Start by marking “Devil Did Grin (Gods of Chaos #1)” as Want to Read:
Devil Did Grin (Gods of Chaos #1)

Devil Did Grin (Gods of Chaos #1)

3.82  ·  Rating Details  ·  285 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
[Siren Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Fantasy Romance, M/M, gods]

A top male model, Rayne Everest lived a life anyone would envy. Letting his arrogance get away from him and slapping one of the nine Gods of Chaos probably wasn’t his smartest move. His beauty and wealth taken from him, he’s dumped on the streets with no idea how to survive on his own, and only thirty da
Published April 28th 2011 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Devil Did Grin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Devil Did Grin

Serena Yates
Jul 20, 2011 Serena Yates rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay
I must admit that the title of this series, Gods of Chaos, intrigued me from the first time I saw this book. It seemed to promise a higher than normal percentage of twists in the story and that made me curious. Luckily, this turned out to be true and the number of surprises, twist and truly chaotic situations was a delight. Add to this the quirky characters and the sheer humor of the situation and this quickly became a very fun book to read. An interesting variation on the ‘thou shalt be cursed ...more
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
This was so cheesy. I loved that about it. It's actually quite funny. When Raine is still his evil self and witnesses giving behavior:
Rayne didn’t know what to think. Dante’s generosity went against every principle he held close. You didn’t offer a hand to the less fortunate. You stepped on them and crawled over them as you climbed your way to the top."
A few paragraphs later,
Some little voice in the back of his head berated him for extorting Dante’s giving nature, but he duct taped the little ba
Karel
Feb 01, 2013 Karel rated it really liked it
Shelves: nomance
This was supposed to be a bad book.

This was supposed to be a bad book, dammit.

And alright, I know how that sounds. Stack the deck against an author much? Unfair prejudice much? But it's true - it emits all the signals of being a bad book. It's by Siren Publishing, notorious publisher of meh books. The author's done a few colabs/series with the likes of Stormy Glenn, Joyee Flynn etc., so naturally I put her in the same category as them. You know, the meh category.

Except this wasn't meh.

This has a
Tamarrion Lash
May 07, 2011 Tamarrion Lash rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
Очень миленькая, забавная история. Имена богов Хаоса позабавили отдельно: Gordost, Zavist, Pathos. :) Не то, чтобы ты совсем не попал, Пятачок, ты не попал в шарик :))) Ну, будем надеяться, что русскоязычных читателей у этой книги будет не так, чтобы очень много.
Ter
May 04, 2011 Ter rated it it was amazing
Wonderful start to a new series.
Vicktor Alexander
Aug 18, 2011 Vicktor Alexander rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: M/M Romance Group
Oh man I loved this book! There were so many twists and turns, unexpected events, and drama where you wouldn't think drama would be.

Rayne is the quintessential arrogant, supermodel prick, who thought he was entitled to everything. Dante is the hardworking, everyone-is-basically-good, compassionate, understanding, overgrown teddybear who owns his own construction company.

When Rayne is cursed by a God of Chaos to lose his money, fame and his perceived beauty, he thinks it's the end of the world. W
Honey
May 12, 2011 Honey rated it it was amazing
Rayne Everest's life changes radically when he is cursed by a god of chaos to give up his perfect life and learn about compassion and humility. When he’s made to leave his house; his past life behind him, with only the clothes on his back and his physical appearance unrecognisable, the huge wake up call eventually leads him to big Italian heartthrob Dante.

In just the first couple of pages, Rayne came off as the biggest prick ever. He was arrogant, stuck up and condescending and I wanted nothing
Candice
Feb 07, 2014 Candice rated it really liked it
Rayne and Dante. I really liked them :) I liked seeing Rayne change. I love this concept of reformations and the Gods of Chaos are awesome!
adrienne
Mar 14, 2012 adrienne rated it liked it
typical gabrielle evans serial romance. nothing fantastic, nothing so bad it can't be finished. what is typical gabrielle evans? imagine a shorter harlequin romance but with no t&a (see, i was going to write no surprise pregnancies, but... yeah.).

out of sheer laziness, i will be using this as my template for all books by :
sunny day
lynn hagen
stormy glenn
scarlett hyacinth
carol lynne
gabrielle evans

unless otherwise noted. i'd apologize, but i'm not sorry. i figure it's about as much time as the
Rachel
May 08, 2011 Rachel rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this first book in a series from an author who is quickly becoming one of my favorites! It's sortof a gay, modern twist on Beauty and the Beast a little bit, and I really enjoyed the characters and story. I did think that the ending was a bit rushed because there was just too much packed in there and I wish I hadn't read this right after another book from this author, Race the Sun, because that one was still very fresh in my mind and is still my favorite story from her for sure. I'm lo ...more
Shannon
Nov 12, 2015 Shannon rated it really liked it
This was actually much better than I was expecting. Of course it had a certain level of ridiculousness but it was still very sweet. We have a snotty model who was turned into a cute twink and a burly construction worker that was once the love of his life. Of course he was. He takes the poor homeless, ex-model twink home with him and well, you know. Sounds dumber than it was though. :P
Bookbee
The premise for this book was good - an erotic fairytale, if you will. But, damn, it needed at least a good proof-reader. Then & than - not the same thing; new & knew - not interchangeable; and a car without a brake will break in no time! These are simple errors that should be caught long before the book is offered for sale!

Sorry, but this is a HUGE peeve of mine!
Pam
Jun 05, 2011 Pam rated it really liked it
This first release in the the new Gods of Chaos series was a fun and entertaining read and the premise unusual and creative. I'd give it a 4.5 if the system used a half star designation. I'm looking forward to the next release.(less)
Marsha Spence
May 28, 2011 Marsha Spence rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-para
Really enjoyed this! It's all about redemption.
Ashley Cox
Apr 29, 2011 Ashley Cox rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Quick read and really cute :)
Randy Wiggins
Jan 16, 2012 Randy Wiggins rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wicked fun and very sexy.
Davina
Jul 20, 2011 Davina rated it liked it
Shelves: own-ebook
i like but nothing too knew
Kara Commins
Kara Commins marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Luciana
Luciana rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2016
Trisha
Trisha added it
Jan 28, 2016
L.G.
L.G. marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Tera
Tera marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
Nadine Linter
Nadine Linter rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2016
Terri
Terri rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2016
Christina
Christina rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Pamela
Pamela rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2016
Shannon Flynn
Shannon Flynn marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2015
Alex Reid
Alex Reid is currently reading it
Dec 26, 2015
  • Scales And A Tail (Midnight Matings #2)
  • Sheriff Found (Hiding Hounds #1)
  • Oliver's Heart (Brac Pack #6)
  • Kissed by Death (Kissed by an Immortal, #1)
  • Tasty Treats, Volume 3 (Includes: Wolf Creek Pack, #3, Includes: Triple Trouble, #.1)
  • Worth a Shot (FIT Guys, #2)
  • Destinies in Darkness, Part 1 (Kaldor Saga, #3)
Gabrielle Evans grew up in a small town in southern Oklahoma. We’re talking one red light that may or may not work depending on the day of the week. She married her high school sweetheart and the rest is pretty much history. They have two very active boys and one high-strung wiener dog that keeps her constantly on the go. For now, Gabrielle parks her car in north-central Texas, but who knows what ...more
More about Gabrielle Evans...

Gods of Chaos (5 books)
  • Dance With The Devil (Gods of Chaos #2)
  • Devil's Playground (Gods of Chaos, #3)
  • The Devil Makes Three (Gods of Chaos #4)
  • Speakin' of the Devil (Gods of Chaos, #5)