Hush

Hush

3.39 of 5 stars 3.39  ·  rating details  ·  358 ratings  ·  61 reviews
Cross Your Heart

In the summer before their senior year, Coby Rendell and her friends take a beach trip together. Around a campfire on a foggy June night, Coby, Rhiannon, Yvette and the others share their darkest secrets, before a tragic accident shatters the bond between them…

And Hope

Twelve years later Coby attends a birthday party reunion that ends in horror when Yvette’

Published (first published January 1st 2011)

Miss Kim
This was a random grab, that turned out ok. I was intrigued by the mystery and it had me turning pages quickly. However, there were SO may characters that I couldn't keep them strait. I couldn't become attached to any of them. In the end, I had one mystery pegged, but there were some twists. I wouldn't highly recommend this one, but it wasn't bad for a quickie summer read.
Lisa Jo
Secrets, lies and murder struggle to boost Nancy Bush's HUSH into a climatic suspense novel. Too many characters, a lack-luster romance and a mild suspense streak unfortunately drag this novel down.

One night during a beach trip the summer before her senior year, Coby Rendell and her friends begin to reveal horrible secrets to each other. Not only are they surprised at what they've learned, but are completely shocked when another classmate accidentally falls to his death from a cliff that same ni...more
Karen
I was disappointed with this book. I found the writing very amateurish but I kept reading it hoping it would get better....it didn't. There were way too many characters to keep track of also the story line was weak....why would those secrets upset everyone for the rest of their lives and most of the secrets were trivial. I found one blatant mistake, where Coby went home after work and changed into sweats then Danner came over later and "she was still in her work clothes" I don't see how there co...more
Marianne Stehr
Posted 07/30/11: This book was filled with suspense, but with a typical and overdone storyline. the first 3/4 of the book was good, but the last 1/4 fell flat and wrapped up in an anticlimactic way. I was disappointed by the ending but the story to get to the ending appeared well developed and interesting. The subplot did not appear to have anything to do with the main plot which I found odd. The old secrets from school mates has been done several times that I had read and this offered nothing n...more
Misty
From the cover blurb, I had some high expectations for this book. However it failed to live up to what I look for in a great suspense novel. The over all story was good, the main characters were believable making it for an enjoyable read. That being said the book was also confusing, too many character plots with side stories of their own. This to me created a mass wave of confusion which caused the book to fall flat. Over all I liked it but there were a lot of elements to it that I did not like.
Bookaholics
Hush by Nancy Bush
Romantic Suspense- June 28th, 2011
3 stars

In Hush, Nancy Bush brings together an interesting cast of characters in a mystery that flashes back to the past.

A group of high school girls were on the beach telling their darkest secrets. But they weren’t as quiet at they thought…

Lucas Moore was a young, gorgeous, surfer. Twelve years ago, he stumbled upon their conversation. Soon after he finds himself falling to his death off a cliff. His murderer was never found.

It is the present a...more
Brittany
Twelve summers ago, Coby Rendell and a group of her friends gathered around a campfire on the Pacific coast and shared secrets with each other. The same night, one of their friends—a handsome boy that all the girls loved—died in a tragic accident. Twelve years later, the secrets the girls shared are still hidden and festering, and tragedy strikes again. Another accident? Or murder? Coby teams up with sexy detective Danner Lockwood—the one who got away—to solve the mystery of how her friends died...more
Stacey
I am new to The Sisters Jackson/Bush and understand Lisa Jackson is the celebrity in the family. MY introduction to The Sisters started with this book, however and, although HUSH has its issues, I have since read all Bush’s published romantic suspense books, as well as Jackson’s YOU DON’T WANT TO KNOW (a wild rollercoaster that, though ultimately tough to buy, was worth the ride) and their collaboration, WICKED GAME. I just started WICKED LIES and SOMETHING WICKED is on deck. I plan to hit up Bu...more
Sheila
This book starts out with a group of teenage girls around a campfire playing a truth or dare type game where they have to reveal their deepest secrets. Unfortunately a group of teenage boys are secretly listening. The boys join the campfire and have come prepared with a lot of alcohol and a lot of hookups. The evening ends when one of the boys tragically falls from the cliff to the rocks/ocean below.

Flash forward 12 years. The people who were together have been having fatal "accidents". I liked...more
April
HUSH by Nancy Bush is an intriguing romantic suspense. This is the story of a tragic accident that will leave the bonds between those involved shattered. It is a "Cross your heart and hope to die" story that will have you turning pages. It has secrets,revenge,mystery,suspense,"accidents",
murder,buried past,some romance,and shocking twist. It is fast paced that will have shivers running up your spine and a shocking ending you want see coming. A thriller from beginning to the last page.Hush is a g...more
Sally-ann
There's a group of girls that have a night party on the beach and they play a game of "pass the candle". It's a game where you have to tell your deepest secret, the game is overheard by a group of boys, at the end of the night one of them is dead, it's pronounced an accident but is it?
Years later both groups are together again and yes there's another death, only this one is a murder, who's the killer and does that mean the death in the past was a murder too?.
You have to concentrate reading this...more
Amanda
This book was all right. I enjoyed some aspects quite a bit, but others weren't all that great. There were way too many characters to ever keep straight. While I found this to be realistic, it was confusing as hell. A lot of the characters blended in together and all of the female characters were super bitchy. Except Coby. I mean damn. Also, the ending was resolved super fast and wasn't at all satisfying. Plus it was confusing. And the reveal of the killer was...extremely disappointing. It felt...more
Michelle Wakelin
I thought the book was good. It kept me guessing until the very end. However I do agree with some other readers that there were alot of characters and that made it hard to follow sometimes, you really had to pay attention.
Melissa
One night a group of teenagers got together for a bonfire and one of them died tragically. Years later some of them reunite at the same location and another death occurs. Questions start forming and everyone begins to wonder if these mysterious accidents are really accidents. It was a good mystery and throughout the book you wonder who is behind all of these deaths but the redundancy of that one night on the beach got a little old for me. Recounting the events of that one night took up a good po...more
Nora
This was definitely a great read. Just wanted to keep reading to find out what was next. Great book if you love to be kept in the dark till the very end.
Dana
well, I have to say, this book was great, wonderful twists and murders all over the place, it was a bit wordy (yes, I know that's not a word) for me, overly descriptive in some places,like when describing the hoses or hotels or the surrounding areas, but the suspense was great, the characters were well rounded and the author fleshed them out nicely. I would read this author again. but for now, too much suspense and not enough romance...on to a paranormal romance I think, or just straight romance...more
Marla Sommer
I know who you are, I saw what you did. That very line was in this book. A group of teenagers having a sleep over on the beach

