Start by marking “The Contestant (Silhouette Bombshell, #52)” as Want to Read:
The Contestant (Silhouette Bombshell, #52)

The Contestant (Silhouette Bombshell, #52)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  9 reviews

How far would her competition go to win a million dollars? Lying? Cheating? Murder?

That's what former Olympic diver Talia Mooney feared when the body washed up on the site of the Ultimate Endurance reality TV show. Now she was stranded on a tropical island with her fellow contestants and their nervous host. One of them had to be the killer.

Was it the wannabe starlet, the

Published July 1st 2005 by Silhouette Books

To ask other readers questions about The Contestant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Contestant

MelissaB
This was a very good suspense romance. The heroine was quite likable, she was strong and smart but also nice. The hero was interesting, he was smitten with the heroine very quickly. The background idea of the reality series was the weakest part of the story, a series like Survivor goes to way more effort to assure the safety of the contestants. The story itself was very suspenseful, I had no idea who the murderer was until the reveal. If you like suspense romance with a survival theme, this one ...more
Saly
I really enjoyed this book, it was great especially the heroine who was so kick-ass, a former Olympian diver, she had spent four years in college studying to be an accountant, when her dreamer father got into trouble and needed money and she joined a reality show to make money, hating it since she never liked the camera.

She meets a mix up of people, some spoilt, some craving adventure and the hero who can't seem to keep his eyes of her and makes it clear he wants her and is there to win. The her
This was part of a blogger bundle and it was fantastic! I loved the premise and the strength of the heroine. I loved the way the hero loves how powerful she is. This is a book that I wish was longer and that's the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars.
Pamela(AllHoney)
A quick read for me. I've enjoyed the show Survivor in the past and it was interesting to read a story based on that concept. The hero was a bit of a jerk at times but overall I enjoyed it.
Jennifer Wardrip
Four-and-a-half years ago, Talia Mooney was a diver set to win Olympic gold. When she broke fingers on her right hand during her first dive, however, the gold-and her father's dreams-came to an end. Although Talia still took home the silver medal, for her, diving for competition's sake was over. Now she could go back to doing what she loved best-swimming, diving, and being in the water for no other reason than because she loved it.

Now, though, there are problems in Mooney-land. Her father, Coli
Athena Braun
I watch Survivor so when I read the back of this book..It seemed interesting and it was..A body washes up on the island U are stuck on with the other contestants..Who is the killer? I liked the inside view of how a show like this could be..I enjoyed it!
i dont usually like these suspense mystery romances but the visuals i got from this book were good and lasting...she is a smooth writer..i surprisingly enjoyed it
Molly O'keefe
Awesome book - awesome premise. Awesome actiona and romance - loved it!
Kelly
Vanilla romance
Megan Lynn
Megan Lynn marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
M0481
M0481 marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Sophia
Sophia added it
Mar 01, 2015
Rebecca Reads
Rebecca Reads marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Nixee
Nixee marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Ana
Ana marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Chrissy
Chrissy marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Shantyl
Shantyl marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Marianne
Marianne marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
201802
It all started with Shanna and Star Wars. An odd combination, I know, but what people don't appreciate about Star Wars is the deep romantic element between two of the lead characters. I wasn't seven years-old when I was able to clearly spot that Han and Leia were supposed to be a couple.

Sure most of my friends, who at the time weren't nearly as mature as I was – after all some of them were still s
More about Stephanie Doyle...
An Act of Persuasion (Tyler Group, #2) The Way Back One Final Step (Tyler Group, #1) One True Love? (Harlequin Flipside, #2) The Doctor's Deadly Affair