Mistletoe Wishes: The Billionaire's Christmas Gift\One Christmas Night in Venice\Snowbound with the Millionaire

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  23 reviews
"The Billionaire's Christmas Gift" by Carole MortimerNick Steele's heart is closed to everyone but his daughter. He will do anything to make this Christmas special for his little girl, though sharing the holidays with her impossibly attractive teacher wasn't at all what he had planned. But the lovely and vibrant Ms. Beth Morgan soon has Nick rethinking his own wish list. M...more
Published October 4th 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

Clive Howe
I received this book as a Goodreads Giveaway just in time as a stocking filler for my Mother.
She read each of the three stories individually, one each night and loved them all. Although a little predictable in their outcome, she still nevertheless, found them enjoyable. #
Three charming romantic stories all based round the Christmas holiday, all with happy endings perfect for that time of year. If you're looking for a bit of escapism intto a romantic winter wonderland, she says this is the book f...more
Susan
All three were good stories. The first one was nice with the teacher connecting so well with the little girl. I liked the way she stood up to Nick. The second was ok. Dom was a bit more arrogant than I really liked, though I was glad to see him loosen up by the end. My favorite was the third one. This seemed to be the most real of the three stories. Georgia and Chance worked well together in the storm. I liked the way they were together, even though they had their moments of idiocy.
Natalie
There are 3 short stories in this book. The first one is called "The billionaires Christmas gift" by Carole Mortimer! This one was the only one I couldn't get into. The story was OK but how can you fall in love and get proposed to in about a week? It seemed to jump into stuff way to fast, but that's just my opinion.
The second story was called "One Christmas night in Venice" by Jane Porter. This to me was a very magical story, and you find such a warm feeling from this story. I will read more b...more
Marlene Engel
Diane Mayer entered the ballroom of Ca' Coducci's palazzo for a masquerade gala fundraiser. She wasn't quite sure why she came? Did she need closure? This was her late husband's home. She lost him five years prior in a car accident that also took the life of her unborn child. While watching everyone dance around in their masked costumes, there were two people on the floor who were just so beautiful and moved perfectly in sync with each other. Something about him made her feel emotions that she h...more
Mariana Bezerra
The Billionaire’s Christmas Gift by Carole Mortimer

Beth has problems with her relationships since an accident took away her husband and both her parents and now three years later she’s dealing with intense fellings toward Nick, a parent off one little student of her. Nick is a widower just like Beth the only diference is that he never get to know what means to love someone. So when he discovers stranges thoughts and fellings is a bit harder for him to understand what he feels really means.

I thou...more
Romancing the Book
Review by JoAnne:

This was a Christmas anthology of romance stories by three authors I have not read before - Carole Mortimer, Jane Porter and Catherine George. All three books kept my attention from the beginning although they were quite different in their setting and storylines. The stories all centered around Christmas, had some tears, laughter, lots of conflict and angst especially amongst those falling in love. One Christmas Night in Venice was heartbreaking with its separation by death stor...more
Elizabeth
I enjoyed this book. Although, I was not overly fond of the first story of Nick Steele and Bethan Morgan. I found the story line totally unbelievable and the relationship rushed. He is a happily single dad, she is an unhappy widow getting over her husbands death. They do not seem to like each other very much, except for the fact the he wants her because she does not want him. And in the matter of a few short occasions that they are around each other they are suddenly in love and getting married....more
Cleffairy
Reviewed at: Over A Cuppa Tea
Review date: 5th September 2011
Review link: http://cleffairy.wordpress.com/2011/09/04/mistletoe-wishes/

‘Mistletoe Wishes’ is a collection of three stories by three different authors. Like the title suggested, they’re all Christmas themed novels. The stories are heartwarming and passionate, though I find that it’s just another one of those typical Harlequin Christmas romance.

There’s nothing out of ordinary, but all ofthe stories are enjoyable nevertheless.

I rate this...more
Cláudia P.
I received this book last year, actually this year but in January, so I decided to wait until the end 2012 to read it. I don´t say this book is bad, I guess I was just expecting something more in Christmas spirit, and read it on bad time. Besides, the style of speech isn´t one of my favorites, I like romances but not exactly on this kind. Even so, I liked more the last little story. It was small, sweet and quickly to read. The second one was interesting but I would like in a book, and not in so...more
Jacqueline
This is a review for the second story in the book. One Christmas Night in Venice by Jane Porter. This story had a lot of angsty potential. Both the hero and the heroine were told the other was dead 5 years ago after a car crash. They meet again. There were plenty of angsty bits but somehow the story didn't gel for me. Maybe them getting back together just happened so fast.
Ruth
This collection of three short romances is exactly what you'd expect reading the summaries above. They are what they are, and while they had steamy scenes, each of the stores was a real story with a plotline. Grade: B- (best I give this type of book).

I'd like to thank the publisher for making a review copy available via NetGalley. I was not obligated to write a positive review.
Princess
This was the First Reads Book that I won and I'm so grateful that I won because while all the author's stories were good, the second story felt the most vivid to me. I now have a new author to look into in Jane Porter. (Thank you GoodReads First Reads!) Heartbreaking and heartwarming all at the same time. She took a story that would be completely unbelievable and made me believe.
LorettaLynn
This is a small set of Christmas stories.

These where a nice little set of stories, and I enjoyed reading each one.
You know that saying; You never no what’s going to happen! Well this is just what happened here. Each story has it’s own little plot based around the holiday season.
Recommended to romance readers..

Nice little stories..

Happy Reading Everyone!!
Lisa Anne
I really should have known better. Romantic novels depleat my brain cells.
Loraine
These three novellas actually had decent story lines and interesting characters but the authors included bedroom scenes with too much information that spoiled it for me.

Of the three, I especially like the plot in One Christmas Night in Venice. Felt the author could have really made this into an excellent novel.
Tara Cadenelli
"One Christmas Night in Venice" was enjoyable, but the first and third stories were some of the worst I've read in this genre. Badly written and edited with ridiculous nonstop misunderstandings...really not worth reading IMO. Averaged out to two stars total because of the second story.
Shallowreader VaVeros

I read the Carole Mortimer story. I felt it was too short both in book length and in the time frame between the protagonists meeting and their (unbelievable) grand lurvvve declration. Romance in a short story format rarely works for me.
Debbie
One Christmas Night in Venice by Jane Porter
This was a very enjoyable holiday read. I loved the details of Venice that the reader gets with this reunion story.
Lynette
It's well outside my usual fare, but I can enjoy the occasional light and fluffy. Note to the guys: this is definitely a chick book.
Loretta
This is very typical Harlequin love stories, and very easy to read. I truly enjoyed them for what they are, a predictable basic love story.
Sandy Forman-Johnson
This was a 3 for 1 in which each story was predictable. Very fast reading, a book full of fluff.
Janice
This is were not my favorite. They were OK.
Christine Hatfield
Christine Hatfield marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
I would like this book 1 5 Dec 21, 2011 12:49AM
Carole Mortimer was born in a village in England that she claims was so small that "if you blinked as you drove through it you could miss seeing it completely!" She adds that her parents still live in the house where she first came into the world, and her two brothers live very close by.

Carole's early ambition to become a nurse came to an abrupt end after only one year of training due to a weaknes...more
More about Carole Mortimer...
Pregnant with the Billionaire's Baby A Past Revenge (Harlequin Presents, No 780) Lady Arabella's Scandalous Marriage The Duke's Cinderella Bride Wife By Contract, Mistress By Demand