Start by marking “The Lost Ones (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Lost Ones (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #3)

The Lost Ones (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights #3)

3.51  ·  Rating Details ·  2,276 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
When the Empire died, they were born - a new hope for the New Republic. The young twins of Hans Solo and Princess Leia are now fourteen, and enrolled at Luke Skywalker's Jedi Academy on Yavin 4. Together with friends both old and new, the future heroes of an already legendary saga begin their training.
Published December 13th 1995 by Berkley (first published December 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The Lost Ones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lost Ones

Jamie
Dec 13, 2010 Jamie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My first look at Coruscant-outside the movies that is. And a bit of a view of it's seedy underground. The twins and their academy friends go home for a while and meet up with Jaina and Jacen's old friend Zekk. A major difference in their backround causes trouble. I liked seeing how they treated and reacted to Zekk's upbringing and home. While they have always lived a fairly posh life s the children of the Chief of State, Zekk is lucky to be able to afford a small "apartment." He scrouges form pa ...more
Jerry
May 21, 2017 Jerry rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as good as the previous entries in the series.
Jess Neuner
I think this may be my favourite of this series. The Solo twins head home to Coruscant for a visit, bringing their friends from the Jedi Academy, Tenel Ka and Lowbacca, home with them. No Luke Skywalker in this one, but we see a lot of Han and Leia and Anakin. I rather like when the whole family is together - reminds me a bit of my own.

Of course, the family visit isn't all fun and games - although there is a formal diplomatic dinner that gives Tenel Ka the opportunity to save the day with Anaki
Darryl Dobbs
This was 160 pages of boring followed by 80 pages of mediocrity. In keeping with my policy of not hitting a book aimed at young adults with any rating other than a three, I won't give this a "one". But it deserved it. I had higher hopes for this one after a pretty good Book 2 (and having just read the fourth book, I have the added insight that fortunately things do get better again).

For more than half the book, the kids did little more than walk around Coruscant with a buddy who was near-homeles
Cecilia Downey
This was my favorite book in the series so far. I enjoyed learning more about Coruscant. I learned more about Coruscant in 3 paragraphs than in all of the prequels. I loved seeing Jaina, Jacen, Anakin, Leia and Han as a family. I also really loved the Karnak Alpha culture, and Tenel Ka's save on the dinner. I wish there was more of the culture and family time. So far, my favorite book in this series yet.

My only issue was with the writing style. For example, this wonderful quote:
"He punched the
Wealhtheow
Jan 06, 2010 Wealhtheow rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, ya
Jaina and Jacen return to Coruscant for a vacation and see an old friend, Zekk. But though the twins have had plenty of adventures, they've never experienced the problems Zekk has. Orphaned, destitute, without any support, Zekk has been making a living in the underworld of the city. He feels humiliated by his old friends' success and obvious privilege. They try to include him, but after he eats the centerpiece at a feast (thinking it to be a salad), he refuses to have anything to do with them. I ...more
Ari
Nov 06, 2008 Ari rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-wars
I read this whole series several times when I was a kid. These were a lot of fun and easy to read. They really helped me along my way to enjoy reading and becoming obessed with Star Wars. This book was really one of the best. We get to see what it's like to go through jedi training, but even jedi trainees need a break to cause mischief at home. We meet alot of charaters that became close friends to the reader. I feel Anderson was able to identify what i young adult would be lookig for in charact ...more
(Jen) The Artist Librarian
May 18, 2011 (Jen) The Artist Librarian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Star Wars Fans (Upper Elementary to Adult)
Shelves: my-books, star-wars
As much as I want to rate this a "5" for sentimental reasons ... I give it a 4 (or 4.5). It features the introduction of one of my favorite Star Wars "EU" (expanded universe) characters --Zekk. We get some of the background of Zekk's early life here and some about the life of the Solo kids on Coruscant (and Anakin Solo is simply adorable). I wish that there was a way to have more "post Return of the Jedi" children/teen books ...
Shaun
Feb 18, 2013 Shaun rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A pretty good read. I like the introduction of Zekk as a character and the return of Admiral Ackbar. These novels are still very much geared for young readers. The Shadow Academy is collecting individuals to prepare themselves for war and the young Jedi Knights must do the same. I like that the theme of the book deals with an individual's place in the world and whether they are accepted in it or not.
Meadow Frisbie
Aug 25, 2010 Meadow Frisbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
There is smore more Leia in this one. The Solo twins find an old friend Zeke, who has had a much harder life then them. And it shows.
Zeke is being pulled to the wrong side, but can Jacen and Jaina show him the light?

