Start by marking “Research Strategies: Finding Your Way Through the Information Fog” as Want to Read:
Research Strategies: Finding Your Way Through the Information Fog

Research Strategies: Finding Your Way Through the Information Fog

Writing research papers does not have to be the painful experience many people make it out to be. It is possible to develop significant skills in order to make the writing process much easier than you think. In "Research Strategies," author William Badke offers a clear, simple, and often humorous roadmap for conducting research and navigating the vast new world of ...more
Published April 14th 2011 by iUniverse

To ask other readers questions about Research Strategies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Research Strategies

Sue
Apr 21, 2015 Sue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I expected a clinical, dry read...who but a librarian or teacher reads a book about research strategies? I was surprised to find a pleasantly readable, humorous(!) book which gives great tips for researchers, as well for those of us teaching research skills to our students. Likely not a cover-to-cover book for most, Badke has great tips for gleaning the very best information from your reference searches. Recommended for students and educators.
Lisette Hernandez
Nov 15, 2012 Lisette Hernandez rated it it was amazing
If you're planning on becoming a librarian or know a student struggling with research papers then just please. Get this. GET this. This is such a gold mine that somewhere a prospector in the West just did the prospector dance.
Sean-david
Aug 10, 2013 Sean-david rated it really liked it
I wish this were required when I was in undergrad. Every college, graduate school, or seminary student could learn from this well put together book.
Elizabeth
Apr 28, 2014 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Badke writes in an approachable, accessible fashion about concepts that often aren't so approachable. As a librarian I appreciate his voice in his writing and the way that he organizes this work.
Vesselin
Oct 13, 2016 Vesselin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Читава книжка и лека за четене. Подходяща е за всеки, който желае да научи как да прави по-добре проучвания (включително курсови работи, дисертации и т.н.). Знаех доста от нещата вече, но тези, които бяха нови за мен, ми бяха много полезни.
Spencer
May 04, 2013 Spencer rated it really liked it
Bill Badke has written a book that walks college students through the research process, explaining how to choose a good research question, selecting keywords, searching with controlled vocabulary, understanding metadata, and so much more. The appendix offers lists of bad, good, and better research questions, making it easy to teach a workshop on this idea.

Badke also includes a chapter on searching the internet for academic sources. He recommends a number of academic search engines. For the pric
Stan
Jan 02, 2016 Stan rated it really liked it
This is a great book if you're doing any scholarly research. I really like Umberto Eco's "How to Write a Thesis", but this book is valuable too. Eco's methodology and extremely high standards are exemplary, but a little dated where research technology is concerned.

Badke fills in that gap wonderfully. He explains modern research technology and how to use it extremely well. He is a Librarian, after all. Of course, he's also a professor who has taught research tech to thousands of students for near
Barbara Burd
Apr 13, 2012 Barbara Burd rated it really liked it
Badke is extremely thorough in his treatment of research strategy. This book is a valuable resource for teachers who are seeking to improve their skills and for students who are using this as a textbook. A very comprehensive resource for librarians and educators who are teaching information literacy skills and concepts through a thorough research process.
Matthew Behnke
Jun 07, 2016 Matthew Behnke rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-science
I loved this book. It was extremely well organized and full of excellent resources. As I began reading, Badke's nerdy/schmarmy tone was off-putting, but as I continued, found it oddly endearing. By the end, I felt as though I personally knew my guide through the information fog. Badke trans-substantiated during my information journey, becoming the Virgil to my Dante.
Deborah Pendleton
Deborah Pendleton rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2016
Alex Timberman
Alex Timberman rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2015
Lucas Aleman
Lucas Aleman rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2014
Tsukiori
Tsukiori rated it really liked it
Nov 10, 2013
Andrew Warnes
Andrew Warnes rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2015
Joyce
Joyce rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2013
Fidel Jiron jr.
Fidel Jiron jr. rated it liked it
Dec 12, 2015
Maria Guerra
Maria Guerra rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2015
Rhonda
Rhonda rated it liked it
Nov 11, 2011
Ccc Library
Ccc Library rated it really liked it
May 09, 2013
Andres Vera
Andres Vera rated it liked it
Oct 27, 2016
TheEmptySky
TheEmptySky rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2016
Tim Smith
Tim Smith rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2015
Amanda Pearl
Amanda Pearl rated it it was ok
Mar 12, 2013
Dominic Wemochiga Amonzem
Dominic Wemochiga Amonzem rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2015
Sandy
Sandy rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2015
Robert Lukenbill iii
Robert Lukenbill iii rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2015
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it it was ok
Apr 08, 2015
Ken Garrett
Ken Garrett rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2015
Inkslob
Inkslob rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2015