Start by marking “Newcomer's Handbook for Moving to and Living in Portland” as Want to Read:
Newcomer's Handbook for Moving to and Living in Portland

Newcomer's Handbook for Moving to and Living in Portland

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Book annotation not available for this title...Title: .Newcomer's Handbook for Moving to and Living in Portland..Author: .Geon, Bryan/ Franklin, Linda (EDT)..Publisher: .First Books Inc..Publication Date: .2010/05/10..Number of Pages: .526..Binding Type: .PAPERBACK..Library of Congress: .
Published May 11th 2010 by First Books (first published September 10th 2007)

Be the first to ask a question about Newcomer's Handbook for Moving to and Living in Portland

Erin
Dec 28, 2008 Erin rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: John M.
Shelves: own
As someone who is moving back to Portland, I'm looking forward to returning to an area I love. However, I didn't want to take the moving process for granted. So, I picked up this book. It covers a lot of territory, including packing, selecting a moving company or truck rental co. (the ins and outs), the move itself, searching for a home, utilities, community resources, public transit, etc. It's been a terrific resource and I'll continue to refer to it for those first few weeks after arriving whi ...more
HeavyReader
Nov 27, 2009 HeavyReader rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: folks moving to Portland
Recommended to HeavyReader by: Liz Dorman
Shelves: how-to, travel
This is another Portland guidebook that I did not read cover to cover but did read enough of to know it was/is helpful.

Liz sent this book to me before I moved from Kansas. I've I've carried it around for over four months, referring to it whenever I needed information about living in Portland.

It's helped a lot and given me a lot of good information to help smooth my move and new life in Portland.

I'm not ready to give it back yet.
Tiffany T
If you are thinking of moving to Portland or near Portland this is a valuable resource, which will give you more information, then what you can find online. It explains utilities, neighborhoods, lifestyles, average weather statistics and more. It is full of so much great information. I still pull it off the bookshelf and review it at times. I can’t recommend them enough.
Mark
Seems like a good resource. Some things are outdated, but it still gets you on the right track.
Jan
Excellent book that has been very helpful looking around Portland
Josie
Exactly what I needed to get practical info about my new home town!
Michael
Great guide for those new to or those considering the area.
Alyssa Haverfield
Alyssa Haverfield marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
*Krowe*
*Krowe* marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Amanda
Amanda added it
Sep 07, 2014
Oscar
Oscar marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Andrew Shaffer
Andrew Shaffer marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Denika Clay
Denika Clay marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Robert Moreno Jr.
Robert Moreno Jr. is currently reading it
Dec 06, 2013
Manda Bednarik
Manda Bednarik marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2013
Newcomer's Handbook for Moving to and Living in Portland The Vegetarian Traveler: A Guide to Eating Green in over 200 Countries Newcomer's Handbook for Moving to and Living in Portland: Including Vancouver, Gresham, Hillsboro, Beaverton, Tigard, and Wilsonville Splendid Pathways: A Tour Through the World's Finest Botanical Gardens Speaking Vegetarian: The Globetrotter's Guide to Ordering Meatless in 197 Countries