Start by marking “Fresh Brewed Life: A Stirring Invitation to Wake Up Your Soul” as Want to Read:
Fresh Brewed Life: A Stirring Invitation to Wake Up Your Soul

Fresh Brewed Life: A Stirring Invitation to Wake Up Your Soul

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  259 ratings  ·  43 reviews
With wit and wisdom, Nicole Johnson leads readers in a journey of awakenings--first, to God as they respond to His tender, passionate love for them; second to readers as they embrace their identities as women, their gifts, and their dreams; and finally to others as readers learn to love and communicate in ways that bring joy and closeness.
Published January 9th 2001 by Thomas Nelson (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Fresh Brewed Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fresh Brewed Life

Mary
Are all my books going to have 5 stars? I don't think so. But this book I return to over and over. I love how she gives suggested reading, music, exercises for your life. Some people don't get it, but those who do, always try to live more of a fresh brewed life. And there are coffee recipes, too. Can't go wrong with coffee and recipes!
Jean
A book that you could read over & over....Plenty of inspiration in all areas, along with some humor thrown in the mix...It is a "Keeper"!
Michelle Rayburn
Is the daily grind getting you down? Nichole Johnson invites readers to wake up in Fresh-Brewed Life. This book is an updated version of the one she released ten years ago. Much has happened in Nicole’s life since her first book and she’s open and honest about her life. A popular Women of Faith speaker, she’s inspired many women.

In this book, Johnson covers an array of topics: friendships, relationships, beauty, sexuality, dreams, and more. Each topic is handled with a biblical perspective and t
Jeanie Cullip
"Fresh Brewed Life" wakes you up to all that you have been missing out on. Nicole's desire is for you to see the "whole bean" essence of who you are. There is more to life than laundry. You were created to give God glory, not to give dishes that special shine. This book will challenge you to live for the here and now. It deals with real life issues that are facing many women today. She candidly talks about longings, anger, relationships and sexuality. Her humor lightens up heavy subject matter a ...more
Sabine Galvan
With wit and wisdom,
Nicole Johnson leads readers in a journey of awakenings.

The opening line for this book's description sums up everything I would say so simply...but I wouldn't be me if I didn't add my own view in my own rambling fashion.

I first discovered this book 10 years ago. I was at a Women Of Faith event with some great girlfriends and I snapped this baby up because of the way Nicole's talk spoke to my heart that day. I brought it home, caressed the cover...and then sat it on my shelf
Wendy Alton

The subtitle of this book is "a stirring invitation to wake up your soul." If there is one book you are going to read this year, make it this one.

Nicole Johnson serves inspiration in 10 compact chapters, in areas such as friendships, marriage, beauty, and sexuality, along with your relationship with God and the world around you.

I couldn't put this book down. If I could sum the book up with one quote, it is this one: "Look for the extraordinary in the ordin
Diana S
A Soul-Refreshing book with journaling as a key.
I'm looking forward to the new year and starting a new journal. In which I'll be utilizing the "Directed Journaling" and "Fresh-brewed Adventures" sections of this book. There are some wonderful quotes throughout the book that will probably make it in my journal.
I loved the tidbits about coffee and all the coffee-themed recipes. Hmmm! :)
I also liked the section in each chapter called "Percolations" with its list of books, movies, and music.
While r
Audrey
Another great book by Nicole Johnson. I had first read Keeping A Princess Heart, and then picked this book up. Full of honesty, Johnson uses her own life struggles to give courage to others looking to live a "fresh-brewed life." This is probably a book that I would need to read again in order to extract all the principles, and the directed journaling should probably be completed rather than skipped over. Haha. But if you have some free time and want to take a deep look into your life, I highly r ...more
Karie Hall
A book that is written with incredible honesty. Compelling you to examine every area of your life and improve. Refreshing & helps you see past the every day stress of our sometimes over complicated lives.

In this book the author helps us by separating life as a woman into 9 different categories and how our relationship with God influences all of the different aspects of our lives, and how to wake ourselves up to real life, real adventure.

It will inspire and lift your spirit. It has lessons th
Karen
I was a little slow to warm up to this book in the first couple of chapters but, once warmed to it, LOVED it! Plan to share with a friend.
Bonnie
Excellent book to read many times. You keep getting more out of it each time.
Joy Gerbode
This will become one of my daily devotion books to read over and over, a bit at a time, and savor. I finished the book, but think it would be best read a chapter, or even half a chapter, each day, while the information is absorbed and put into practice. Lots of wonderful, challenging ideas about how to live a fresh and vibrant life. My favorite quote: "If you let your soul bubble over while you are working or doing something that is unpleasant to you, you are living a fresh-brewed life, and you ...more
Jaime Kes
While this book motivated me a great deal in creative and journaling ways, there were some things that I just felt unsure about. I couldn't pin point it but there seemed to be some influences that were completely unbiblical. Also, this constant, almost worshipful talk of coffee got old for me. I know that was the theme of the title but it still seemed to be too big of a deal.

