Start by marking “The Witches of the Glass Castle (The Witches of the Glass Castle, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Witches of the Glass Castle (The Witches of the Glass Castle, #1)

The Witches of the Glass Castle (The Witches of the Glass Castle #1)

Mia’s life is thrown through a loop when she discovers her family secret — that she and her brother Dino are witches. After they are sent away to study their craft, they begin down a path that will change their lives forever.

Published September 28th 2011 by Book Guild Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Witches of the Glass Castle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Witches of the Glass Castle

Ben Alderson
Mar 07, 2013 Ben Alderson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
JUST READ THE BOOK FOR A SECOND TIME AND OH MY GOD IT WAS JUST AS GOOD THE SECOND TIME!
I read it in 2.5 hours and it was just wonderful! I am craving the second book now! Only two days to wait!

Come watch my video review and author interview with Gabriella Lepore!

I LOVED THIS BOOK SO MUCH! HANDS DOWN MY MOST LOVED WITCHCRAFT READ!

Arianna
Jul 10, 2014 Arianna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-it, 2015
I love this book so much! I couldn't put it down!! All the characters are amazing and I love the writing style. For anyone who hasn't read this, you should pick it up.
Meret
Dec 04, 2014 Meret rated it it was amazing
After only receiving positive feedback about this book, I finally decided to read it myself. People told me it would be a bit like Harry Potter. Well, for me its definitely not.

The plot is about two siblings, Mia and Dino experiencing that they have witchcraft powers. While not having been told anything about that, they are brought to a special school called the Glass Castle.
Both are trying to develop their special powers there. Unfortunately there also are others things they have to worry abou
Emily Kelly
Dec 09, 2014 Emily Kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-books, 2014
For me, the first quarter was a little bit slow. However, it soon picked up and I found myself yelling at my kindle at times. The twist really got to me and I ended up throwing my kindle onto my bed and yelling at it (in a good way). To me, you know a good book when you start yelling at it and wanting to throw it across the room. I enjoyed it. However, at times, before the twist, it was a bit predictable, but I liked it in the end. I did like Mia and Colt's relationship, but I don't 'ship' them ...more
Isa Al Khalifa
Jul 10, 2014 Isa Al Khalifa rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

I loved this! I loved how it wasn't just following one specific character but all of them. I loved how the story progressed and I loved the ending!
Twin Sisters Rockin' Book Reviews
Overall Rating: 4 Rockin’ ★★★★

Gabriella Lepore's book The Witches of the Glass Castle is a heart warming story of powerful witches, friends, family and finding true love. The story was well written and the characters effectively developed. I was ensnared by the story line immediately and captured by the delightfully crafted characters.

Mia and her brother Dino have just come into their powers as witches. Needing a place to further learn about themselves and the gifts that have been bestowed upon
Chanda
Dec 21, 2014 Chanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So very good. Ms. Lepore is such an amazing author. I made up a play list with songs that seemed to fit the book. It was that good.
Gabriel
Oct 04, 2013 Gabriel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, read-2014
Benjamin recomended this book, so i was pretty excited to read it.
It inst amazing as he said, but it's really good!

The story could have more development when cames to the powers and abilities, but i did enjoy how the author create the world.

The character are adorable. I laugh a lot during Mia and Colts dialogues. Mia's Aunt was hilarious too.

I'm very excited to the next book :D
Sarah Churchill
This book is SO much fun, and a really quick read. The writing and story made it easy to get into, and then before I knew it I'd finished!

