Start by marking “Fanning the Flames (The Match Before Christmas, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fanning the Flames (The Match Before Christmas, #2)

Fanning the Flames (The Match Before Christmas #2)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  160 ratings  ·  38 reviews
The man of Barry's dreams has gone from a sugarplum fantasy to sweet reality, thanks to the GLBT dating site GetaDate.com. Introducing a new boyfriend to the family and settling into coupledom isn't the easiest thing in the world for a man with little dating experience, but the romantic demands of Valentine's Day are beyond Barry's imagination. His piteous cry for help bri ...more
Published May 1st 2011 by Torquere Press

To ask other readers questions about Fanning the Flames, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fanning the Flames

I'll Be Your Drill, Soldier by Crystal RoseShattered Glass by Dani AlexanderCut & Run by Abigail RouxSno Ho by Ethan DayTell Me It's Real by T.J. Klune
The Best Humorous Gay Romances
154th out of 374 books — 912 voters
Caught Running by Madeleine UrbanPromises by Marie SextonTigers and Devils by Sean KennedyFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsMuscling Through by J.L. Merrow
Favorite M/M Romance Fiction Comfort Reads
202nd out of 425 books — 296 voters

More lists with this book...

Cole Riann
A Definite DIK Read!

I've been looking forward to this sequel to The Match Before Christmas for several months now, ever since Eden mentioned that she planned to follow up on the story of Barry and his disastrous dating mis-adventures. I loved that story to pieces, and have read it several times in the intervening months. At the time, and with the subsequent readings, the only thing that I had wished from that story was more time with Adam. I am therefore extremely pleased to say that my wish cam
Simsala
Awwwwww...! Endearing and funny in the best possible way.I LOVE Barry,Adam and the two (three) Tom`s.
More??? Please,please,please....;-)
Vio
Oct 29, 2011 Vio rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Vio by: Simsala
Shelves: cute, funny, lovely, romantic
My favorite boys are back the "Toms", Barry and Adam. Awww I love these guys they are such sweethearts you just want to hug them both! Gee poor Barry he just couldn't win could he every attempt he made to find the perfect Valentines gift for Adam turned out to be a tragedy, what mayhem and sheer bad luck, in the end though it all worked out beautifully. An amusing and endearing story that leaves you feeling happy and content. Lovely!
Ann
Barry is the king of serendipity. And while his adventures may not start as happy accidents, they always turn out that way. While Barry may think he is a clueless boyfriend because of his lack of dating experience, he is the best kind of boyfriend to have. Lucky Adam!
Mtsnow13
I loved the comedy of errors! Murpy's Law in action... and the smiles and happiness spread to co-workers, friends and family... made me really think 'this is
one real nice guy'. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to the third installment ;)
Deeze
As good as the first book. I am totally in love with Barry. This book is a real comedy of errors that is totally worth reading. I really hope to read more on this couple, these short insights just leave me wanting more.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Great sequel!
I liked it even better than the first, and hope there might be more of Barry and Adam :)
♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)
It's Valentine's Day and Barry is trying to figure out what to get for his new boyfriend, Adam.

The Match Before Christmas left off with Barry and Adam at the beginning of their relationship. It's two months later now and Barry is totally and completely taken with Adam. He wants to give Adam the best Valentine's Day ever and sets the course to do just that.

But this is Barry and, just like his dating adventures in the previous story, Barry's attempts to create the perfect Valentine's Day becomes
L-D
We met Barry in The Match Before Christmas and cringed at his attempts to meet dates on the website GetaDate.com. After finally meeting Adam, a professor, things seemed good. But it's now Valentine and Barry is not sure what to get Adam for their first Valentine's Day together. The only thing Barry is 100% certain of, is that he doesn't want to move too fast and have Adam run for the hills. It seems like a straightforward story, but it has some cute little mishaps and the ending is the best part ...more
L.C.
Sep 27, 2011 L.C. rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m, own
Barry is so sweet and charming. While everything that can go wrong does, he still manages to do what he set out to. And he does it well. :-)
Heller
Tom III!! :D

Continuing Barry's story. Adorable.
Serena Yates
I must admit that, like Barry, I thought once he had found Mr. Right, aka Adam, the professor, in 'A Match Before Christmas', everything would be smooth, easy sailing for him. He has already introduced Adam to his family, and they seem quite comfortable together in daily life, the only thing he struggles with is Adam's reminder that they should take it slow. Barry doesn’t want to take it slow, he wants Adam to move in so they can start to build a future together. And even though the "L" word is ...more
Cryselle
Barry's back for another round of misadventures in love – we first met this adorable but romantically inept man in Eden Winters' The Match Before Christmas, where he found his delectable Adam. It's Valentine's Day, Barry's wild to make Adam feel loved and appreciated, but without a clue of his own, every suggestion he takes has the possibility to go wrong, and in Fanning the Flames, it does.

