Start by marking “Kaz the Minotaur (Dragonlance: Heroes, #4; Heroes II, #1)” as Want to Read:
Kaz the Minotaur (Dragonlance: Heroes, #4; Heroes II, #1)

Kaz the Minotaur (Dragonlance: Heroes #4)

3.77  ·  Rating Details  ·  6,047 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
"But, the beast-man, scorned and hunted, knows, "
"Without honor there is nothing, not even death. "
"So, driven by the only ghosts that matter, Huma and himself, Kaz alone faces the scourge."
After the defeat of the Dark Queen and the death of Huma Dragonbane, the most famous of the Knights of Solamnia, Kaz, the renegade minotaur, wanders throught Krynn, telling the true ta
Mass Market Paperback, 314 pages
Published June 10th 1990 by Wizards of the Coast (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Kaz the Minotaur, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kaz the Minotaur

Tyler
Jul 29, 2012 Tyler rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THIS MAY OR MAY NOT BE NOSTALGIA SPEAKING BUT I DONT REMEMBER ANYTHING ABOUT THIS BOOK AND IT IS THE BEST BOOK EVER WRITTEN
Sven Mysterioso
Jan 26, 2014 Sven Mysterioso rated it really liked it
Well, I read Huma (already reviewed) and I freaking LOVED Huma. That was such a story, powerful and human. Realistic in the sense that it draws away the gilding and legend, and presents you with a young, scared, doubting man who has to overcome so much. And never waver even in the face of stupidly bad odds.

So when Kaz is released, I snatch it right up. Kaz was a wonderful character; truly, he was Huma's Gamgee. He pushed when he had to, and he never left Huma's side. Not even at the end. And lik
Tom
Dec 16, 2014 Tom rated it really liked it
KAZ THE MINOTAUR picks up where The Legend of Huma ends with Kaz as the main character. The great Minotaur has supposedly been betrayed by the knighthood he has grown to respect. There is a price on his head, and he doesn't know why. In addition he is being pursued by a group of Minotaurs for a dishonorable crime that he supposedly committed during the war. Being chased by many and wondering why, Kaz does the honorable thing and goes to the knighthood and makes a horrifying discovery. The Minota ...more
Sean Hoskin
Nov 20, 2009 Sean Hoskin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kaz, as a minotaur on Krynn, faces multiple challenges of perception; both from his own people and other races. It is the continual test of his honor and commitment to the memory of lost friends which spurs him on in his quest to heal the land and restore the Knights of Solamnia to their past glory following the war of darkness and its ruinous consequences. The power of his heart, more than magic, eddies through this novel.
Philana Walker
Mar 05, 2009 Philana Walker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adolescent-bliss
The wandering minotaur will touch your heart and become an instant favorite. Who doesn't love a good story about a misunderstood whose efforts only lead to the salvation of the world as we know it? But really, Kaz steps up again to save Krynn at great pain to himself, which is expected as a hero of Krynn.
Marco
Mar 20, 2016 Marco rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Kaz the minotaur is the sequel of the Legend of Huma. This second book follows the adventure of Kaz after the last dragonwar. Kaz is trying to settle down, but he is forced back into action to confront a familiar evil from the past. More about the Dragonlance Minotaurs series here: http://goo.gl/jZreZ6
C.P. Sennett
Feb 14, 2012 C.P. Sennett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A supporting character in the Legend of Huma becomes so great that he gets his own book - and well deserved!

Kaz the Minotaur was an interesting read and I enjoyed it greatly.
Nathan Burgoine
A fairly good Dragonlance book, this continues the tale of Kaz the Minotaur, as first introduced in the Legend of Huma book.

Back when I was in Grade 11, I devoured everything Dragonlance I could find. Friends and I traded them, and we created characters and adventures that tied into them in our D&D campaigns.

