Start by marking “The Blood That Defines Us” as Want to Read:
The Blood That Defines Us

The Blood That Defines Us

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  8 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Every house has its own history and its own secrets. Some secrets are just darker than others. And some are even downright terrifying.

When the Johnsons moved into their new house, they didn’t expect that weird things would start to happen, objects would move on their own, and that the house’s history would come back to haunt them.

But I did.
ebook, First Edition, 133 pages
Published May 1st 2011 by Evermore eBook Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Blood That Defines Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Blood That Defines Us

ѦѺ™
Jun 06, 2011 ѦѺ™ rated it really liked it
"Other things may change us, but we start and end with family" - Anthony Brandt

William and Isabelle Johnson, together with their three children, move into their new home. strange things begin to happen as the family settles in. the house and a specter in the shadows make the Johnsons feel more welcome than necessary.
there is something about an old mansion and its provenance that always make for a good ghost story. this novella is no exception.
here we have new occupants getting caught up in their
Susan
Jun 16, 2011 Susan rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fellow bloggers who enjoy the genre
The Blood That Defines Us is a gloriously rich mix of gothic elements combined with a new warped and twisted take on evil and what it truly is. For anyone who is a fan of the horror book genre, this would be the novella that you would definitely want to read on those dark frightening nights when you find yourelf in the mood for a good scare. One of the things that I like most about this book, is the way in which the author examines evil close up personally and how it affects each individual from ...more
Maryam
Also reviewed on the blog: http://gloriousbooks.blogspot.com/201...

There really isn’t much to say in this review other than that this is a really, really good read.
It’s been a long time since I have read something that has creeped me out so much that I can’t stop thinking about it. It was so creepy at times I couldn’t help but shudder which makes a really good horror story.
It was a really fast, enthralling read that definitely keeps you turning pages.
The idea behind the plot was original, terrif
Nicki Markus
Jul 09, 2011 Nicki Markus rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-paranormal
I read this novella in one sitting last night and must admit that I found it quite chilling. Maybe it was a mistake to read it just before I went to bed!

I received this book as a review copy from the author and had only the vaguest idea of what to expect from it. I found it to be a well constructed tale that builds the suspense right from the first page. As the tale progresses more information is gradually revealed, helping to maintain the suspense and the reader's interest.

The central character
Majanka
Jul 21, 2011 Majanka rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Darlyn
Darlyn rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2012
Conny
Conny rated it it was ok
Oct 06, 2014
Majanka
May 07, 2011 Majanka rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Mayra
Mayra marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2011
Tobey
Tobey marked it as to-read
May 04, 2011
Casey
Casey marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2011
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2011
Mimi
Mimi marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2011
 Bella Marie
Bella Marie marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2011
Geoffrey
Geoffrey marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2011
Roniya
Roniya marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2011
Marguerite
Marguerite marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2012
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2012
Froggarita
Froggarita marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2013
Cyndi Goodgame
Cyndi Goodgame marked it as to-read
May 03, 2013
Ashok Banker
Ashok Banker marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2013
Billie Jo
Billie Jo marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2013
Penelope Bartotto
Penelope Bartotto marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2014
Kendra
Kendra marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Arjun Poudel
Arjun Poudel marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Nevey
Nevey marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Belinda
Belinda marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Dane Cobain
Dane Cobain marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2016
I'm an avid book reader and author. My interests include young adult, paranormal romance, fantasy, horror, thrillers, historical fiction and young adult contemporary romance. I'm a big fan of true haunting stories as well.

I'm the author of picture book series "Valentina's Spooky Adventures" about a vampire girl afraid of monsters, and the lower grade chapter book series "Weirdville", about a town
More about Majanka Verstraete...