Start by marking “The Life of Cicero, Volume I (Dodo Press)” as Want to Read:
The Life of Cicero, Volume I (Dodo Press)

The Life of Cicero, Volume I (Dodo Press)

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  8 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Anthony Trollope (1815-1882) was one of the most successful, prolific and respected English novelists of the Victorian era. He wrote penetrating novels on political, social, and gender issues and conflicts of his day. In 1867 Trollope left his position in the British Post Office to run for Parliament as a Liberal candidate in 1868. After he lost, he concentrated entirely o...more
Published March 27th 2009 by Dodo Press (first published December 5th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The Life of Cicero, Volume I, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Life of Cicero, Volume I

Charles
Fred
This wasn't a bad book considering when it was written. I found two things at fault with it.

The first is that the writer makes the ridiculous assertion that Cicero was some sort of pre-Christianity Christian and lived according to a Christian code of conduct or had in some way Christian values. That's so preposterous that I honestly don't even feel the need to say more than pointing it out.

The second problem is that large portions of the text are direct quotes in Latin which may have been okay...more
SHERRY REGAN
SHERRY REGAN marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Sean Kenny
Sean Kenny marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Stephen Lemons
Stephen Lemons marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Brad Epp
Brad Epp marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Amberly
Amberly marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Nicola Montague
Nicola Montague marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Sophie Malone
Sophie Malone is currently reading it
Sep 07, 2013
Nancy Swadesh
Nancy Swadesh marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2013
Jason Griswold
Jason Griswold marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2012
Devon
Devon is currently reading it
Oct 30, 2012
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2012
Mary
Mary added it
Jul 24, 2011
Dave
Dave marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2011
20524
Anthony Trollope became one of the most successful, prolific and respected English novelists of the Victorian era. Some of Trollope's best-loved works, known as the Chronicles of Barsetshire, revolve around the imaginary county of Barsetshire; he also wrote penetrating novels on political, social, and gender issues and conflicts of his day.

Trollope has always been a popular novelist. Noted fans ha...more
More about Anthony Trollope...
Barchester Towers (Barchester Chronicles #2) The Way We Live Now The Warden Phineas Finn (Palliser, #2) Can You Forgive Her? (Palliser, #1)