Start by marking “Starting Your Marriage Right: What You Need to Know in the Early Years to Make It Last a Lifetime” as Want to Read:

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  11 reviews
The Raineys offer an upbeat and practical manual for marriage to guide couples through the challenges they face as they start their lives together.
Published May 1st 2000 by Thomas Nelson (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Starting Your Marriage Right, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Starting Your Marriage Right

Larissa Langsather
I enjoyed this book even though my husband didn't read it with, but I plan to bring up all the subjects in the book periodically with him. This is a great book for newly married peoples.
I first read this book when George and I were talking seriously about marriage. We read it together as a study after a year of marriage. The book is broken into chapters that are only a few pages with thought/discussion questions at the end. Perfect for a weekly study. It's what got us started on praying together every night. Something else I recommend for every married couple.
Filled with good advice for any marriage, this study style book is broken into short chapters. Each one deals with a different subject, money, sex, in-laws, etc. and includes discussion questions at the end. Some information is repetitive, but still relevant. The big themes are respect, love, making Christ the center of your marriage and letting go of selfish desires.
Kayla Colyer
I enjoyed reading this book even though my husband didn't read it with me. I shared a few things with him here and there, which is kind of how I felt about the book. I marked a few things to reference when things come up but some of it was so "planned" and we are just not like that. Overall, being five years into marriage and finally reading this, I just liked it.
A lot of useful information about how to get through struggles and how to build on appreciating one's spouse. A lot of emphasis on communication. The author views marital conflict as something inevitable but has reassures that they could be placated through the right approach.
Great book to read this your husband or wife! It has little exercise at the end of each chapter.
Megan Wheat
There's nothing you couldn't get from this book that other, better books don't provide.
devotional type book with lots of good discussion ideas. i love this one.
Has some good tips, but it is definitely for the Christian couple.
Great Book for anyone who is recently married or thinking of getting married soon.
Rachelle Rea
Rachelle Rea is currently reading it
Nov 27, 2015
Lisa Fultz
Lisa Fultz marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2015
Jessica Kopp
Jessica Kopp marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2015
Ayenn Gallardo
Ayenn Gallardo marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
James Green
James Green marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Karina Litt
Karina Litt marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Ellyn Koury
Ellyn Koury marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Julia marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
FROM FAMILY LIFE WEBSITE: Dennis Rainey is president, CEO and cofounder of FamilyLife, a division of Campus Crusade for Christ. Since the organization began in 1976, Dennis' vibrant stewardship has enabled FamilyLife to grow into a dynamic and vital ministry that offers families blueprints for living godly lives.

Dennis has written and co-written more than a dozen books including Staying Close, wh
More about Dennis Rainey...