Start by marking “The Lost Ones (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Lost Ones (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #3)

The Lost Ones (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights #3)

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  1,856 ratings  ·  18 reviews
When the Empire died, they were born - a new hope for the New Republic. The young twins of Hans Solo and Princess Leia are now fourteen, and enrolled at Luke Skywalker's Jedi Academy on Yavin 4. Together with friends both old and new, the future heroes of an already legendary saga begin their training.
Published December 13th 1995 by Berkley (first published December 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The Lost Ones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lost Ones

Wealhtheow
Jaina and Jacen return to Coruscant for a vacation and see an old friend, Zekk. But though the twins have had plenty of adventures, they've never experienced the problems Zekk has. Orphaned, destitute, without any support, Zekk has been making a living in the underworld of the city. He feels humiliated by his old friends' success and obvious privilege. They try to include him, but after he eats the centerpiece at a feast (thinking it to be a salad), he refuses to have anything to do with them. I ...more
Ari
I read this whole series several times when I was a kid. These were a lot of fun and easy to read. They really helped me along my way to enjoy reading and becoming obessed with Star Wars. This book was really one of the best. We get to see what it's like to go through jedi training, but even jedi trainees need a break to cause mischief at home. We meet alot of charaters that became close friends to the reader. I feel Anderson was able to identify what i young adult would be lookig for in charact ...more
The Artist Librarian (Jen)
May 18, 2011 The Artist Librarian (Jen) rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Star Wars Fans (Upper Elementary to Adult)
Shelves: my-books, star-wars
As much as I want to rate this a "5" for sentimental reasons ... I give it a 4 (or 4.5). It features the introduction of one of my favorite Star Wars "EU" (expanded universe) characters --Zekk. We get some of the background of Zekk's early life here and some about the life of the Solo kids on Coruscant (and Anakin Solo is simply adorable). I wish that there was a way to have more "post Return of the Jedi" children/teen books ...
Shaun
A pretty good read. I like the introduction of Zekk as a character and the return of Admiral Ackbar. These novels are still very much geared for young readers. The Shadow Academy is collecting individuals to prepare themselves for war and the young Jedi Knights must do the same. I like that the theme of the book deals with an individual's place in the world and whether they are accepted in it or not.
Meadow
There is smore more Leia in this one. The Solo twins find an old friend Zeke, who has had a much harder life then them. And it shows.
Zeke is being pulled to the wrong side, but can Jacen and Jaina show him the light?

This book was awomse (as are all the others in this series). It shows the world of Star Wars in a more realistic view, with poverty, sadness....very good for young adults.
Kerri Simpson
It is a good story to read. I enjoyed the whole series. I just hadnt gotten around to the review. Even though its clearly written for a younger audience I still enjoy reading them. I love the characters and the diversity of stories. It always brings a smile when I read them.
Ley
This is the third book in a fourteen book series, and actually the very first book I read in this series. (I recommend reading them in order.)

This book introduces us to Zekk, a kid who lives on his own. He eventually becomes a key character in The New Jedi Order.
Christopher Sanders
It was refreshing to get back into the Young Jedi Knights. It's one series I've always wanted to finish, and this gave a great backstory to one of my favorite characters from the Expanded Universe: Zekk. Hopefully, I can get my hands on the rest of the books.
Esperance
I read most of these when I was a teen so I related to them well at the time, its been awhile but im sure I would get right back into them, it will just take me back to my teen years, No harm in that!
Jessica
I'm totally in love with the Young Jedi Knights books. They're so silly, but they were a big part of my childhood, from about age 10-13. I wanted to be Jaina Solo so badly. XD
Amanda
In this one, you meet Zeke. Jacen and Jaina's friend from their home planet. And a gang called the Lost Ones, who want Zeke in their gang.
Stephen
A trip to Coruscant, and meeting an old friend of Jaina's and Jacen's cause the group of young jedi knights to re-evaluate their friend.
Jolene Haack
Good LORD did I love these books when I was younger. Nostalgia forces me to rate them highly.
Odette
Oh, Zekk. I can almost see why he made the decision he did, but then at other times I just can't.
Amanda Hunsaker
Love this series, just to show my nerdiness. It just gets better with each book!
Carly
This one was a lot of fun. I read it many times when I was younger.
The Third Place A Teen Library
F AND yjk bk. 3

Based on Star Wars

Science Fiction
Ronneth Briceño
Ronneth Briceño marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Scott Mobley
Scott Mobley marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Christopher Martinez
Christopher Martinez marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Marie
Marie added it
Nov 14, 2014
  • Lyric's World (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #2)
  • Anakin's Quest (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #4)
  • The Hidden Past (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #3)
  • Showdown at Centerpoint (Star Wars: The Corellian Trilogy, #3)
  • Zorba the Hutt's Revenge (Star Wars: Jedi Prince, #3)
  • Tales from the Empire (Star Wars)
  • Planet of Twilight (Star Wars)
  • The Swarm War (Star Wars: Dark Nest, #3)
  • The Rising Force (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #1)
Pseudonyms: Gabriel Mesta, K.J. Anderson

He has written spin-off novels for Star Wars, StarCraft, Titan A.E., and The X-Files, and is the co-author of the Dune prequels. His original works include the Saga of Seven Suns series and the Nebula Award-nominated Assemblers of Infinity. He has also written several comic books including the Dark Horse Star Wars collection Tales of the Jedi written in coll
More about Kevin J. Anderson...
Jedi Search (Star Wars: The Jedi Academy Trilogy, #1) Dark Apprentice (Star Wars: The Jedi Academy Trilogy, #2) Champions of the Force (Star Wars: The Jedi Academy Trilogy, #3) Blood Lite (Hellchaser, #0.5) Darksaber (Star Wars)