The famous line: I know who you are, I saw what you did somes up this book about teenage friends who start showing up dead. Ok read, but too many blah characters to keep track of. Plus five of the friends names ended with ette. Juliet, Yvette, Nicholette, Annette and Suzette, just try and keep them straight!

Julie
I did enjoy this book and it kept me guessing as to who did what, but at the end there were too many victims and too many different people doing things to really have a cohesive ending.

The romance was ok - nothing too exciting. You kept waiting for them to get together, but for some reason they kept stepping away from each other.

It is a good read, and it keeps you entertained. I will be starting another one of her books shortly.
Britney
I enjoyed this read. It was my first from this author. It kept me wanting to read more with all the twists and turns it had. Just when I thought I had figured it out it would through me for a loop. Nancy Bush did an excellent job with the story line and characters. There are alot of characters, but it is easy to keep track of them all. Looking forward to more books by Nancy Bush.
Bibliolatry Me
"With such a convoluted and complex plot there was very little relief in the story line and I found myself struggling to keep up. What did have me hooked is wondering which of the potential suspects the killer was. There were some good twists and hangers that left me reading until the end!"

Read more of Rayna's review on NRR's website http://nocturnereads.com/Hush---Bush....
Maggie61
This book was only okay to me.
There was so much going on that it was somewhat disconnected at times. The whole scenario with the secondary murder wasn't necessary and had nothing to do with the main story. It did absolutely nothing to the main murder plot There were so many characters many of whom were either killers or twisted that parts of it were really unrealistic.
Alison

Love Nancy Bush, but DAMN!! Reading this book was like watching paint dry!! If you have't read any of her books yet, don't base this review on all her books. Just don't read this one!!! All her other ones ive read were AWESOME. This was a HUGE let down for me! Her other books were brilliant! Sorry Nancy, this one didn't do it for me. :(
Vanillahugz
A very disappointing ending that kinda had the feel that the author just got tired of writing the book. Another problem was there were too many characters and very little developement. You have to care about the characters to keep one's interest piqued and that was lacking here. Could have been a much better book but fell short.
Bob
I did not find a single character I cared about in this book. Endless high school mean, nasty trivialities. After the first hundred pages I surfed through the rest of the book. I did give it one more star than I might have for some convoluted twists at the end. If your school was like this, I really feel sorry for you.
Cherie Reeves
Okay book. Way too many characters though. I couldn't keep them all straight. Especially the ette girls... All sisters all names ending in ette. Because there were so many characters, I don't think they were fully developed. I found it hard to identify with them. And the killer, I couldn't really like or hate.
Dane
Couldn't get into the story--though there were a couple of mistakes made, I could have overlooked that if the characters or story had appealed to me more. In the end my disinterest in the heroine and hero and their story ultimately made this a DNF for me.
Stephanie
first I have to agree with Miss Kim. There are a lot of characters to keep straight and I found myself flipping back through the pages to remind myself who did what and who was with you. with that being said it was still an intriguing story. worth the read.
Kathy
Great book! Loved that I could figure out who was doing the killing until the very last few pages! Made me not want to put it down. I loved how Ms. Bush, kept me guessing throughout the book. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves a good whodoneit!.
Melissa
I actually give this book 4-1/2 stars! This was the best mystery I've read in a long time. Usually I figure out "who did it" before the end but every time I thought I know, I was proved wrong. I would recommend this to anyone who likes mysteries.
Melissa
I couldn't read it past page 77 or so. This book was so horrendous. I'm pretty sure it was written by a tween, will have to check the author's bio. I wrote about like this in 4th grade, and I'm not a stellar writer.
  • Scared To Death (Live to Tell, #2)
  • Wicked Lies (Wicked Series, #2)
  • Deadly Sins (Mindhunters, #6)
  • Dead By Nightfall (Griffin Powell, #13)
  • Borrowed Time
  • Senseless (Senseless, #1)
  • The Devil's Footprints
  • Midnight Rain
  • Blood Stains
  • Sanctuary Cove (Cavanaugh Island, #1)
  • Last Whisper
Bestselling author Nancy Bush has had an eclectic writing career. She started her first story when she heard how young mothers were making money writing romance novels. She thought, “I can do that,” and talked her sister, bestselling author, Lisa Jackson, into joining her in her foray into writing. At the time Nancy was a young mother herself. Now, she says she's just…a mother.

Nancy began her care...more
More about Nancy Bush...
Candy Apple Red (Jane Kelly, #1) Nowhere to Run (Nowhere, #1) Electric Blue (Jane Kelly, #2) Ultraviolet (Jane Kelly, #3) Blind Spot