Start by marking “Windows XP for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Windows XP for Dummies

Windows XP for Dummies

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Windows is the world's most popular operating system, and "Windows For Dummies" is the bestselling computer book ever. When you look at "Windows XP For Dummies, 2nd Edition, " it's easy to see why. Here's all the stuff you want to know, served up in plain English and seasoned with a few chuckles. But make no mistake, this book means business.Author Andy Rathbone listened t ...more
Published September 14th 2011 by For Dummies (first published September 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Windows XP for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Windows XP for Dummies

Madelyn
I read most of this manual because my dad offered to pay me if i could fix his computer. Even though i couldn't find the information i needed, it still had some helpful hints for the technologically- impaired, as well as game cheats, so you can impress all of your friends with your 20 sec expert minesweeper time, or perfect spider solitaire record. I would say it's good just to have for reference, but don't buy it just if you're looking to fix one things, because odds are you won't find it.
Kristine (fezabel)
This isn't a bad book on Windows XP. I got it to figure out how XP is different from the older versions of Windows. It does that pretty well with good explanations and helpful tips. But this book is mainly for someone brand-new to Windows who is just pulling out their new computer and wondering what to do next. It does have some tips and information for the experienced user. If you know how to use any version of Windows, just borrow a copy for a weekend.
Carey Henderson
Oct 16, 2008 Carey Henderson rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: frustrated computer owners
Shelves: reference
I continously use this book. Very easy to follow & has helped me through some very frustrating computer problems. :)
Sandy (WI girl at heart)
For someone like me that still has an older version of Windows XP this is a very informative book so far
Katie
Helpful resource when beginning XP. Online help is actually faster though.
Sharon
Essential information to help with Windows XP.
Daniel
this book is for dummies
Cam
Pretty basic stuff.
PWRL
Mar 08, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
SM
David
David marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
شیما  حسینی
شیما حسینی marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Carmen
Carmen added it
Sep 30, 2014
Graham
Graham added it
Aug 01, 2014
Antonio
Antonio marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Laura Truscott
Laura Truscott marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Brad Dawnelle
Brad Dawnelle marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Windows 8 for Dummies Windows 7 For Dummies Windows 8.1 For Dummies Windows Vista for Dummies Upgrading & Fixing PCs for Dummies