In this book, Kaz travels back to Solamnia to try and destroy an ancient evil. If Kaz were to fail, it would mean that Huma and he failed, and their sacrifices were for nothing in the f
Joseph Nichols
Oct 15, 2010 Joseph Nichols rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who enjoyed the Legend of Huma.
A fitting sequel to the much appreciated story of Huma! Without a doubt it if the Legend of Huma sparked your interest then this book should be next on your list.
Robyn Alcina
May 16, 2013 Robyn Alcina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A pretty good follow-up story to The Legend of Huma, revolving around Huma's unlikely friend, Kaz. A minotaur.
John Arnold
Jun 02, 2012 John Arnold rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really great to see a minotaur become something other than a mindless beast, great work
Michael Ware
Jan 30, 2010 Michael Ware rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good epic hero adventure.
Lana
Feb 27, 2016 Lana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a brilliant book, kaz the minotaur is such a great character, so full of honour and so different to the rest of his race but then he was huma's companion during the war and downfall of takhisis!! the book keeps the reader on tenterhooks right through, very exciting and one is really hoping that kaz survives against all odds and of course as usual the kender character in the book, this time called dilbin is as lovable as usual and so fearless. Love this trait in the little people and their sense ...more
Kyle K
Sep 02, 2015 Kyle K rated it it was amazing
The Dragon War has ended, the Dark Queen defeated, but the vestiges of evil remain in the land trying to harness the power their superiors died wielding. With Huma gone, Kaz seems to be the only one to assure evil is put to bed and war does not arise a new.
Patrick Osborne
Jul 14, 2015 Patrick Osborne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. Kaz really comes across as a barbarian type of character, but his interactions with others make him entertaining.

See my full review here: http://ozmosisbookmarked.blogspot.com...
Hectorianus
buenos recuerdos de mi adolescencia, primera vez que leia una descripcion de un dragon de piedra a manera de artedfacto, buena lectura para principiantes, no pidan mucho, tierna y activa...
Ben
Nov 22, 2015 Ben rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like Kaz. A classic fish out of water!
Benja
Jan 02, 2014 Benja rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, I read this a while back. Must've been 10 or 11. Names are coming back. Kaz, Kelvin, Darius... Anyway, fairly standard-issue fantasy read. Apparently it's the second in a series but works perfectly on its own.
Evan Leach
A fairly disappointing follow-up to the outstanding The Legend of Huma. I thought Knaak struck gold in Huma, but this semi-sequel was just OK. 2.5 stars.
Adam
Oct 14, 2010 Adam rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
After the end of the first Dragonwar, the renegade minotaur Kaz wanders around and has some adventures. Wouldn’t you know it, a villain of the Dragonwar is still lurking about, threatening to arise and wreak more Dragonwars at any moment…and only Kaz can stop him!
Jed
Dec 29, 2013 Jed rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Read this back in high school.
Tara Calaby
I was never a reader of epic fantasy... and then I discovered the Dragonlance books and never looked back.
Skut L
Aug 02, 2012 Skut L rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: epic-fantasy
I read this over 14 years ago and the rating reflects my enjoyment at the time.
Kurt Vosper
Classic Dragonlance offshoot story, generic writing. Good time waster.
Jenni
Aug 13, 2007 Jenni rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fantasy geeks
Was a good continuation of the story started in the Legend of Huma.
Dinofly
Oct 17, 2009 Dinofly rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, work
Bad. Huma was better. Maybe two good scenes in whole book.
Cristen
Sep 13, 2007 Cristen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Eh. A mediocre sequel to a really great book.
Chuck
Apr 22, 2008 Chuck rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
sequel to LEGEND OF HUMA. good stuff.
TJ
TJ rated it really liked it
May 03, 2016
Cale Heustin
Cale Heustin marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
  • Galen Beknighted (Dragonlance: Heroes, #6, Heroes II, #3)
  • The Gates of Thorbardin (Dragonlance: Heroes, #5) (Heroes II, #2)
  • Stormblade (Dragonlance: Heroes, #2)
  • The Qualinesti (Dragonlance: Elven Nations, #3)
  • The Doom Brigade (Dragonlance: Kang's Regiment, #1)
  • The Kinslayer Wars (Dragonlance: Elven Nations, #2)
  • Flint the King (Dragonlance: Preludes, #5; Preludes II, #2)
  • Draconian Measures (Dragonlance: Kang's Regiment, #2)
  • Vinas Solamnus (Dragonlance: Lost Legends, #1)
  • The Day of the Tempest (Dragonlance: Dragons of a New Age, #2)
  • Knights of the Crown (Dragonlance: The Warriors, #1)
Richard A. Knaak is the bestselling author of Dragonlance novels, Dragonrealm (his own creation), six novels for Blizzard Entertainment's Diablo series, and six works in the Warcraft universe. He has also written five non-series fantasy books.

More about Richard A. Knaak...

Dragonlance: Heroes (7 books)
  • The Legend of Huma (Dragonlance: Heroes, #1)
  • Stormblade (Dragonlance: Heroes, #2)
  • Weasel's Luck (Dragonlance: Heroes, #3)
  • The Gates of Thorbardin (Dragonlance: Heroes, #5) (Heroes II, #2)
  • Kampen om Thorbardin (Dragonlance: Heltesagn, #10)
  • Galen Beknighted (Dragonlance: Heroes, #6, Heroes II, #3)