マース 2

マース 2 (Mars #2)

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  2,224 ratings  ·  30 reviews
They say that opposites attract, and in the case of artist Kira and biker Rei, that couldn't be more accurate. To innocent Kira, it may seem like a dream come true that the most popular guy in the school is going out with her, but that dream becomes a nightmare when jealous girls start plotting against her. Jealousy leads to desperation, and desperation leads to suicide. K...more
Published September 13th 1996 by 講談社

To ask other readers questions about マース 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about マース 2

Vicky
Rei is the type of guy that Kira couldn't stand; flirty, reckless, and a biker. When a chance encounter leads to Rei saving Kira from a teacher with bad intentions, neither of them know the extent to which the other will impact them.

On the outside, MARS is a typical coming-of-age story centered on the relationship between good girl and a bad boy. But underneath the romance lie stories of suicide, rape and murder; the idea that everyone has a secret to hide, even those who seem most innocent. Wh...more
Song
MARS is an Asian TV-drama worthy story. (And I believe there is a drama based on this manga in the Chinese-drama world!).

And I will admit it....I only picked up this work only because the artwork was emotional. Nobody understands what that means but if you take a look at the mangaka's way of drawing her characters' eyes, it just conveys a lot. Well, that's how I felt when I was a highschooler...I didn't even know how to read/speak Japanese back then!

It's a good drama-romance with some dark, twi...more
cEe beE
Kira is a little too emotional and her name reminds me of Death Note! Lol! But Rei is cool!
Jamie
Read the full review on Cute Peach

Volume 2 opens the doors into Rei's past and begins to show why he's as reckless as he is. Kira has more problems with an art thief over the sketch she promised to someday paint for Rei. I do find it surprising and mildly annoying that after all the effort, the sketch and painting are seemingly abandoned despite being so important. I suppose it turns out that way to show Rei's personality.

It was interesting to see Harumi make a sudden turn around after the threa...more
Michelle. D.
OK, this is for the overall sereis which I finished on January 8, 2011.

Masao is just a phsyco! He is crazy man, I say crazy. WIth all those stuff and the stuff he says and with his mind tricks and anger problems. He's a m******. Though he says that he isn't. He is though. Remember at the end?! He fully is and I don't care what people think. He fully is one.

OMG! It is so horrible what happened to her! D:

The first thing I wanna point out is that Kira cries a lot. She cries when she is happy. She c...more
Spring Holbrook
This volume can be summed up neatly in one word: MELODRAMA. You learn more about the main characters, and get more insight into their problems.

Rei is suspended from school after he attempts to beat up another art student who had stolen one of Kira's compositions. Worried that Rei hasn't shown up for school since the incident, Kira goes to his apartment and they play hooky. In the course of the day, there's a suicide and Rei collapses from some kind of panic attack. Kira nearly panics also, as it...more
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Liking the series more and more. While having something in their past they'd not want to think about, Kira and Rei are a different sort of couple. The art style again is pretty good. Onto the next volume then.
Pauline
Once again the art work is able to convey emotions that would be hard for words to describe. No printed words are needed for numerous pages of this book. I would definitely give this book four stars for the art work if the story was not so cliché.

The story continues to follow Rei and Kira through their high school days. We learn more about their respective lives and what makes them act the way they do and we also learn about side characters. I still find the book a bit on the dark side and too f...more
Nancy
In volume two, this good-girl bad-boy romance continues to develop. As Rei and Kira grow closer they also grow into characters that are more than just the shy artist and the delinquent motorcycle rider. In this volume, we learn more about their lives and get to see some rather sweet romantic moments. Be prepared to be surprised by some of the secondary characters as well!

The second volume of Mars is a nice step up from the first, which was already enjoyable in it's own way. I hope that the serie...more
Trebro
Date read is approximate.

This is an excellent shojo manga about a boy with a bad past that's got "bad boy" and "tragic life" mixed in about equal doses. He falls for an innocent girl, who sees something in him that no one else does. What will become of Rei and Kira?

This does have the usual angst of a shojo, but the writing and the complexity of the characters takes it a notch above the rest. I'd recommend this series to anyone, especially those who aren't big on Manga, as an example of the genr...more
Danica Lamphere
Fantastic and intense manga series, had to reread it because it had been too long.
Leila Anani
In this 2nd volume of the epic 15 book romantic saga, Rei keeps skipping school until Kira goes to find him and bring him back. We learn that he had a twin who committed suicide and a couple of local suicide has brought back painful memories. Rei also goes postal when a rival student steals Kira's sketch of mother and child and passes it off as his own work.

Teen melodrama at its finest with cute artwork. If you like good girl/bad-boy high school romance this is definitely a series to check out.
Starbubbles
While I loved the continous reference to Rei being Mars, or Mars-like; there was little in references that like Rei, there was more to Mars than just violence. Most don't remember that Mars and Venus had a thing too, meaning there was at least a slightly softer side to the god. I thought Kira and Rei mirrored that relationship well, though that would only be something I would pick up on. Now if only there would be a little Cupid flying around, the myth would reach completion.
Sarah Maddaford
This book features more bullying this time with Rei getting into a fight. There is quite a bit of blood and someone's ear gets bitten. I believe there is some language involved too. It wasn't quite what I was expecting this early in the series, but I definitely want to read the next book.
Caroline
Very much like a soap opera at times, but it's actually a good kind of drama rather than the over-the-top angst that one might expect. It's a lot more complex than most of the shojo manga I've read, which made it a very interesting read.
Sarai
Rei promised Kira that he would protect her from anything and everything, but he never knew how soon his chance would come. When a conniving classmate steals Kira's original painting, Rei quickly stands up for her.
Mazohyst
There was this one page that literally sent chills all over my body. It was just such a beautiful scene. The angst never ceases to end, and I love it. Always dramatic, and always emotional, I can't wait to finish it.
Nara Walker
The first longer running shoujo drama I read, it was slow at times, but I enjoyed how the characters relationships will built up over time, I was kind of sad to see it end. The art was great too.
Jessica-Robyn
You can see my review of the complete series (spoiler free I promise) on my blog Reading Robyn
Kristine Pratt
I like the depth to this story - not just to their relationship but to the relationships with those around the couple. Love this series!
Cory
I don't think it's bad, but I'm not a fan of melodrama. Subtlety is not this artist's forte.

2.5 stars.
Patricia
**read them all as they became available. Check out the first volume for my review and description.
Brianna
pretty good. i can see their relationship heating up. i hope how far they will go.
Emma
This just might be the right thing that will get me back into reading....(:
Dayana Gonzalez
Rei is such a bad boy....but he rocks! ♥.♥
Nicole
[see review under volume one:]
Emy
I LOVE THIS SERIES!!!!
Cat
2 down...moving to number 3
  • Paradise Kiss, Volume 4
  • Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 4
  • Marmalade Boy, Vol. 04
  • Peach Girl, Vol. 3 (Peach Girl, #3)
  • Tramps Like Us, Vol. 2
Fuyumi Soryo (惣領 冬実 Sōryō Fuyumi?, born January 6, 1959) is a Japanese manga artist from Beppu, Oita, Japan. She is a graduate of the Oita prefectural Geijutsu Midorigaoka High School.

She was born into the home of a master of the Kanze school of Noh. In her childhood she liked to draw pictures of horses and things but had no special interest in manga. While enrolled in fashion college, she happene...more
More about Fuyumi Soryo...
Mars, Volume 01 Mars, Volume 03 Mars, Volume 04 Mars, Volume 07 Mars, Volume 09