Start by marking “Biggest Book of Slow Cooker Recipes (Better Homes and Gardens Cooking)” as Want to Read:
Biggest Book of Slow Cooker Recipes (Better Homes and Gardens Cooking)

Biggest Book of Slow Cooker Recipes (Better Homes and Gardens Cooking)

4.01  ·  Rating Details ·  2,251 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Book by
Published January 1st 2002 by Meredith Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Biggest Book of Slow Cooker Recipes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Biggest Book of Slow Cooker Recipes

Karen
Oct 29, 2009 Karen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
This is just a big collection of random people's slow cooker recipes. Everything tastes like BBQ or beefstew. There's no quality control on these recipes and I don't think anyone at BHG ever actually made the recipes to verify that they are accurate at all. I only use this when I have random ingredients laying around my house and need to come up with something to eat for dinner. Because for each dish in the cookbook, there are about 25 different version of the same recipe, it is helpful to see h ...more
Joan
Oct 28, 2008 Joan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have made many of the recipes in this book. My family has loved them all. The gingered pork and pineapple was awesome. Though I substituted sweet potatoes for the carrots. We loved the Jerk Roast with rice and the orange mustard pork chops. We also love the curried roast & carrots. If you can't find a recipe in this book then you don';t have any imagination for food.
Lynda
Mar 17, 2015 Lynda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 stars. No new information here. I would recommend this only to someone who has no other crockpot cookbooks.
Chris
Sep 28, 2012 Chris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
Full of simple, tasty recipes. The bulk of the book is slow cooker recipes, but there's also a section on 5-ingredient meals and a section on one-dish dinners. We have a handful of recipes from this book that we come back to regularly.
Theresa
This is a good basic book of varied recipes, but the seasonings as called for are bland to my taste. I usually at least double all the spices and seasonings. My favorites include Herbed Port Pot Roast and Southwestern White Chili. There are even dessert recipes including slow cooker bread pudding.
Bert Edens
Sep 15, 2010 Bert Edens rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
This is a wonderful collection of recipes, many of which take various amounts of time (not just the all-day 6 hours on low variety). We have already tried a couple of these and will definitely do more.
Miss Mouse
This book looks impressively big, but many recipes are just variations of the same thing, just different spices.
K
Dec 27, 2012 K rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book got me through time and cash strapped years in college. I'm sure that not everything would be as developed as I would like now but a basic slow cooker reference.
Carla
Jul 19, 2011 Carla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One nice feature is that the bottom half of each recipe's page is blank--room for notetaking.

I'll be making the Ranch Potatoes this weekend.
Stephanie
I like looking at all the recipes for slow cooking. But with every cookbook it sometimes feels redundant.
Kristen
Jan 09, 2009 Kristen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great easy recipes for during the week while I'm at work or on a busy weekend where I can start dinner whenever time permits durning the morning or early afternoon...
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2015
Hardy Kaluba
Hardy Kaluba rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2017
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2012
Terry
Terry rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2014
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2015
Robin Mcreynolds bernard
Robin Mcreynolds bernard rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2014
Patty
Patty rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2012
Julie
Julie rated it it was ok
Oct 05, 2016
Lakota Ritchey
Lakota Ritchey rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2014
Rebecca Wright
Rebecca Wright rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2014
Toni Sandine
Toni Sandine rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2014
Rohma
Rohma rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2013
Courtney Clemons
Courtney Clemons rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2017
Julia
Julia rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2015
Becky Carambot
Becky Carambot rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2014
Aramina Kennedy
Aramina Kennedy rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2016
Annette
Annette rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2014
  • Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly: Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker
  • Get Togethers: Rachael Ray 30-Minute Meals
  • Best Recipes from the Backs of Boxes, Bottles, Cans, and Jars
  • Betty Crocker's Cooky Book
  • Food Network Magazine Great Easy Meals: 250 Delicious Recipes for the Whole Family
  • The Taste of Home Baking Book
  • Top Secret Restaurant Recipes: Creating Kitchen Clones from America's Favorite Restaurant Chains
  • Once-A-Month Cooking: A Proven System for Spending Less Time in the Kitchen and Enjoying Delicious, Homemade Meals Every Day
  • Mrs. Fields Cookie Book: 100 Recipes from the Kitchen of Mrs. Fields
  • The Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook
  • From Emeril's Kitchens: Favorite Recipes from Emeril's Restaurants
  • 'wichcraft: Craft a Sandwich into a Meal--And a Meal into a Sandwich
  • Quick Fix Meals: 200 Simple, Delicious Recipes to Make Mealtime Eas
  • The Gourmet Slow Cooker: Simple and Sophisticated Meals from Around the World
  • America's Most Wanted Recipes: Delicious Recipes from Your Family's Favorite Restaurants
  • The Martha Stewart Living Cookbook: The Original Classics
  • Chocolate from the Cake Mix Doctor
  • More Make It Fast, Cook It Slow: 200 Brand-New, Budget-Friendly, Slow-Cooker Recipes