been an MP for West Bromwich East (London) since 2001. Deputy Chair of the Labour Party, he has spoken out on organ donation, against the digital economy act and is and a key member of the Culture, Media and Sport Select Committee that helped to bring the News of the World's phone hacking to light.
More about Tom Watson...
Stick Dog Chases a Pizza I Love Lucy: The Classic Moments Causewired: Plugging In, Getting Involved, Changing the World Dial M for Murdoch: News Corporation and the Corruption of Britain 60 Hikes Within 60 Miles: Minneapolis and St. Paul: Includes Hikes in and Around the Twin Cities