This book was awomse (as are all the others in this series). It shows the world of Star Wars in a more realistic view, with poverty, sadness....very good for young adults.
Christopher Sanders
It was refreshing to get back into the Young Jedi Knights. It's one series I've always wanted to finish, and this gave a great backstory to one of my favorite characters from the Expanded Universe: Zekk. Hopefully, I can get my hands on the rest of the books.
Kerri Simpson
Mar 14, 2013 Kerri Simpson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a good story to read. I enjoyed the whole series. I just hadnt gotten around to the review. Even though its clearly written for a younger audience I still enjoy reading them. I love the characters and the diversity of stories. It always brings a smile when I read them.
Ley
Feb 04, 2011 Ley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the third book in a fourteen book series, and actually the very first book I read in this series. (I recommend reading them in order.)

This book introduces us to Zekk, a kid who lives on his own. He eventually becomes a key character in The New Jedi Order.
Rebel Rider
This book was okay but it seemed like the authors were trying to write a book for kids and didn’t know how do that. The plot was interesting and some parts, like Zekk eating the bouquet, were pretty funny.
Esperance
Jul 28, 2008 Esperance rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read most of these when I was a teen so I related to them well at the time, its been awhile but im sure I would get right back into them, it will just take me back to my teen years, No harm in that!
Jolene Haack
Jun 21, 2011 Jolene Haack rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good LORD did I love these books when I was younger. Nostalgia forces me to rate them highly.
Stephen
Jun 20, 2013 Stephen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A trip to Coruscant, and meeting an old friend of Jaina's and Jacen's cause the group of young jedi knights to re-evaluate their friend.
Carly
This one was a lot of fun. I read it many times when I was younger.
Amanda
Dec 07, 2008 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
In this one, you meet Zeke. Jacen and Jaina's friend from their home planet. And a gang called the Lost Ones, who want Zeke in their gang.
Beth Anne
Feb 18, 2015 Beth Anne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Fun writing, the plot keeps getting better. Revisiting these is just plain fun.
Amanda Hunsaker
Jun 06, 2013 Amanda Hunsaker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this series, just to show my nerdiness. It just gets better with each book!
Jessica
Jul 24, 2007 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm totally in love with the Young Jedi Knights books. They're so silly, but they were a big part of my childhood, from about age 10-13. I wanted to be Jaina Solo so badly. XD
The Third Place A Teen Library
F AND yjk bk. 3

Based on Star Wars

Science Fiction
Karen
Jun 10, 2016 Karen added it
Shelves: h-books
First in the series that H did not care for.
Poo
Poo rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2013
R. E. Shaper
R. E. Shaper rated it really liked it
May 28, 2014
sw
sw rated it it was ok
Feb 25, 2017
Aria Eve
Aria Eve rated it liked it
May 12, 2008
Christopher Q
Christopher Q rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2012
  • Kenobi's Blade (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #6)
  • The Golden Globe (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #1)
  • The Ties That Bind (Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice, #14)
  • Showdown at Centerpoint (Star Wars: The Corellian Trilogy, #3)
  • Queen of the Empire (Star Wars: Jedi Prince, #5)
  • Jedi Healer (Medstar, #2)
  • The Unseen Queen (Star Wars: Dark Nest, #2)
  • Tyrant's Test (Star Wars: The Black Fleet Crisis, #3)
Pseudonyms: Gabriel Mesta, K.J. Anderson

He has written spin-off novels for Star Wars, StarCraft, Titan A.E., and The X-Files, and is the co-author of the Dune prequels. His original works include the Saga of Seven Suns series and the Nebula Award-nominated Assemblers of Infinity. He has also written several comic books including the Dark Horse Star Wars collection Tales of the Jedi written in coll
More about Kevin J. Anderson...

Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Heirs of the Force (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #1)
  • Shadow Academy (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #2)
  • Lightsabers (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #4)
  • Darkest Knight (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #5)
  • Jedi Under Siege (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #6)
  • Shards of Alderaan (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #7)
  • Diversity Alliance (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #8)
  • Delusions of Grandeur (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #9)
  • Jedi Bounty (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #10)
  • The Emperor's Plague (Star Wars: Young Jedi Knights, #11)