Start by marking “One Night, Two Heirs (Texas Cattleman's Club: The Showdown #1)” as Want to Read:
One Night, Two Heirs (Texas Cattleman's Club: The Showdown #1)

One Night, Two Heirs (Texas Cattleman's Club: The Showdown #1)

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  207 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Duty is his world. And upon seeing Sadie Price with twin girls, marine Rick Pruitt realizes he has some proposing to do. He never would have left Royal, Texas, if he'd known Sadie was carrying his babies.Yet the feisty single mom has no intention of agreeing to a loveless marriage. True, she and Rick share a bond, as well as undeniable passion. But Sadie believes vows shou ...more
Published July 5th 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about One Night, Two Heirs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Night, Two Heirs

Jae
If you like your books with some story line of sorts, this book is surely not for you. And since I like mine oozing with plots, this book was a big fat flop.

Rick and Sadie had a tumble three years ago before he went off to Middle East for duty. And when she got pregnant, she decided to keep the news from him so not to distract him (what???). And now he's back in town and discovered that that magical night of unprotected sex three years ago had made him a father to twin daughters. So he asked Sad
Jacqueline
There wasn't much to this book really. It wasn't poorly written but it wasn't stand out writing either. The characterization was light. Motivations for the secret child aspect were not good. When he did come home and learn of the twins, she didn't want to marry him if he didn't love her. Fair enough. Motivation for him to decide he wouldn't love again was weird. (view spoiler) ...more
Emily
Marine Rick Pruitt returns home to Royal, Texas with a month to figure out if he wants to reenlist or come home and take care of his land. The only thing he is completely sure of is he wants to seek out the woman he couldn't stop thinking about for the last three years, Sadie Price. One night with her and Rick's world turned upside down, literally.

Sadie knew the time had come to tell Rick he had twin daugthers when she bumped into him, but she is shocked when he demands marriage. As often as she
Susan Mallery
A classic romance with a feisty heroine and a hero who is everything I love in a man: strong, honorable, protective, sexy and rich.
RLA
The hero Rick has just returned from active duty as a marine and is considering coming home for good. His experience while on duty and the death of a fellow marine have left him feeling a little raw. When he runs into Sadie, the heroine, he is pleased to see her again and reminded of the almost perfect night they spent together three years ago. However his pleasure turns to shock when Sadie reveals that their night together resulted in beautiful twin girls. Angry and hurt that Sadie kept this fo ...more
Susan
I loved this book. Maureen Child is one of my favorite authors, and my favorites of her books are the ones she writes with Marines. Rick is home on leave when he finds out about the girls. He feels it is his duty to marry Sadie and give the girls a two parent family. He is afraid to give in to love because of what happened to a friend. Sadie won't marry for anything less than love. The confrontations between the two are intense. In a side story is the war between Sadie's brother Brad and her bes ...more
HÜLYA
Oldukça güzel kurgusu vardı...Çocukluk aşkı aile,çocuk temaları ağırlıkta idi.
Gelgitleri olan bir hikaye idi..Sadie'nin akıl almaz inadı ve kararlılığı.Rick'in de aynı şekilde cevap vermesi aralarındaki ilişkiyi zaman zaman geriyordu..Yine de okurken sıkılmadan okudum hikayeden çok zevk aldım..
Çekingen,sessiz Sadie çocukluğundan beri Rick PRuitt'e aşıktı ama o iyi bişr kızdı asla ailesinin sözünden çıkmazdı..Öyle ki babasının uygun gördüğü onu sevmeyen bir erkekle de ailesinin isteği üzerine evl
Andrea Guy
Maureen Child is one of my favorite author's for the Desire line. I love her Kings of California series. So when I saw her latest book, I was excited and had to read it. It was a great quick read, but it didn't pack the punch that most of Ms. Child's other offerings have.

The plot is a bit old hat...A one night stand results in a pregnancy and the mother hides it from the father who is a marine on active duty. Really? I always wonder about the women who hide things like this from men who are othe
Book Binge
This is another fun and lightweight read for which Harlequin is famous. So many of us were raised on these simple but fun short novels and this story follows right along with the tried and true format.

Rick Pruitt has returned to Royal, Texas, carefully considering whether he will re-enlist for another tour or retire from the U. S. Marines. When Sadie introduces him to his twin daughters, children of whom he was completely unaware, the stakes go up. Now Rick wants Sadie--who he is not sure he "lo
Natasja
Rick Pruitt, a marine sergeant has returned home on a thirty-day leave, to figure out what he wants to do with his life. Should he sign up for more years at the marines or take over the family business, a ranch? He never could imagine he would be a father when he runs into Sadie Price, the woman he cannot get out his mind after one night full of passion.

Sadie Price has recently come back home to her childhood town after her failed marriage. Sadie always knew that the day would come that she runs
Scooper Speaks
Favorite Lines: “His daughters didn’t know him. He was a damn stranger to his own flesh and blood. That knowledge hurt more than he would have thought possible.” (p. 34-eARC)

Okay, I have issues with women who hide their pregnancies from decent men. I understand why the heroine of One Night, Two Heirs did so, but it still irked me to watch her justify her actions.

A previous marriage opened Sadie’s eyes to exactly where duty could lead people and she refuses to repeat past mistakes. In addition, s
Judith
A novel in the "Texas Cattlemen Club" series, and highlighting the story of Sadie Price and Rick Pruitt, both of whom grew up in this Texas town but whose lives never really connected until a fateful night of romance and loving. Many months later Rick is home on leave from the Marines and having to decide if he will re-enlist or finally come home to the family ranch which has been run by trusted family friends and employees during his years in the military. Seeing Sadie again was, of course, a p ...more
Cleffairy
Reviewed at: Library of Lights

Date reviewed: 6 May 2011

Review link: http://mykindaland.com/?p=235

One thing I absolutely loathe about books published by Harlequin is their repetitive plot. It’s always the same. The plot is usually designed to give the sense of escapism and the heroes are usually capable of coercing the heroine to bed them.

