Start by marking “Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol. 2: The Cards With Teeth (Yu-Gi-Oh!, #2)” as Want to Read:
Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol. 2: The Cards With Teeth (Yu-Gi-Oh!, #2)

Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol. 2: The Cards With Teeth (Yu-Gi-Oh! (Viz Numbering) #2)

4.08  ·  Rating Details  ·  824 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
After Seto Kaiba discovers that Yugi's grandfather is the owner of the incredibly rare Blue-Eyes White Dragon card, the master of the dangerous collectible card game will stop at nothing to obtain the greatly desired card.
Published August 18th 2003 by VIZ Media LLC (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol. 2

Kayla
Nov 27, 2015 Kayla rated it it was amazing
This is when the cards come into play! (see what I did there)

In this volume, Kaiba and 'dark' Yugi battle it out in a game called Magic and Wizards, which is the world popular card game of Yu-Gi-Oh!
This was the volume that sort of related to the anime, but only slightly.

The duel was awesome and I loved how the author of this book also added in instructions and gameplay for the card game in case we wanted to play in real life! Yes, battles with my sister! He also added some pictures of the ori
Jerry
Jul 08, 2015 Jerry rated it really liked it
A Quickie Review

Unlike the first volume, this is the kind of thing I've come to expect from the Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise: Duel Monsters, Egyptian mythology, appearances by Seto Kaiba, etc. It's a bit harder-edged than the American anime was--4Kids would never have allowed the profanity or crude reference--but I still enjoyed it. If you were disappointed by the first manga book, you'll probably be delighted by this one.

Content Concerns:
Sex: A crude allusion or two. 4/5
Nudity: A pinup-style illustr
Moriah
Jun 14, 2015 Moriah rated it it was amazing
I was worried that I wouldn't enjoy this volume like I did the first one but this was just as amazing. In this volume we meet Seto Kaiba, who is a a powerful teenager and well known for playing Duel Monsters. He walked into the Kame Shop, which Yugi's grandfather owns, and sees that he has a rare cards which he wants. But Grandpa refuses to sell it. The next day, Seto switches the cards which Yugioh notices but wait until they are alone before saying anything. Seto of course says he has no idea ...more
Lyndsay-ann Stewart
Apr 27, 2014 Lyndsay-ann Stewart rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-comic
Book 2!!!

I liked this second book much better than the first one. There was a lot more to the story as a whole, introduce new characters, and started to look more into the mythology of Yu-Gi-Oh.

Jounouchi is my favourite character in both the tv show and manga series, and we got to learn a lot more about him in this book as it delved a bit more into his past and home life.

This book was also introduced the card game and made the show so famous, Duel Monsters, though it was called Magic and Wizards
Olgaliva
Jul 22, 2015 Olgaliva rated it liked it
Shelves: m-a-n-g-a
En sindsyg cliffhanger!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yuka Muntou
I LOVE IT
Rylan Rosa
The book Yu-Gi-Oh! volume 2 is an amazing book that shows you if you like Yu-Gi-Oh, how virtual dueling began when Yugi used his millennium puzzle to help his grandpa get his legendary card the blue eyes white dragon from Kaiba big brother. this book is an amazing fiction/ fantasy. I recommend this book to all Yu-Gi-Oh readers and lovers of amazing action fiction/ fantasy readers. if you like this book you should read the whole series from the author
Ryan Chen
Jun 18, 2015 Ryan Chen rated it it was amazing
Yugi found out a new card fighting card game his grandpa sugoroku show him some card he can play with. His grandpa had a rare card that kaiba want he try to get the card from Yugi grandpa and Yugi grandpa refuse to. Find out what happen read the book. I Hope you read this book and enjoy the book!!!
Jesse
Oct 09, 2014 Jesse rated it liked it
Yu-Gi-Oh is a lot like the Punisher, except that instead of an ex-military vigilante who takes out criminals with weapons and brute force, it's about an Egyptian pharaoh living in the body of a young boy who takes out criminals using puzzle magic.
Дени Проданова
Apr 30, 2015 Дени Проданова rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-and-manhwa
О, Шади е някак смахнат... Дали дългите години ровичкане из човешките мозъци са го чалнали, или така си е бил?
Ами Сето? Пф още с появата си в историята показва какъв е кретен, да не говорим нататък още колко ще се доказва като такъв.
Cassiopeia's Moon
Dec 16, 2013 Cassiopeia's Moon rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Yuugi comes closer to his friends in this volume and Honda has become part of the group. In this volume Yuugi is getting a bit concerned by the memory gaps he has (he can't remember anything when "the other Yuugi" takes over.
The Millennium Puzzle and it's powers becomes a question that needs answering and Shadi, an Egyptian man who possess strange powers, is the first one to be searching for the answer. It's not that ease and both Shadi and the reader are left with more questions.

In this volume
Alex Gonzalez
Aug 09, 2014 Alex Gonzalez rated it it was ok
Though I much rather watch the anime than read the manga, I still found myself enjoying it. An update to come soon.
Rebecca Sneade
Feb 25, 2015 Rebecca Sneade rated it liked it
better then the first book for sure
Jessica
Feb 19, 2014 Jessica rated it really liked it
The first one was so much more amusing.
Sarah Maddaford
Gets an extra star for "dark" Yugi being less creepy and for the creator starting to be a bit more creative with keeping "dark" Yugi a secret from Yugi's friends.
Same level of violence and language, and still a bit more mature than the audience of the American TV show.
Gunderhaegg
Jul 17, 2013 Gunderhaegg rated it really liked it
My son got me started on this series. I have always been a fan of egyptology and manga, so the combination is clearly promising.
VampireAngelSadist
Jul 10, 2012 VampireAngelSadist rated it it was amazing
This just keeps getting better and better.
Petra
Nov 05, 2012 Devon rated it liked it
Shelves: own
i used to love this.
RedPrince
RedPrince rated it liked it
Feb 05, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2016
Agthoven
Agthoven rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2016
Laney
Laney rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Olivianna
Olivianna marked it as to-read
Centia Metta Cahyani
Centia Metta Cahyani rated it it was amazing
Havilah Reeve
Havilah Reeve marked it as to-read
Tiffy Tiff
Tiffy Tiff rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2016
Zachary
Zachary rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2016
  • Yu Yu Hakusho, Volume 5: Focus Your Mind as One! (Yu Yu Hakusho, #5)
  • Angelic Layer, Vol. 02 (Angelic Layer, #2)
  • Ranma ½, Vol. 5 (Ranma ½ (US 1st), #5)
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena, Vol. 5: To Blossom
  • YU-GI-OH!: GX, Vol. 2 (Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, #2)
Takahashi started as a mangaka in 1982. His first work was Tokiō no Tsuma (闘輝王の鷹), published in 1990. One of his earliest works was Tennenshokudanji Buray (天然色男児BURAY), which lasted for two volumes and was published from 1991 to 1992. Takahashi did not find success until 1996 when he created Yu-Gi-Oh!
More about Kazuki Takahashi...

Yu-Gi-Oh! (Viz Numbering) (7 books)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol. 1: The Millenium Puzzle (Yu-Gi-Oh!, #1)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol. 3: Capsule Monster Chess (Yu-Gi-Oh!, #3)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol. 4: Kaiba's Revenge (Yu-Gi-Oh!, #4)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol. 5: The Heart of the Cards (Yu-Gi-Oh!, #5)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol. 6: Monster Fight! (Yu-Gi-Oh!, #6)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol. 7: Monster World (Yu-Gi-Oh!, #7)