Start by marking “Arthur (The Grail Quest Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Arthur (The Grail Quest Trilogy, #1)

Arthur (Grail Quest #1)

Hidden deep within the ancient, mist-covered hills of Glastonbury, England is a secret that could forever change the world. A secret that could help usher in a new age of enlightenment for all mankind. Or so the legend goes....

Plagued by months of persistent dreams of King Arthur, Merlin and the Holy Grail, mystery novelist James Dupree finally sets out to England to under
Published April 21st 2011 by Amazon Digital Services

Carla
Jan 03, 2012 Carla rated it it was amazing
The crazy thing about this book is that I knew more about the King Arthur legend than I even thought. This was a crazy wild ride and the direction I thought it was going it never went. Good job keeping the pace. This is pure fantasy and a joy to read.
Nancy
Oct 12, 2014 Nancy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good!
Connie Jasperson
Sep 13, 2013 Connie Jasperson rated it really liked it
I stumbled across Arthur: Grail Quest 1, by J.R. Rain when I was cruising the top one-hundred Arthurian tales on Amazon (doesn't everyone?) and wondered what sort of a twist J.R. Rain would bring to the old grail-tale. The cover is quite misleading in that this book is an urban fantasy, and very little of it is truly Arthurian, although there are some references. But that is okay--the story itself it what is important, not the historical antecedents.

The Blurb:

Hidden deep within the ancient, mist
Madelon
Sep 30, 2015 Madelon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is always refreshing to read a book that is both well edited and a great story. THE GRAIL LEGACY is just such a book.

In fiction writing, it is often the goal of the writer to produce a suspension of disbelief in the reader. So what happens when it is the writer protagonist that is put in a situation where he must so what he usually must engender in others? In order to succeed along these lines, the author crafting a tale about a fictional author must dig deep and proceed slowly. J. R. Rain ha
Regina
May 31, 2013 Regina rated it liked it
I enjoyed the story so far. The story moved along at a very good pace with action all through it! It could have been longer or combine the trilogy into one book. I loved Aurther, Marion, and even the dragon! I loved the correlation of entertwining God's love with the medevial storyline. The main character, James, I found to be very irritating in his unbelief, unwillingness to open or broaden his mind even in the midst of seemingly impossible situations. He is the most pessimistic, cry over ...more
Sheridan Lee
Feb 26, 2016 Sheridan Lee rated it it was amazing
Unexpected, but a pleasant journey.

Authors seem to write themselves into their books often. In this particular story J.R. is front and center. (Is there a little boy who doesn't want to fight along side King Arthur after reading about him??) He takes us on a spiritual journey this time. I'm enjoying reading his philosophical views. They seem in line with my own, but more evolved. ;)
Alicia Huxtable
Feb 01, 2014 Alicia Huxtable rated it really liked it
While an enjoyable read it certainly wasn't what I thought it would be. J.R Rain constantly surprises and delights me with his books and this one is no different......well except my favorite character was not one of the main characters, I loved the dragon. looking forward to reading the rest of the series
Russell
Mar 13, 2012 Russell rated it really liked it
Very good so far, reading this on my kindle (listening to Ready Player One on Audible) - Author has a great sense of humor, and so far this has been not at all what I expected, but very good, will be checking out more by JR Rain!
Finished the book, would recommend, however you might want to wait until the trilogy is complete if you don't like stopping in the middle of a story.....
Donna Zigmont
Jul 07, 2016 Donna Zigmont rated it it was ok
I wanted to like this book more than I did. The description made it sound awesome and I've read this author before. it started out really good. But unfortunately a few chapters in I found it rather far fetched. I had trouble keeping my attention focused on it. I liked the main character James. He reminds me of a friend of mine. I may go back and try to read this again but not right now.
Shelley
Jun 06, 2015 Shelley rated it really liked it
Lots of action

A fast read and enjoyable. I'm not into King Arthur and history, but I enjoyed this til the end. The only problem with a book with no ending is finding the next book. I didn't see it mentioned. Will try to find it.
Carolyn
May 30, 2011 Carolyn rated it really liked it
The ONLY reason this gets 4 stars instead of 5 is that it's ENTIRELY TOO SHORT. It's supposed to be a trilogy, but three of these stories should be combined into one.
Danan Kay Lievens
Jul 09, 2014 Danan Kay Lievens rated it it was amazing
Secret

So much in this books reminds one to be a better person and to give thanks to the One who has created us. beautiful read
Patti Hoerner
Sep 28, 2014 Patti Hoerner rated it really liked it
Easy read

I feel this story keeps you interested but I am some what disappointed that it is ... to be continued.
Leslie
May 11, 2016 Leslie rated it liked it
Ok, but not his best.

Not a bad piece of mind candy. But it has a lot of touchy_feely new age religious beliefs. The ending has sequel written all over it.
Mary
Apr 04, 2015 Mary rated it it was ok
Fun to read, but so short and undeveloped, it felt like watching a trailer for a motion picture. The cliffhanger ending was another blot, as nothing in the previous story was finished.
Sonja
Jul 21, 2016 Sonja rated it really liked it
Good read

This is a good book. Totally got me into it from the beginning. I wonder what the council told James his purpose is?
Brian Cartiff
Brian Cartiff rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2014
Michael Wampole
Michael Wampole rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2016
Sheri
Sheri rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2013
Jackie
Jackie rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2012
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2013
Derek Coleman
Derek Coleman rated it did not like it
Sep 04, 2015
keith m diver
keith m diver rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2015
Muhsketchy
Muhsketchy rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2016
Janet M Norden
Janet M Norden rated it liked it
Dec 20, 2013
Melanie
Melanie rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2013
Jesi
Jesi rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2016
Mike
Mike rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2015
LDQ
LDQ rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2015
Spencer
Spencer rated it did not like it
Jan 23, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Serpent and the Grail (Arthor, #4)
  • The Witch Queen's Secret (Twilight of Avalon, #1.5)
  • The Hungering Saga Complete (The Hungering Saga, #1-3)
  • A Circle Of Iron (Eldernost, #1)
  • The Branding
  • Escaping Destiny (Tapestry Chronicles, #1)
  • The Twenty Dollar Bill
  • Sole Sacrifice (The Kinshield Saga, #0.5)
  • Young Lord of Khadora (Forgotten Legacy, #1)
  • Beyond All Price
  • Cibola (Dane Maddock #2)
  • Beyond Eden (Eden Thrillers #2)
  • Yseult: A Tale of Love in the Age of King Arthur (The Pendragon Chronicles, #1)
  • At the Queen's Command (Crown Colonies, #1)
  • Mozart's Wife
  • Blue Fire and Ice (Land’s Tale, #1)
  • A Kingdom's Cost (The Douglas Trilogy, #1)
  • To Dream with the Dragons (Hyborean Dragons, #1)
I'm an ex-private investigator now writing full-time in the Pacific Northwest, where I live in a small house on a small island with my small dog, Sadie, who has more energy than Robin Williams.

As a kid I was always making stuff: skates, skateboards, skimboards, skis, sleds, clothing, furniture, wood carvings, Easter baskets, comic books, you name it. I was the mother of all nerds. Anyway, I think
More about J.R. Rain...