Start by marking “Through the Rabbit Hole” as Want to Read:
Through the Rabbit Hole

Through the Rabbit Hole

3.89  ·  Rating Details  ·  37 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Social worker Natalie Danvers never thought she would fall head first into her very own dimensional tear, straight into a fey lord's lap. The handsome but infuriatingly vague Lorh insists she's stuck in his land for three weeks and that only she can discover the reasons behind her appearance in TirAnn. Natalie's convinced this is all nonsense until forgotten memories of Lo ...more
Nook
Published April 25th 2011 by Astraea Press (first published April 24th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Through the Rabbit Hole, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Through the Rabbit Hole

Linda
Aug 04, 2011 Linda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What Does Natalie Danvers Do When Caught Up In A Rainstorm And No Umbrella, With Purple Lightening Besides Head For The Shop Across The Street? As She Ran, She Felt The Emptiness Of Space And As She Looked Down All She Saw Was A Black Void! Out Of The Corner Of Her Eye, She Saw The Purple Lightening Advance Toward Her And Suddenly She Pitched Head First Into A Black Hole And Landed In The Lap Of A Seated Man, If That Was What He Was With His Bright Purple Eyes And Pointed Ears!

Lohr Had Waited Fo
Tishia (Paperback Opinion)
Through the Rabbit Hole was a really neat story! At novella length, the story has no time for dull moments – it was interesting the whole way through. It's about a 27 year old woman named Natalie who falls through a dimensional tear into a land of Fey. Natalie has no idea how or why she has gotten there, and the Fey Lord Lorh won't give her any answers. He continuously tells her that she needs to figure out the answers on her own, which is frustrating to say the least!

Natalie slowly starts havin
Lexie
When I'm anxious I read, so this novella came into my inbox at the perfect time. At first the tone of the story and the pacing is awkward and a little jumbled, I found myself just as confused as Natalie with what was going on even though I knew it had to do with the dimensional tear. Later in the story Lorh explains why it was so weird and disconcerting, but on first reading it hurts the brain a little.

I liked Natalie, I thought she was perfectly justified in her reaction to suddenly being tosse
Leah Sanders
Nov 10, 2012 Leah Sanders rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've had this on my reader for a while. Love the cover and the title, but I've been so busy I haven't had much time for recreational reading. Today I found myself with some time but wanted something that wasn't going to be so long I'd have to set it down in the middle. Wow! I am so glad I picked this! Kept me intrigued and engrossed the whole way through. Love how the author handled the memory flashes and how it all wove together to show the complete picture of how Natalie came to find herself i ...more
Englishrose
May 10, 2011 Englishrose rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is definitely an original story and captivating. Though not an intensely intricate plot, the author managed to create conflict and excitement throughout the story. I'll admit to wishing for more details and more events along the way, but it was a delightful read nonetheless. Natalie was a realistic character who fights with overwhelming concepts and desires she doesn't understand. Lohr is a complex man who tries so hard to allow Natalie the time she needs, despite the cost. A great love sto ...more
Gunnar
Jan 19, 2012 Gunnar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
This is a clever, clever novella. The characters are endearing, although I'd love to see them a bit better fleshed, and the writer's style is smooth and easy to enjoy once she hits her stride. The fey world, frankly, is so interesting that I wish we'd seen more of it through additional worldbuilding. If Lisa Kumar's motto is, "Leave them wanting more," as in wanting to read the next book, she's certainly succeeded here.
T.M. Hobbs
Feb 11, 2012 T.M. Hobbs rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves a sweet fantasy romance.
Jessica Bronder
Jul 15, 2013 Jessica Bronder rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Natalie is on her way home after a horrible day. When she goes to cross the street, she ends up falling into a puddle. She comes out the other side, she lands in the lap of a handsome fae. Lorh is the lord of the castle and he tells Natalie has three weeks to decide if she wants to stay with him.

Natalie has mixed feelings. While she is with Lorh’s children she feels a connection to them but she doesn’t know if she really wants to stay. Then there are the flashbacks. She starts having visions tha
The Pen & Muse
Natalie’s life is humdrum and disappointing until a freak thunderstorm sweeps her into an alternate reality where a strange group of beings are waiting and hoping for her to remember them.

Lisa Kumar presents an interesting conundrum, a choice between two worlds, one exotic and beguiling, the other dull and routine; a choice between a manipulative but attractive suitor, and a loveless and lonely life.

Once you understand the basic scenario there are no twists or surprises; if you want action, ten
Jennifer Zuna
May 08, 2012 Jennifer Zuna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
With a title like this I expected this story to have some kind of reference to Alice In Wonderland. This story has nothing to do with that one though. This is a short novella about the crossover between the human and fey world. This is a sweet story of love that spans time and worlds. The characters are charming and pull at your heart. The author definitely leaves you wanting more and I'm already on the hunt for more of her works.
This was a very quick read. Not very long of a book. I did enjoy this book, however it wasn't something that I would bring up to my fellow book buddies as a reading suggestion. The story was interesting, but I pretty much had it figured out from the beginning and found it to be very predictable.
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2015
Maria Ravelo
Maria Ravelo marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2015
Cait MacFusty
Cait MacFusty rated it it was ok
Oct 05, 2015
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
Kristi Walker
Kristi Walker rated it it was ok
Oct 22, 2015
Cindy Warner
Cindy Warner marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Joy Warrener
Joy Warrener marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Jessica-lynn
Jessica-lynn rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2014
Beckie
Beckie rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2014
Liliana Diaconescu
Liliana Diaconescu marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Lana Jackson
Lana Jackson marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
♠jen
♠jen marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Cherry
Cherry is currently reading it
Oct 13, 2014
K.A. Tomasovich
K.A. Tomasovich rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2014
Daniella
Daniella marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
jamie griffin
jamie griffin rated it it was ok
Jul 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
There is a copy of Through the Rabbit Hole up for grabs here 1 4 Aug 15, 2011 09:12PM
Lisa Kumar is a wife, mother, and romance writer who grew up in small-town Indiana. She now resides in the suburbs of Chicago with her husband and son, who are used to sharing her attention with her not-so-trusty computer.

When not spinning tales of romance and fantasy, she can be found with her nose buried in a book, or more accurately, her e-reader. Her scholastic background is in psychology, wh
More about Lisa Kumar...