In some ways it's a kind of Harry Potter meets XMen world, with young witches spending their summer at the Glass Castle as they discover and develop their powers. There's a mind-reading headmistress of sorts, and a friend group made up of the quirky and the misfits. I like the fact that there are different types of powers, and I love the addition of the Hunte
Gabriella Lepore
Oct 31, 2011 Gabriella Lepore rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Mia’s life is thrown through a loop when she discovers her family secret— that she and her brother Dino are witches. After they are sent away to study their craft, they begin down a path that will change their lives forever.
Suddenly thrust into a world where handsome warriors command the power of nature and people’s thoughts and actions can be manipulated at will, Mia and Dino struggle to navigate their own allegiances and do what they know to be right when everything around them seems beyond t
Kirsty
Apr 28, 2014 Kirsty rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
I read this book awhile ago and to be honest I didn't expect very much. I'd read the blurb and only really bought it because I was on holiday and had nothing else to read.
But I was pleasantly surprised with the book. It took two or three chapters for me to really get into the book but after that I was hooked! It was easy to read faced paced and a different kind of witch book than I've ever read before. I finished think book within the night and would HIGHLY recommend this to anyone!
In fact I'm
Megan Olivier
I talked about this book in my January wrap up video here:
(Source: Purchased from Amazon – used.)
16-year-old Mia and 17-year-old Dino are siblings, and they’ve just survived a fire in their basement. A fire that was started when Mia read some strange words that were written on the wall down there.
Their mother and aunt don’t seem in the least concerned about the fire though, and instead tell them that they are witches!

Mia and Dino are then taken to a strange glass castle owned by a woman called Wendolyn, and left there to learn about witchcraft.
Dino see
Georgi
Aug 03, 2015 Georgi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a brilliant read!!!

Page turner!

Such an intriguing story with so many loveable and great characters.

With a few twists and a few romances involved it was the perfect book.

Loved reading about all the powers a witch could have.

Can't wait to read book 2!!!

5*****
Amanda
Jul 18, 2014 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First let me say I loved this book. I mean I love when a book grabs you pulls you in and makes you want to read it all in one day. One that gives an escape from reality. One that makes you love some of the characters in the book and despise others. One that lets you see something coming but still has you saying OMG when hit happens. Yup that’s what I love in a book. Any one of them will do but this book does it all. I had my moments of laughing out loud and even cried a little (but I’m a cry bab ...more
Sofi Perez
Jun 04, 2014 Sofi Perez rated it it was amazing
Witches, hunters, protected castle, fight for power and to stay true to one's self, good vs evil, forbidden romance... what else could someone ask for? I loved this book! Such a light, fun read! I read it all in just one sitting. The world was very interesting and what the characters were going through and how they reacted to all the different situations forced me to keep reading. I loved the romance in this book! It was slow, cute and just pure perfection! I fell inlove Colt! He was my favorite ...more
Natalie Cole
I am falling in love with Gabriella Lepore! Her writing style is amazing and her stories are phenomenally good. This is the second book I've read by her and I can't wait to read the rest of her books.
Lauren
Oct 18, 2015 Lauren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourite-books
One word = AMAZING
Faye {Daydreaming_Star}
Mar 17, 2012 Faye {Daydreaming_Star} rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rhcb-brunch
This review was originally posted on my blog on 28/05/2012, here

The only problem I had with this book is that it took me too long to actually pick it up and read it. This book had me well and truly captivated from the very first page until the very last one. It starts with a bang, quite literally, and I was just instantly pulled into the story, wanting to know more. It’s a magnificent story that will tug at your heart while you bite your tongue, just wishing you could jump into the world and hel
Tracey (Life and Literature)
"Take a look around. These are your brothers and sisters. United as Arcana."

This book came highly recommended to me by a friend over on Instagram who was hosting a read-a-long, so I decided to jump on board and give it a go. I had one of Gabriella Lepore's other books on my Kindle, but hadn't managed to get around to it yet, so I was excited at the opportunity to read something of hers.

Mia and her brother Dino have their world rocked, when out of the blue they learn that they are both witche
julieta
‘I’m not a Conjurer,’ Blue replied apologetically. ‘I’m a button factory.’

This book was pretty much a fail
Imagine reading a book where the most interesting and funny characters are the secondary ones and they dont even get much screen time. Because: 1)they are secondary characters after all and 2) the book is quite short.