It's not for lack of trying – there's so much trying that Adam would feel overwhelmed if Barry's planning
DaisyGirl
4.5 Stars

Barry and his GetaDate.com dream-date, Adam, are settling into coupledom. Barry is totally enamored with his sugarplum fantasy come to life but is determined to respect Adam's request to take things slow. Nonetheless, he wants to show Adam how special he is on their very first Valentine's Day. Adam's allergies, however, sideline Barry's best-laid plans. But, as Adam recognizes, Barry's love and devotion shines through nonetheless.

This was a wonderful installment in the series. I really
Lauraadriana
Barry really is TOO precious...This story catches us up with our misadventurous (Is that a word?) online dater a couple of months after meeting Adam, the man of his dreams, through an online dating service.

It's Valentine's day and all of our sweet Barry's insecurities come out to play...I love Barry he wears it all on his sleeve he is so neurotic and adorable and SO wants to be the perfect partners to Adam and oh boy, does he try. I laughed and sighed and cheered for Barry and Adam...this was lo
Feliz
This sequel to "A Match Before Christmas" is a sweet and comforting read full of gentle humor that transported its important message without ever wagging the moral forefinger. Right from the beginning, I could guess where this delightful comedy of errors was going, but it pleased me greatly to watch Barry stagger along in his attempts to do everything right. The solution was a real Valentine's treat, not only for Adam...
MsMiz (Tina)
I could not wait to read this. Ms. Winter's created amazing characters that you just want to know and read about. I hope this is not the last we are able to read about Barry, Adam, the 3 Toms, and the matchmaking crew.
Amanda
A continuation of A Match Before Christmas. Barry is planning the perfect Valentines day for Adam, unfortunately things don't go as planned. Still cute, still funny and still gives me warm fuzzies.
Chris
Excellent short Valentines-themed m/m romance that follows up with Barry and Adam after they've been dating for two months, as Barry tries to figure out the perfect, non-pressuring gift for Adam.
Tam
4.5 Stars

A great follow up to the first book, where everything that could go wrong does, on Valentine's and in the end, it doesn't matter in the least. Very cute.
Carole Cummings
One of the good things about being perpetually behind is that sometimes I get to go right to the sequel without having to wait for the author to actually write it. I was so glad to get to follow Barry into further misadventures as he tries to impress his new The One! for Valentine's Day. Just as fun and funny and sweet as The Match Before Christmas, and this time, there were even a few snuffly Kleenex moments that--once again--left me smiling when I finished the story. A terrific follow-up to a ...more
Mrs Condit & Friends Read Books
I loved that like in the first book, THE MATCH BEFORE CHRISTMAS, Barry takes steps to make others happy without even realizing that he is doing it. To him he’s just solving a problem, but to his friends he’s a fairy godfather, helping everyone get what they wanted and needed. Eden Winters has hit another home run with this little novella and I’m looking forward to the third book in the series.

Please see my complete review at http://mrsconditreadsbooks.com/index.... (Dec 22), and an interview wit
Mara Ismine
Poor Barry goes through a lot of hoops to find the perfect Valentine gift for Adam. It is a very expensive time for Barry although all his friends are very happy with the results.

A fun visit with the characters from The Match Before Christmas
Blackraven's Reviews
...Ms. Winters has nailed it, providing rich characters, true emotions, and the same humor we saw in the first book. As I read I found myself chuckling at the various comedy of errors. To read this review in its entirety, please visit http://www.blackravensreviews.com/?p=...
Rachel
I adored this sequel! So hilarious and sweet and just a wonderful read. Highly recommened, and make sure to read the Match Before Christmas first. I loved this!
Sadonna
I thought this was a really fitting follow up for Barry and Adam! Love them!
Amanda
A very sweet sequel to The Match Before Christmas.
Doroty E. (Whiskey)
I´m wishing for Barry this Christmas!
Angelique
This is a sweet story about the pitfalls of a first Valentine's Day between Barry and Adam and how Barry, an admitted neophyte when it comes to relationships, spends the whole story trying to figure out the perfect gift for his love.
You cringe for his mistakes, as if they were your own. You cheer for him when he gets stuff right! Loved this story!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • A Summit City Christmas (Sno Ho, #2.5)
  • Making His List
  • Carol of the Bellskis (Bellskis, #1)
  • Christmas with Danny Fit
  • Hopes and Fears
  • One of Those Days
  • Go Fish
  • Mending Noel (North Pole City Tales #1)
  • Simple Gifts (Cornwall Novellas, #2)
  • Personal Shopper
  • Dirty Zero (Zero to Hero, #1)
  • First Impressions (First Impressions, #1)
  • The Manny
  • Out of the Closet (The Closet, #1)
  • Sock it to Me, Santa!
  • Of Cocoa and Men
  • The Ghost on My Couch
  • Winter Warmers
I'm a down home country girl and avid reader who made the leap to author. I enjoy great books, great friends, and lively discussions.

More about Eden Winters...
Diversion (Diversion, #1) The Angel of 13th Street The Telling (The Telling, #1) The Sentinel Settling the Score