Sorry if I'm wrong on this or perhaps wasn't focused when I was reading or something, but these are my thoughts.
Lisa Alexa
Really was a novel that added to my daily walk and armor for the issues women face today wether you are a Christian or not. What I learned is that God puts longings in your heart to improve your life and also the body image issue. What is healthy? Nicole addresses the mindsets that creep up in our hearts and she really adds a conscience check to improve our walk with being a Christian in today's world. Must read after your time in the word.
L
Fun theme & solid thoughts to inspire, encourage & prompt reflection. Light Christian read makes it approachable for those not to point of wanting a in-depth bible study. Clever quotes, recipes, little call out sections called "percolations", and journal/adventure prompts. I read it fast & could see giving it higher stars when truly used over several weeks as read, ponder/discuss, then read more.
Shola
The writer expresses how journal keeping has helped her with her christian life and encourages her readers also.it's very therapeutic and just show that there is more that one in communicating with God.I appreciate the idea, and will definately look into journaling, besides that it was ok. A good book for a christian looking to find time and place in expressing them selves and heving a quite time.
Emily
I gave up 2/3 of the way through. I picked this up from McKay's for $.75 after seeing it quoted in another book that I enjoyed. I feel like the cheese factor was too high, this was too specifically for married women, and there were too many other books I was really excited about reading to waste my time finishing this one. My favorite parts of the book might have been the quotes from other people.
Connie
A well written book of inspiration and motivation based on the authors life experiences. Also, throughout the book are recipes, movie recommendations and journal ideas. A great book for all women to read and to understand that life is what we make of it - and with God in our life it will be fantastic!

FTC disclosure: I received this book free from Booksneeze.com hoping I would review it.
Michelle
Dec 26, 2010 Michelle marked it as to-read
Shelves: christian-living
With wit and wisdom, Nicole Johnson leads the reader in a journey of awakenings--first, to God as you respond to His tender, passionate love for you; second to yourself as you embrace your identity as a woman, your gifts, and your dreams; finally, to others as you learn to love and communicate in ways that bring joy and closeness.
Leah
This is a FABULOUS personal Bible study, a book to sit down with a journal and a cup of tea. While doing this 9 week/9 day/9 month study, I came to many personal insights as to who I am and what I want to change or improve about myself. Johnson's style of writing is so refreshing and very thought provoking, yet easy to relate to.
Molly Koecher
Nicole give a lot of perspective. Great book for a woman's book club.
Monica
This is a book that is a resource to keep on your shelf at all times and when you are feeling kind of stale, tap into the freshness that it can help you achieve. This book keeps it real and helps you get on track. I love sitting down with a fresh brewed cup of coffee and just sipping on the words of Godly wisdom within.
Karen
Excellent, bare-honest book about the realities of being a woman today. I love people that are REAL, & Nicole Johnson is definitely one if those women. I've heard her speak & she's amazing as well in that arena. Thank you Nicole for helping us to all realize we're all human!
Joy Gerbode
This is one of my favorite devotion books ... I've read it a couple of times, and think it's time for me to begin using it again, as it's been a while. I just read a chapter or two each day and ponder the thoughts that help me live up to my own potential.
rebecca
It has been awhile since I've read a heavily evangelical book, so some of her preachy-moments were annoyingly uncomfortable. However, I really appreciated her vulnerability and there were various parts of the book that had me laughing out loud.
Janackeh
great read--the author separates life as a woman into 9 different categories and how our relationship with God influences all of the different aspects of our lives, and how to wake ourselves up to real life, real adventure
Jennifer Nelson
This book is my favorite non-fiction book ever. It is written with honesty and candor and is absolutely brilliant and clever. Changed my outlook on seeking God's plan for me.
Jill
Mar 09, 2012 Jill marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Just started reading this a few days ago. Saw her at a Women of Faith conference in Hartford, Ct. back in November 2011. Love her sense of humor and the way she keeps things real.
Cindy Lofgren
Read this for my women's group. Probably the best book I've read in a group setting. The questions and suggestions to "walk the words" were very inspiring and motivating for me.
Patti
Although I am not a coffee drinker, the principles in this book were very relevant to me. I will be using this book for "directed journaling" in the future.
  • A Beautiful Offering: Returning God's Love with Your Life
  • Praying God's Will for Your Life: A Prayerful Walk to Spiritual Well Being
  • Life on Planet Mom: A Down-to-Earth Guide to Your Changing Relationships
  • The Language of Love: How to Quickly Communicate Your Feelings and Needs
  • Falling in Love with Jesus: Abandoning Yourself to the Greatest Romance of Your Life
  • Whispers of Hope
  • Helper by Design: God's Perfect Plan for Women in Marriage
  • Hold Up the Sky
  • The Deer in the Wood
  • The Artist's Daughter: A Memoir
  • The Creative Call: An Artist's Response to the Way of the Spirit
  • God is Able
  • Dancing with Max: A Mother and Son Who Broke Free
  • Lord, Is It Warfare? Teach Me to Stand: A Devotional Study on Spiritual Victory
  • The Courtship
  • Jesus Lives: Seeing His Love in Your Life
  • The Shelter of God's Promises
  • Known and Loved: 52 Devotions from the Psalms
Keeping a Princess Heart: In a Not-So-Fairy-Tale World The Invisible Woman: A Special Story for Mothers Dropping Your Rock: Choosing Love Over Judgment Dramatic Encounters with God: Seven Life-Changing Lessons of Love Women of Faith Study Guide Series: Encouraging One Another (Women of Faith Study Guide Series)

“God wants to dance with us. The goal of dancing is NOT to learn the steps. The goal of dancing is to enjoy your partner. We learn the steps but only so we don't have to look down at our feet. We are free to look into the eyes of the one we love.” 20 likes