Start by marking “Research Strategies: Finding Your Way Through the Information Fog” as Want to Read:
Research Strategies: Finding Your Way Through the Information Fog

Research Strategies: Finding Your Way Through the Information Fog

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  82 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Writing research papers does not have to be the painful experience many people make it out to be. It is possible to develop significant skills in order to make the writing process much easier than you think. In "Research Strategies," author William Badke offers a clear, simple, and often humorous roadmap for conducting research and navigating the vast new world of informat ...more
Published April 14th 2011 by iUniverse

To ask other readers questions about Research Strategies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Research Strategies

I expected a clinical, dry read...who but a librarian or teacher reads a book about research strategies? I was surprised to find a pleasantly readable, humorous(!) book which gives great tips for researchers, as well for those of us teaching research skills to our students. Likely not a cover-to-cover book for most, Badke has great tips for gleaning the very best information from your reference searches. Recommended for students and educators.
Lisette Hernandez
If you're planning on becoming a librarian or know a student struggling with research papers then just please. Get this. GET this. This is such a gold mine that somewhere a prospector in the West just did the prospector dance.
Badke writes in an approachable, accessible fashion about concepts that often aren't so approachable. As a librarian I appreciate his voice in his writing and the way that he organizes this work.
I wish this were required when I was in undergrad. Every college, graduate school, or seminary student could learn from this well put together book.
Bill Badke has written a book that walks college students through the research process, explaining how to choose a good research question, selecting keywords, searching with controlled vocabulary, understanding metadata, and so much more. The appendix offers lists of bad, good, and better research questions, making it easy to teach a workshop on this idea.

Badke also includes a chapter on searching the internet for academic sources. He recommends a number of academic search engines. For the pric
Matthew Behnke
I loved this book. It was extremely well organized and full of excellent resources. As I began reading, Badke's nerdy/schmarmy tone was off-putting, but as I continued, found it oddly endearing. By the end, I felt as though I personally knew my guide through the information fog. Badke trans-substantiated during my information journey, becoming the Virgil to my Dante.
Barbara Burd
Badke is extremely thorough in his treatment of research strategy. This book is a valuable resource for teachers who are seeking to improve their skills and for students who are using this as a textbook. A very comprehensive resource for librarians and educators who are teaching information literacy skills and concepts through a thorough research process.
Laura marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2015
Vesselin marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2015
Tenacious Reader
Tenacious Reader marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2015
Amy Westmoreland
Amy Westmoreland is currently reading it
Sep 01, 2015
A marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
ToeKnee Hobbs
ToeKnee Hobbs marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Becky Swanson
Becky Swanson marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Traci added it
Aug 03, 2015
Elise added it
Jul 02, 2015
Gabe Pfefer
Gabe Pfefer marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Research Strategies: Finding Your Way Through the Information Fog, 5th Edition The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Meaning of Everything The Search (Ben Sylvester Mystery) Teaching Research Processes the Faculty Role in the Development of Skilled Student Researchers Avenger (Ben Sylvester Mystery)