But then again, I couldn’t help myself but have my monthly Harlequin fix. Even though the plot is what I’m familiar with, I couldn’t seems to get enough. I don’
Marcela (BookaholicCat)
3 Stars

This review is also published at http://thebookaholiccat.com

After his tour in Iraq marine Rick Pruitt has returned home for his 30 days leave. He loves his life as a marine but now he is beginning to feel its toll. He is not sure if he should enlist again or retired and take the rains of his family ranch.
During his second day back in Royal, Texas he runs into Sadie Price, the woman that has attracted him all his life, the same one he had a one night stand before leaving for his tour of
Angela
Maureen Child has always been a favorite among the Harlequin authors. One night, two heirs is a nice little romance with a familiar theme. Our hero, Rick and our heroine, Sadie, had a passionate one night stand which resulted in Sadie becoming pregnant. Rick, being a marine left Sadie behind not knowing her condition. Rick comes home, three years later and finds out he's the father of two heart stopping little girls who have his eyes. The story begins with Rick wanting to do right by Sadie and m ...more
Miley the Book Junkie Reads . . .
I must say that I am very disappointed in this romance for one of our country's hero's. Regardless of the fact this is fiction. There were a lot of disjointed events that did not really seem to go together. I felt no passion or heat while reading. I could most certainly relate with Sadie and her dilemma that was rising between her and Rick. The story held too many things to be completed in the limited number of pages provided, which could explain some of the disjointedness that I was feeling whi ...more
Sassy
It was decent for the kind of super quick read it is. I'd read more by this author.
Lisa stephenson
It started off good, then it became a dull read.
Taylor
One Night, Two Heirs by Maureen Child is a fast telling story about changes in life that allow people to finally let love into their lives. Sadie and Rick are two characters whose passion for each other burns so bright it’s hard to believe the pages of this book have not caught fire. I give One Night, Two Heirs by Maureen Child 3.5 smirks because the characters were relatable, the storyline was to the point, and there was an ending to satisfy every reader out there.
Donna
I didn't like anything about this novel. I found Sadie selfish and immature. Any woman who is selfish enough to keep a man from his children is impossible for me to like or respect. Then her juvenile reaction to seeing Rick hugging a woman in public was ridiculous and completely unbelievable. The side plot with the also juvenile disagreement between Brad and Abby was annoying. Rick was the only likable character in the entire book and he alone couldn't save this one for me.
Readers Roundtable
3.5 Gold Crowns. Maureen Child perfectly captures the nuances of life in a small town and brings it vividly to life. Sadie and Rick are flawed yet vibrant, realistic characters that are fun and most definitely not boring. To view this review in its entirety, please visit http://thereadersroundtable.com/mains...
Ruth
After reading the book I understood that these two were physically attracted to each other. What I didn't understand is why (or even if) they loved each other. There was no character development at all.

Thanks to NetGalley for the review copy
Shone
Marine Rick Pruitt has no idea what he is in for when he returns home to Royal, Texas. Are h is giving and barking out order days over?
Laura YA indie princess

A enjoyable read with likeable chracters with a HOT marine as man candy.
ஐ Canan ஐ `·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._
güzeldi güzel..devamıda olacakmış iyi bari.merak ettiğim durum ve kişiler vardı.
Ladyacct
I always enjoy this author's books and this was a really good story.
Layali
No surprise here, your standard Harlequin romance.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Texas Cattleman's Club: The Showdown
Debbie
One of THE BEST ever!!!
Cj
Good read.
  • Her Little Secret, His Hidden Heir
  • Billionaire's Jet Set Babies
  • An After-Hours Affair (Texas Cattleman's Club: The Showdown #3)
  • Sex, Lies and the Southern Belle (Dynasties: The Kincaids #1)
  • What Happens in Charleston... (Dynasties: The Kincaids #2)
  • Dante's Honor-Bound Husband (The Dante Legacy #8)
  • Her Innocence, His Conquest
  • A Man of His Word (Lawyers in Love, #1)
  • The Boss's Baby Affair
  • Temptation (Texas Cattleman's Club: The Showdown #5)
  • The Sarantos Secret Baby
  • Into His Private Domain (Men Of Wolff Mountain #1)
  • The Nanny Bombshell
  • What Lies Beneath
  • Claiming His Royal Heir
USA Today best selling author Maureen Child is the author of more than ninety romance novels and novellas. Maureen is a five time nominee for the prestigious Rita award from Romance Writers of America.
One of her novels, A Pocketful Of Paradise, was made into a CBS-TV movie called The Soul Collector, starring Melissa Gilbert, Bruce Greenwood and Ossie Davis.
Over the years, she’s written under lot
More about Maureen Child...

Texas Cattleman's Club: The Showdown (6 books)
  • The Rebel Tycoon Returns (Texas Cattleman's Club: The Showdown #2)
  • An After-Hours Affair (Texas Cattleman's Club: The Showdown #3)
  • Millionaire Playboy, Maverick Heiress (Texas Cattleman's Club: The Showdown #4)
  • Temptation (Texas Cattleman's Club: The Showdown #5)
  • In Bed with the Opposition (Texas Cattleman's Club: The Showdown #6)
Baby Bonanza Beauty and the Best Man (Dynasties: The Lassiters) Bargaining for King's Baby (Kings of California, #1) Wedding at King's Convenience (Kings of California, #6) Bedeviled (Queen of the Otherworld, #1)