Our protagonists are Mia and Dino (what's with that name?)they discover they are witches and are sent to the glass castle where losts of witches learn and discover their magic
Cheryl Landmark
I may be in the minority here, but this book, despite its intriguing premise, was a bit of a disappointment to me. It started off well and, for the most part, the writing was quite good.

But....

First of all, the "romance". This was by far the most frustrating part of the book for me. I did not like Colt at all, even with his all-too brief glimpses of humanity and vulnerability. It was as though the author was trying too hard to make him into a bad boy whom young women supposedly swoon helplessly
Jenna David
Jan 13, 2015 Jenna David rated it liked it
The book was okay. The story was pretty good overall. I just wasn't a fan of the characters and how they acted. The whole thing was a bit too cheesy and silly for my taste but I'm always a fan of people with powers and all that. I'm not a fan of Mia at all. She acted ridiculous and the romance was too unreal. Colt kind of reminded me of a mix between Jace Herondale and Damon from Vampire Diaries but with more silliness.

I kind of don't understand why they would let the hunters stay at the castle
Maria
I didn't want it to end. I want a sequel! I love the story and it's a shame that it's a stand alone (according to Goodreads of course).

Mia and her brother Dino have just awaken their magic powers. They are going to the Glass Castle in order to educate themselves and unravel their magic powers.

There are two kind of "mages" in the Glass Castle. The Arcana, what Mia and Dino are and the Hunters which are trained warriors said to have no humanity.

They story is so interesting and the writing is so re
Michelle (Bookaholic Banter)
Dec 01, 2014 Michelle (Bookaholic Banter) rated it really liked it
Finally! A story centered around witches!

I love reading supernatural stories and there aren't many out there that center around witches...that I am aware of, any way. I enjoyed reading this story. The story flowed along with ease.

The romance was cute, the villians were sinister, and the witch sisters Cassandra and Madeline werr a riot! This story had a bit of everything. It held my interest and I can't wait to read the next one.

If you like witches, pick this book up for a fun and enjoyable rea
Veronica
Jul 07, 2014 Veronica rated it it was amazing
I REALLY loved this book! I read this on an 8 hour flight and it was great. I really enjoyed the characters and found myself being worried for them as they encountered many mishaps. This is full of witches and magic and I wasn't bored for a second! I will definitely read something else by this author soon!
Amy Mcdonald
Nov 13, 2014 Amy Mcdonald rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites, 2014
This has definitely become one of my new favourite books! oh my god! Everything about it was just so amazing.
Rickus Bookshelf
DNF at 20%. Did not feel for the writing in this nor the characters.
Himesugar
May 14, 2012 Himesugar rated it it was amazing
Taken from

Brother and sister find out they aren't who they think they are. Their lives change when they find out they're witches and they have to go live at the Glass Castle, a place where witches go to learn to use their skills. Dino and Mia have different powers and learning what they are will come easier to one than the other.
This story is written really well, the relationship between Dino and Mia is realistic, the typical brother and sister way, funny comments
  • Out of Breath  (The Lithia Trilogy, #1)
  • Pilgrim of the Sky
  • The Day of First Sun (Annie Loves Cham, #1)
  • Dancing with the Devil (The Thorne Trilogy, #3)
  • Being Human
  • Bound (Unleashed #1)
  • Not Before Bed
  • Prelude to Reveille:  A Vietnam Awakening
  • A Chunk of Hell
  • Blindsight (Mirus, #1.3)
  • Shut Up
  • Exiled (The Never Chronicles, #1)
  • Wayward Son
  • Vestige
  • Stop and Blog the Roses
  • Beyond Birkie Fever
  • Josephine Lost
  • Ordained (The Immortal Archives, #1)

The Witches of the Glass Castle (2 books)
  • Uprising (The Witches of the Glass Castle, #2)